• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about gold and items on vendors when a house falls

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I played the inactive account roulette wheel and got burned when we had the housing problems early 2015.

My question is items and gold on vendors that were on the house would they be deposited in my accounts bank or do they also go poof?

Thanks!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Unless it's changed, items and stuff on vendors go to the houses moving crate, when the house drops the content of the moving crate gets tossed out with everything else. Now I haven't done an IDOC in quite a while but I know that's how it did work.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless it's changed, items and stuff on vendors go to the houses moving crate, when the house drops the content of the moving crate gets tossed out with everything else. Now I haven't done an IDOC in quite a while but I know that's how it did work.
it still works the way you described.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I played the inactive account roulette wheel and got burned when we had the housing problems early 2015.

My question is items and gold on vendors that were on the house would they be deposited in my accounts bank or do they also go poof?

Thanks!
I've done quite a few idocs.
Before the change everything on a vendor would go into a bag and the bag would drop exactly where the vendor stood including any gold on the vendor.
Now when a house falls, the only items that fall from the vendor are anything the vendor has equipped on the paper doll, everything else poofs.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a long-time rares collector and IDOCer, this makes me very sad. IDOCs have always been sad to me to begin with; I don't enjoy watching people's investments crumble, as each IDOC represents another piece of the UO community withered away. Not all IDOCers are vultures, some of us have merely accepted that if no one is around to pick up these fallen bits of history, whether to put them in a museum or private collection or store, they will disappear forever, making the damage to the community even worse. I have had a couple of houses drop myself, something I feel truly regretful about because of some of the collectibles inside, and I HOPE somebody was camped when they fell. I hope those items are still in the world somewhere.

This new vendor mechanic is antithetical to a great deal of the spirit of community and history behind online games in UO's genre and especially UO itself, and is far, far from representing one of the dev team's finer moments, or understanding for the culture that earlier teams encouraged and helped foster.