• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous - VvV PvP Gear

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had a poll some months back that voted in favor of VvV PvP gear (ornament, heart of the lion, etc...) be instated on Siege Perilous. We got word that something would be done at the Time of Legends release but it appears it may have been forgotten about.

Any update on this?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey CG,

I don't remember the results of that poll. I thought it was unfortunate when VvV gear wasn't added on Siege but I am only a part time Siege player. Do you remember what the general consensus was in that thread? I feel like a lot of the Siege regulars were against it but I could be mixing threads as well.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Got a link to that poll? Who is we and who said the word something would be done?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As I remember, there was a little problem about how it should be done, if it should be added. Lootable and useable for all also non VvV. I don't mind them added on Siege but we can't have them make imbalance between VvV and non VvV.
We are not doing same mistake as with Faction Artifacts, they almost killed PvP on Siege.
There is a lot that could be done to help the item problem on Siege.
We could start adding the fel bonus to all facet on Siege inc +1000 luck, 2x resource spawn. If crafters can craft cheaper gear it will help PvP too.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Do like @Kyronix for alerts to show up when they log in. Doesn't guarantee they will see it as they probably have a lot of alerts but it could help.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks Arnold for the link.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I agree Rico.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is absolutely no reason to add this gear to Siege...la
The reason is to make gearing in pvp easier. On a shard with full item, loss in a game 100% designed around zero item loss, on a shard with such a low pop that there is essentially no economy, playing a profession that needs to be well equipped and yet dies frequently is, well, a real pain in the ass.

I think there are 100 better ways to make gearing better than vending machines, but all would require thought and substantial dev time and we all know siege will never get more than a quick fix for anything, as we have not gotten any significant dev attention since... uhh the shards inception? Understandable, but sad. On that note, we have to be careful what we wish for because we only get these quick fixes at the rate of 2 a decade or so, so they are essentially permanent.

It's not something that is a must have, but I think it would be a good addition if the specifics of the addition are prudently sorted out.

Also with all fairness due to the wishes of the population, the poll was in favor by like 3 votes, so it's not quite a unanimous notion. I personally think both sides could compromise more to make it work out, but that's another topic.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo,

As you are much more consistently on Siege than I (by a long shot) do you recall the impact Faction arties had on Siege when they were introduced? When faction arties went live I was not very active in UO in general let alone Siege so I don't know the result. I know after they went live I joined Minax but never bought any arties jus ta faction mount. I do recall people who used them often had a buy back program (as they were tied to a character) and a lot of people would also hero/evil dye things to make them unusable by their foes. Just curious as I hadn't seen the transition.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Kelmo,

As you are much more consistently on Siege than I (by a long shot) do you recall the impact Faction arties had on Siege when they were introduced? When faction arties went live I was not very active in UO in general let alone Siege so I don't know the result. I know after they went live I joined Minax but never bought any arties jus ta faction mount. I do recall people who used them often had a buy back program (as they were tied to a character) and a lot of people would also hero/evil dye things to make them unusable by their foes. Just curious as I hadn't seen the transition.
The problem with faction Arties was it made most non faction players stop trying to PvP as it made a mega imbalance. It was not about buying back, it was about the items being to powerful vs non factions gear. Most reds joined faction and used the gear vs to kill non faction victims. If their victims won, they could not use the items.

Some said all could just join faction but a lot blue is not aggressive in PvP, they will fight if attacked but they want to be safe in town and vs non reds.

There is no reason to do same mistake twice. There are other ways to make PvP and PvM gear cheaper and easier to get. If crafters and farmers could stock their vendors with good gear to a fair price, I don't think they would mind to lose some to PK's too. The community need to depend of each others.

The monster loot we have now are nice for unraw but it really sucks, if the crafters try to improve it. Lets see more items with 1-3 useful mods instead of 5 mods, that do not fit together and more resist on looted items.

The PvP'ers do need PvP gear but it should not come from vending machines, it should come from crafting and PvM. If easier to get and easier to put together, more would be willing to PvP.

In the past, every PvP'ers guildhouse was stocked with useful PvP gear, now it's a pain to sort the loot or stock with something all can use. You can't just make bags with hats or gorgets as the resist make it a pain to replace a lost hat or gorget.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do recall. It creates a have/have not sort of environment. Some will say just join factions and you will have the gear too!

• Factions is not for everyone
  • Siege is not a PvP shard
  • We all live in the same fish bowl, there is no place to not be affected by cheap artifacts.
  • Vending machines are dumb.
Each of those is a topic that can generate many different opinions. All are worthy of being debated in hopefully an adult and entertaining manner.

You know... if you folks want to play with vending machine artifacts and insurance, you can. I do not play Mugen so I do not speak for them.

Siege is the last place I have. It is not the Siege I knew when I started... I know that. I fought and railed against this and for that for over a decade.

