• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things I Expected in Publish 91 and Time of Legends Expansion

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, first off this is not a complaining thread. I think Time of Legends is a huge success and was done extremely well, thank you for your work on it!

There were things that I thought I read somewhere and expected to see in Time of Legends. There are also things I think should have been done and there are things I think should have been fixed/added for publish 91. I'm going to just quickly list them so this doesn't get into a ridiculous post.

• Enhance Cloth Armor and new armor types with special materials
  • Dragon Turtle Armor - regular armor that drops just like Tiger armor from monsters as loot, but acts as Studded (non-medable, 3 LMC, because we lack this armor-type)
  • Repairable/PoF-able Artifacts
  • Repairable VvV Epaulettes
  • PoF-able Jewelry (clean and prized) - edit: stated not going to happen

OK, I thought this list would be longer but I just woke up and my head is foggy... but here are three small things that I think are a big deal.

EDIT:
  • Fey Slayer Imbue/Reforge

New Ideas:
  • Repair deed book or something like the smithing press that holds charges
  • Stackable POFs

Last edited:

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one things i was really hoping they would do was make bod books act like powerscroll, books, could have sworn when this expansion was first announced they said they would be doin something to bod books, might have been just wishful thinking on my part

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fey Slayer imbueable. Which I swear somebody said they confirmed months ago.
I thought the same too, and I was hoping for it to be included with the expansion. Would be nice for my Sampire and Thrower (and my Archer, although I don't usually play her) - none of the currently available Fey Slayer items have Mana Leech or Stam Leech.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
  • Enhance Cloth Armor and new armor types with special materials
  • Dragon Turtle Armor - regular armor that drops just like Tiger armor from monsters as loot, but acts as Studded (non-medable, 3 LMC, because we lack this armor-type)
  • Repairable/PoF-able Artifacts
About Enhance Cloth Armor, I do like cloth armor and boots with mods, but I would love to let crafters be able to imbue a few kind of mods on on clothes and boots, maybe max 5 resist, max 8 LRC, max 50 luck and nightsight. Max 3 slot and max 150 weight.
As long have caps for the whole suit, I don't see, cloth items having some mods being a problem.

Maybe add wooden clogs or shoes that will have mods from colored wood and can be imbued to with same max weight and slots as cloth items.

Dragon Turtle Armor, I agree it should had been studded.

Repairable/PoF-able Artifacts, I agree about repairable, but not sure with PoF able as they need run out like Imbued armor.

I hope to see some love to metal armor in the future, maybe some mods only for warriors, that can't be added to non studded leather and some mods on the colored ingots like on wood.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About Enhance Cloth Armor, I do like cloth armor and boots with mods, but I would love to let crafters be able to imbue a few kind of mods on on clothes and boots, maybe max 5 resist, max 8 LRC, max 50 luck and nightsight. Max 3 slot and max 150 weight.
As long have caps for the whole suit, I don't see, cloth items having some mods being a problem.

Maybe add wooden clogs or shoes that will have mods from colored wood and can be imbued to with same max weight and slots as cloth items.

Dragon Turtle Armor, I agree it should had been studded.

Repairable/PoF-able Artifacts, I agree about repairable, but not sure with PoF able as they need run out like Imbued armor.

I hope to see some love to metal armor in the future, maybe some mods only for warriors, that can't be added to non studded leather and some mods on the colored ingots like on wood.
Eh. Make them PoF-able, IMO. While 255 does last a while, it will eventually run out, especially since they're not repairable atm. They don't have the Imbued/Brittle tag, so I don't see why they shouldn't be.

For me, it's probably just bad luck talking, but the drops are ridiculously rare. Even if you manage to get frequent drops, there's also the issue of it being the one you want (and you might want multiple copies of them - have fun farming!), and in the case of the Enchantress's Cameo, it may not have the Slayer you want (granted, that's a secondary bonus given the other mods on it.)

Mooselisted

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I want a "Book of Repair Deeds"!
One that I can replenish and holds charges.

It would be awesome not to have to pick up 5 of each deed and use them individually.

