• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minax Arties

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, so I'm in Blackthorn's dungeon trying to farm these and it's painfully slow. I'm averaging about 1 drop every two hours.

So a couple of questions, which room is the best to farm these?

And does luck influence the drop rate?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best room to farm is the city pod things with the captains inside.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes luck makes a difference.
I usually use the mage room if I can get in or the lich room, if I can't. My char's aren't up to doing the pods solo.
Sometimes I do the controllers, but I do those for compassion sage as a bonus.
I mostly go to Fel, where the campers aren't.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will have to give it a shot.

I tried the fel thing too but someone was trying to cleverly have their thief steal from me if I happened to get one.

Unfortunately for them they didnt make it out.

What luck should I be rolling with? As much as possible?

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to give it a shot.

I tried the fel thing too but someone was trying to cleverly have their thief steal from me if I happened to get one.

Unfortunately for them they didnt make it out.

What luck should I be rolling with? As much as possible?
Was it a Ninja on ATL? I got that guy also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The best room to farm is the city pod things with the captains inside.
I gave this a shot and I got completely nailed, what type of char do you use for these?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Was it a Ninja on ATL? I got that guy also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I was on great lakes but I dont recall the name. Thorn something

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave this a shot and I got completely nailed, what type of char do you use for these?
The only Template I have used to roll the captains is a 6/4 fully scrolled paladin. I have a decent survival rate with him but ya need to pay attention during the fight. I havent done this for a while but I was getting a drop every other captain or at least 1 out of every 3.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not so easy for thieves since they made an adjustment to stop hidden tamers. You get revealed in there and can't stealth much.
Try the lich, they're not camped because you can't just stand still and let them come to you like the mages, and since you're moving around, it makes life harder for the thieves. They'd much rather steal from someone who's afk scripting and won't notice :D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I average 2 drops per hour on tram blackthorn at the golden elementals room with 2K luck.
But if you need a lot of them, the captains in the pods are the way to go. Each of them drop 2 arties upon killing them, save for that bloody stingy sampire captain that only drops one.
I have had a lot of success there with the following template:
120 swords/120 tactics/110 anat (120 with turn in tally)/120 chiv/120 parry/120 healing/10 magery (for making it easier to cast protection upon resurrection).
Put hit lightning on your weapon and use an AI one and you should be able to collect a fair bit of drops in a short space of time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give it a try but clearly not with my archer the way it is.

One of the fencers were hitting me for 50 points a shot.

The pace I'm going now might produce me a garb by this time next year.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The easiest way to get them was to use a thief and just steal them from all the afk farmers. The fix for hidden characters doesn't really matter because the farmers are afk anyways. The problem is the afk farmers are using an exploit that makes the drops go directly to their bank box. GMs don't even understand the game so they are useless when paged. Ive probably stolen about 70 of the arties from afkers but none in quite a while because they now all use the exploit. I think they should make the drops cursed like powerscrolls and that if the exploit is being used they should just drop to the ground like when people tried to help stuck scrolls out of dungeons. Unfortunately even if people exploit the devs don't seem quick to fix anythingthing that would help thieves.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The easiest way to get them was to use a thief and just steal them from all the afk farmers. The fix for hidden characters doesn't really matter because the farmers are afk anyways. The problem is the afk farmers are using an exploit that makes the drops go directly to their bank box. GMs don't even understand the game so they are useless when paged. Ive probably stolen about 70 of the arties from afkers but none in quite a while because they now all use the exploit. I think they should make the drops cursed like powerscrolls and that if the exploit is being used they should just drop to the ground like when people tried to help stuck scrolls out of dungeons. Unfortunately even if people exploit the devs don't seem quick to fix anythingthing that would help thieves.
Im not sure of the exploit but I assume youd be referring to a full bag.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do the mini cities, 2 drops per captain and sometimes off the mobs. anyone with common sense would know the other areas would be exploited by afk farmers. sometimes it seems like they develop things to help the exploiters, scripters ect... lightning on a weapon is the key, armor ignore.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's find killing Captains until you get some like the Fencer in GLs who seems to be bugged. You can't even scratch her. Had 6 people on her her bar barely moved at all.