There is only one Siege Perilous. It is unique. I do like new content, I know every time new content is introduced Siege has to figure it out the hard way. Please do not freely give away the unique things and ask for us to be more like every other shard. Just go play there.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I do recall. It creates a have/have not sort of environment. Some will say just join factions and you will have the gear too!

• Factions is not for everyone
  • Siege is not a PvP shard
  • We all live in the same fish bowl, there is no place to not be affected by cheap artifacts.
  • Vending machines are dumb.
Each of those is a topic that can generate many different opinions. All are worthy of being debated in hopefully an adult and entertaining manner.

You know... if you folks want to play with vending machine artifacts and insurance, you can. I do not play Mugen so I do not speak for them.

Siege is the last place I have. It is not the Siege I knew when I started... I know that. I fought and railed against this and for that for over a decade.

There is only one Siege Perilous. It is unique. I do like new content, I know every time new content is introduced Siege has to figure it out the hard way. Please do not freely give away the unique things and ask for us to be more like every other shard. Just go play there.
  • "Siege is not a PvP shard", Seige IS a PVP/PK shard, or it wouldnt be just FEL EVERYWHERE!,I think you mean NOT EVERYONE pvp's.PK'S there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is not what I mean at all. I mean to say Siege is not a PvP shard. No matter how much you want it to be. If PvP is yer thing I might suggest Fel Atlantic.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
That is not what I mean at all. I mean to say Siege is not a PvP shard. No matter how much you want it to be. If PvP is yer thing I might suggest Fel Atlantic.
Hmm how can you say that seige is not a pvp/pk shard when FEL IS EVERYWHERE!,isnt that kind of contradicting? If FEL Atlantic is "the pvp/pk" shard would'nt it make sense to not have a Trammel there?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You do not play Siege obviously.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
You do not play Siege obviously.
HEHE!, YOU ARE RIGHT!, I don't play Seige!,I'M one of those "people" who lefted Seige couple year's ago. But I played seige for 10+ Year's, I would even go as far as I have played Seige before you Mister....... I PVPED there/PVM there THE WHOLE WORKS! had two luna house's!........Now for the reason i lefted seige that's a whole different story.....

Last edited:

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
As I remember, there was a little problem about how it should be done, if it should be added. Lootable and useable for all also non VvV. I don't mind them added on Siege but we can't have them make imbalance between VvV and non VvV.
We are not doing same mistake as with Faction Artifacts, they almost killed PvP on Siege.
There is a lot that could be done to help the item problem on Siege.
We could start adding the fel bonus to all facet on Siege inc +1000 luck, 2x resource spawn. If crafters can craft cheaper gear it will help PvP too.

I'm wondering why faction arties killed seige? have the remaining thought about that? You state that it killed pvp!?, but let's think about that statement,If one was into pvp wouldnt easier to get gear be more productive? On the other hand i understand gear should'nt be handed out.But once the balance has been shifted to being balance to being tedious, it should be revised.

The non faction people complained about,how it's unbalanced for the "have's" and have not"s",but have they ever thought about, the "have not's" "got saftey" of calling gaurd's?, even when you cannot call guard's, one must think, the faction people sacrificed the right to be attacked anywhere including in town's,then with that in mind,then it is really that unblanaced to sacrifice population?.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Any one can be attacked anywhere.

If you want artifacts earn them.

If you want to be a player on Siege then play. Play hard and stay the course.

Or be a bitchy lil wanna be. Yer choice.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Any one can be attacked anywhere.

If you want artifacts earn them.

If you want to be a player on Siege then play. Play hard and stay the course.

Or be a bitchy lil wanna be. Yer choice.

come attack me in GZ luna pls, please do not forget tho im Not VvV hehe.

I didnt Earn the silver!, it justed poped into my back pack.

i don't play hard but yet i had luna' house's,I'm so blessed.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys we don't have to re-argue this one. All this stuff was argued in the thread with the poll.

I just thought it was swept under the rug and I don't know how else to contact the devs besides post here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you are orange. I would smoke you in a GZ. Maybe we will do that one day. When I am really bored.

I know places in towns that you think should be "guard" protected that are not.
I know of some buddy tactics that can get you PKed and looted.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Guys we don't have to re-argue this one. All this stuff was argued in the thread with the poll.

I just thought it was swept under the rug and I don't know how else to contact the devs besides post here.
Not argiung hehe,but when a debate become's a one sided arguement,to me it seem's pretty bad,esp when it's the only one's that is lefted on a pvp shard...is not the pvper's.... ewww to think about it, not much of pvm'er's are left is there?,! "willing to buy stuff"

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
If you are orange. I would smoke you in a GZ. Maybe we will do that one day. When I am really bored.

I know places in towns that you think should be "guard" protected that are not.
I know of some buddy tactics that can get you PKed and looted.
HEHE "NOPE THIS IS NOT A PVP SHARD!"