Imagine your book holds 25 of each kind of repair deed and you can double click the book and click the piece you'd like repaired and it will just remove the charges accordingly.

Or maybe even an option where you can "Repair all currently equipped"
And as long as all the charges are there, easy!

I play classic client.
I'm sure in enhanced there is some fancy feature that warns you when your gear is low on durability..
Sometimes I miss a piece of armor and am in the middle of a battle when I get the message.

It would be a cool Christmas gift!! ;-)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That would be great for sall of repair deeds on vendors. Let us craft books, that can hold upto 100 repair deeds, then we can sell books with 100 tailoring deeds or 50 tailoring and 50 smithing deeds.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It would be awesome not to have to pick up 5 of each deed and use them individually.

Imagine your book holds 25 of each kind of repair deed and you can double click the book and click the piece you'd like repaired and it will just remove the charges accordingly.

I play classic client.
I'm sure in enhanced there is some fancy feature that warns you when your gear is low on durability..
Sometimes I miss a piece of armor and am in the middle of a battle when I get the message.

Great idea!!!! Love it, please make it so Devs!!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I play classic client.

Iike the thought in general but I don't understand why we are gearing everything toward the "easy button".

I'd like to see gameplay and its systems preserved even though we don't want to spend the extra two minutes repairing things.

But maybe I'm just hanging onto nostalgia.

Mooselisted

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Iike the thought in general but I don't understand why we are gearing everything toward the "easy button".

I'd like to see gameplay and its systems preserved even though we don't want to spend the extra two minutes repairing things.

But maybe I'm just hanging onto nostalgia.
I agree with you on not putting an "easy" button on most things.
However, the easy button was already hit with repairing, hence repair deeds.

I personally just feel all around with the way the game has evolved in a fast paced manner up to this point it would be an item that most of the population would look forward to.

It seems that most of everything else is already on the "fast paced" train, wouldn't hurt to have a book that hosted the repair deeds rather than having obtain them 1 by 1, put them on a vendor 1 by 1, etc.

Just an opinion. But id be stoked for something like this!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree with you on not putting an "easy" button on most things.
However, the easy button was already hit with repairing, hence repair deeds.

I personally just feel all around with the way the game has evolved in a fast paced manner up to this point it would be an item that most of the population would look forward to.

It seems that most of everything else is already on the "fast paced" train, wouldn't hurt to have a book that hosted the repair deeds rather than having obtain them 1 by 1, put them on a vendor 1 by 1, etc.

Just an opinion. But id be stoked for something like this!
I like the book idea but I don't know about clicking fix all etc since crafting is still a valid play style.

If it were like the bulk order book that'd be okay.

Mooselisted

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like the book idea but I don't know about clicking fix all etc since crafting is still a valid play style.

If it were like the bulk order book that'd be okay.
I can agree on that, I was throwing out ideas to see if anyone else had any ideas to run with it.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I play classic client.

^^^^ This post.

A book of repair deeds would be helpful, especially for clearing up some lockdown space. I hate that I have anywhere between 150-300 deeds taking up lockdown space at any time because I stock them for both myself and my guild.

I also agree with not making it too terribly easy either. Even the book was something that only could be used when locked down for storage purposes, so that way you had to pull them out individually when going to use them.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that can decrease the amount of items without losing functionality or purpose is a +1 in my book.

Also added repairable VvV epaulettes.

Nostalgia would be heading to your local blacksmith and keeping your fingers crossed hoping he gives back the item you needed repaired.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was happy to see the new stone crafting for keeps/castles but having issues putting items up, not fun, very frustrated. not sure if anyone will help.
ive posted about cluttered cc backpacks, ask for a book to hold other books, rune, mage, necro, sw, mystic, and mastery books. the new rune books really does nothing much to help.
I also ask for repair deed book where I can price all the same price, not having to price all 500, 500 times. same with bod books, should be able to price all option.

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I expect... the dragon turtle vet statue to lay me a turtle dragon egg every 24 hours ;).

