• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Template

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello All and Happy New Year!

I am wanting to create a sampire character. I haven't done this before, have been out of the game for some years til recently. Curious on what template I should use. I have done a little reading but curious on what my stats should look like...should I focus on stam more than Mana? What should my numbers look like? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stamina depends on your weapon speed. You want to be able to swing your weapon at max speed (1.25). Double axe and bladed staff are the most popular (armor ignore on staff whirlwind on ax). Next is hp and strength. 140 or better is always a good thing. Strength should be maxed. Mana should be enough to do a weapon special at least twice (60ish)

Course the nice thing about the template is that its versitille.

I run:

140 hp/150 strength
165 stam (usually you want 185+ to meet max swing speed req but I have 40 ssi on suit)
80 mana

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, so natural stats are limited to 260, but 150+165+80=395. I can only assume that's enhanced with jewelry. What are your natural stats?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just built my first sampire (little late to the party) and it's pretty great. I went with fencing instead of swords to use spears/leafblades for AI/Feint and kama for whirlwind as they're faster and require less stamina to swing at max at the expense of some damage. We've got a good thread about sampire builds and gear going in the warrior forum currently, come check it out.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually in most cases double strike is better or equal to Armor ignore.
Skip uhall and head over to the warriors forum. They keep the information upto date and are pretty helpful as long as you attempt to read some of the back info.
keep an open mind....but typically most people think sampires are out of date unless all you want to do is solo champ spawn while watching movies :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually in most cases double strike is better or equal to Armor ignore.
Skip uhall and head over to the warriors forum. They keep the information upto date and are pretty helpful as long as you attempt to read some of the back info.
keep an open mind....but typically most people think sampires are out of date unless all you want to do is solo champ spawn while watching movies :)
With the addition of onslaught using double strike has become a much more common option for me.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All and Happy New Year!

I am wanting to create a sampire character. I haven't done this before, have been out of the game for some years til recently. Curious on what template I should use. I have done a little reading but curious on what my stats should look like...should I focus on stam more than Mana? What should my numbers look like? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
It depends. You want to swing your chosen weapon at 1.25 or as close as possible. Every 30 stamina reduces swing speed by .25. Stamina is your most important stat, and you need to build around that.

If you have less than 180 stam you'll need +20 ssi for a 3.0 speed weapon, +35% for a 3.25, and +55% for a 3.5

If you have 180+ stam you'll need 5% ss for a 3, 20% for a 3.25, 35% for a 3.5, and 55% for a 3.75.

Base stats you can do 125/10/125 (if at stat cap, if not drop str it's easy to find elsewhere) then you can go 150 if you are lacking resources to get to 180+ and pack extra SSI on jewels or on shield if you use one, or rely on Divine Fury for the SSI you'll need outside of your weapon. Or just use 3 speed weapons, or run a less than optimal 1.5 swing speed, which is doable, but I wouldn't recommend it, as getting over the bump is not that hard really.