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's better to let that thread be the point of reference because so much effort was put in to arguing both sides. Total waste of energy to do it again.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
  • "Siege is not a PvP shard", Seige IS a PVP/PK shard, or it wouldnt be just FEL EVERYWHERE!,I think you mean NOT EVERYONE pvp's.PK'S there.
Siege was born before other shards got Trammel. When I started playing in 1997, there was no trammel on any shards. That did not mean it was only a PvP game.
A lot houses are public on Siege with the doors open, so are my castle. I do my crafting there and Tina Tink can't fight but yet she had not been PK'ed inside the castle. A few years a red I did not know was calling me in Gen Chat, asking me to craft something for him. I asked where to meet him. I'm in your castle he said. I went home to my castle, made his order and got my money without any problems.

Because it's all Fel, it do not mean all are going to PK you or expect you to PvP. Siege was more wild in the past but it always had a lot non PvP players who choose Siege over other shards.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
It's better to let that thread be the point of reference because so much effort was put in to arguing both sides. Total waste of energy to do it again.
It would be great to have a point of refference,but where is this refference?"that thread"? where it's clearly a one sided arguement etween,the one's"that have stayed" or "the one's"that got fed up and lefted?.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Siege was born before other shards got Trammel. When I started playing in 1997, there was no trammel on any shards. That did not mean it was only a PvP game.
A lot houses are public on Siege with the doors open, so are my castle. I do my crafting there and Tina Tink can't fight but yet she had not been PK'ed inside the castle. A few years a red I did not know was calling me in Gen Chat, asking me to craft something for him. I asked where to meet him. I'm in your castle he said. I went home to my castle, made his order and got my money without any problems.

Because it's all Fel, it do not mean all are going to PK you or expect you to PvP. Siege was more wild in the past but it always had a lot non PvP players who choose Siege over other shards.
OK! you are quoting,thing's from 97!, may i ask what year is it?,or better yet,what year was it when everyone lefted?, "I wish" i was 15 agAIN!, BUT CAN WE TURN BACK TIME?,IF DON'T WANT TO "GET WITH THE TIME'S" then i advise you not to preach on uhall an more.....

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran

I did not expect everything to revolve around "pvp" hence my statement "willing to buy thing's" HMMM, let's look at seige board?, is there any of those?. or even better yet! " willing to sell thing's"!

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come to think of it... I probably should have just bumped that thread instead of being lazy and just making a new one. Lol.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Come to think of it... I probably should have just bumped that thread instead of being lazy and just making a new one. Lol.

I'm sorry,but when i keep seeing post after post,of help cry's from my beloved shard from a biased group of "prevailing" player's that"stuck" around",it;s hard to not post!,and this was my feeling from two year's ago!.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But I played seige for 10+ Year's, I would even go as far as I have played Seige before you Mister....... I PVPED there/PVM there THE WHOLE WORKS! had two luna house's!........Now for the reason i lefted seige that's a whole different story.....
What is your char name on Siege?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
What is your char name on Siege?
Do my "name matter?" by asking that question you are implying everyone "who play'ed"but did not wish to make a name for themselve's's,don't matter!.Is that what everything has come down to? But i'm sure if i was to mention my name.,alot of people wiill rember me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you played Siege for 10 years, I must know you. I don't understand why people are afraid stand by who they are.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Who were you during 97!,? how come i have never hear of you during that time!
I had always been Freja, not my fail if you had not heard about me. I played Atlantic before Siege was born.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
If you played Siege for 10 years, I must know you. I don't understand why people are afraid stand by who they are.

"you must know me cause you know everyone"! lmao! so you implying "you absoulutely"know everyone?" and when they made new acct"s and" alt name"s?,i'm sorry if i didnt kept a one and only name".......

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I had always been Freja, not my fail if you had not heard about me. I played Atlantic before Siege was born.

Oh i heard about "you" but asked any serious pvp'er, who was "freja" during "the time?" lmao i guess you know the answer.....just like me and my alt name's during the 10+ period during the seige time's.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
"you must know me cause you know everyone"! lmao! so you implying "you absoulutely"know everyone?" and when they made new acct"s and" alt name"s?,i'm sorry if i didnt kept a one and only name".......
Hard to hide on Siege, even with new name and account :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I never claimed to be a good PvP'er, I sure die more than I kill, just look at my VvV status :p
I do have an idea who you may be :)

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I never claimed to be a good PvP'er, I sure die more than I kill, just look at my VvV status :p

well you sure act like you were "someone when "quote" if you where there i would know you" but anyway',s just to open one's mind it's not hard to "hided" when resource's are available"

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have always been kelmo. I have been here on Siege awhile. I have no idea who you are. Visitor.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am not narrow minded. I am about the community. I just have no idea who you are.