Someone had said something about them becoming corrupted or something where using physical damage healed them or some such so we were all casting spells on her using things that did other sorts of damage but still could not budge her bar. Finally just gave up.

And @OREOGL I'd be willing to help you kill captains sometime just let me know. I'm never opposed to getting more Minax Arties.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give it a try but clearly not with my archer the way it is.

If you're playing an archer, you shouldn't be getting hit at all . Bushido archer with healing and chivalry is the safest way to pick off the spawn one at a time, then kite the captains one at a time. Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for each spawn and captain, depending on the spawn. But it does get physically tiring after a while kiting the captains while you shoot them, then following them back after they recall to where they started, then doing it all over until they're dead. No doubt BeaIank's bushido-chiv-dexxer template with the HLL weapons is easier, if you can create it.
EDIT: Talking solo here.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What shard ya on?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's find killing Captains until you get some like the Fencer in GLs who seems to be bugged. You can't even scratch her. Had 6 people on her her bar barely moved at all.

Someone had said something about them becoming corrupted or something where using physical damage healed them or some such so we were all casting spells on her using things that did other sorts of damage but still could not budge her bar. Finally just gave up.

And @OREOGL I'd be willing to help you kill captains sometime just let me know. I'm never opposed to getting more Minax Arties.
Sounds good man, I'll give you a shout sometime.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're playing an archer, you shouldn't be getting hit at all . Bushido archer with healing and chivalry is the safest way to pick off the spawn one at a time, then kite the captains one at a time. Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for each spawn and captain, depending on the spawn. But it does get physically tiring after a while kiting the captains while you shoot them, then following them back after they recall to where they started, then doing it all over until they're dead. No doubt BeaIank's bushido-chiv-dexxer template with the HLL weapons is easier, if you can create it.
EDIT: Talking solo here.
Yeah I shouldn't have been but I made the mistake of running by it a couple times and lagged just at the right time.

Maybe I'll add bushido on to the template and give it another go.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I shouldn't have been but I made the mistake of running by it a couple times and lagged just at the right time.

The honor from bushido does make a big difference - unless it's one of those captains with the insanely high parry that you can never hit twice in a row anyway

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they have a full bag then just steal a few items out of it? then the arties will drop into their bag. or are they using unstealable items to fill their bags?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
if they have a full bag then just steal a few items out of it? then the arties will drop into their bag. or are they using unstealable items to fill their bags?
theyd probably have these insured if not already in trammel.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I posted up an entire thread about the Fencers and Macers being bugged. They're not. If you get one like that, you need to ONLY hit them with Elemental damage. If you have a dragon or someone tanking it with physical, they leach it back. If you search my thread (I think it was called Blackthorn Bug or something), someone even posted up a video to show how they do it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you are just looking for a minax robe crest of the blackthorn..... 2 MR 140 luck....etc??
I have a spare on cats if you cant get it to GL you are welcome to it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you are just looking for a minax robe crest of the blackthorn..... 2 MR 140 luck....etc??
I have a spare on cats if you cant get it to GL you are welcome to it.
I appreciate that, if I'm ever on Cats ill look you up.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I find bushido to be less than helpful there.
Hit lightning already gives you the full damage if you have 120 chiv, and the only bosses you can build a decent amount of perfection to get the honour damage bonus there are the squishy ones, and they fall quickly enough. You won't be getting much of perfection against the tank ones like the macer, the swordsman and the fencer.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find bushido to be less than helpful there.
Hit lightning already gives you the full damage if you have 120 chiv, and the only bosses you can build a decent amount of perfection to get the honour damage bonus there are the squishy ones, and they fall quickly enough. You won't be getting much of perfection against the tank ones like the macer, the swordsman and the fencer.
We don't all have 120 chivalry, or anywhere near ir

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I appreciate all the advice. I think I'll take a stab at each one and see which one works best for the character I'm using.