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES! Repair deed book FTW! Wont save the efforts to buy/craft them deeds, or affect the crafting system , will def save a lot of storage and clean some mess

You shall not pass!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
likewise

maybe new year gift? :D
I still would rather have a deed book that holds all sorts of deeds, like Holiday tickets, Shadow item deeds, crystal token item deeds, Tailoring Bod reward item deeds, Anniversary item deeds, as well as all the craftable item deeds and it may as well hold repair deeds as well... sure why not and it should be like the BOD books sortable, and all with a good menu for finding what you want and able to price them individually for sale etc... And that would make my Valentines just saying...

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
added:

• Enhanced Client Bug -> Enchanted Apples going on CD without removing anything

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I so despise the repair deeds. I have disliked them since they first showed up. I spent all of my in game time at the west Brit forge, just repairing people's armor and weapons. I miss those days.

Having said that, since the repair deeds are staying, a book to put them all in would certainly be handy.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I so despise the repair deeds. I have disliked them since they first showed up. I spent all of my in game time at the west Brit forge, just repairing people's armor and weapons. I miss those days.

Having said that, since the repair deeds are staying, a book to put them all in would certainly be handy.
One option would be to add the books AND give items repaired by the actual crafter a 75% chance to not lose durability. Easier repair via the deeds plus a bonus for getting an actual player to do the repair.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fey Slayer imbueable. Which I swear somebody said they confirmed months ago.
I asked Mesanna about it at two meet and greets. The first was preToL and she said it would be in the next publish which ended up becoming ToL, the second she said they hadn't forgotten about it but that ToL had bumped it to the next publish. Fingers crossed that it comes in Publish 92!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next publish will be of bug fixes and a few tid bits of items as was said at a Dev meet and greet. Now this is not stopping any other additional things to be added to the list. Remember the Dev had December off for the holidays as is customary. And in my book after that publish they needed the rest. As for Bod Book changes...... I have bugged the Dark Lady so much about making the bod books more user friendly.
As in making the books a 1 item count in your pack no matter the amount of bods inside. (this will go along way to clear up space in most homes!)
Along with a menu change or addition of selecting a bit more redefined. I'd also like to see that it could be used like the other books when locked down, with an access to the books use in the lockdown. It's just getting the lady to see it has potential to save players and keep the next phase of bod collecting she has in mind viable. I'd like to see a good handful of new "selectable" rewards added to the already obtainable gifts.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 91 went live the beginning of November, not during the holidays.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I second the call for a repair deed book.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I agree with despising them. It took away a LOT of the community interaction. I still wish they would put in a box at some of the smithies like Britain and such which a person could put an item into chose what you want done with the item be it repair or enhance... target the crafter you want to do the work... select a price you both agree on... then the crafter in the box can repair or enhance and BOTH folk get a message of how well it worked. Can put these near the queens forge in Ter Mur too and then do Imbuing or Reforging.... etc... I think it would bring community back. But that's me. Personally I hate the deeds. I never use them.

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i would defenently like an bod book with 1 stone even full that would help me a bunch

but i would rather have shanges to bods and reforgin and so as its much needed now the ressist you get on reforged parts just aint up to date
and cant compet on loot items sure loot items hard to get but lets not forget the ton of work and mats used in makeing lesser good items

i hope they do it so that furst of all you can use more charges on a runics but in doing so have more controll over what you get and ressist that is not like hafe of what loot armors give
say use 10 charges and you have full controll over mods and at 15 charges you add that loot ressist that would be good then you have an set price for that part at around 2m as is the cost of a barbed kit but
it would balance both price of armor and the need to pump out 1000s upon 1000s of jusels parts that non would ever use in there wildest dreams

it would also help new players that dont have the 500m needed to buy an uber armor 6 parts then would cost around 12m in barbed kits and thats allot more manageble then to days price

but then again if you say if doing that they would burn less kits then i say well then just incrase number of sharges needed can do up to 90 charges in a go but ofcorse the more sharges needed the harder for the buyers

if players would get a full set of crafted gear for 12m you would see allot more willingness among players to even out fit some new players as it is to day hardly any one do it unless they real nice or
take pitty on them

is many way to do it and lets say you put brittle on allot of them then you have to remake armors also but shood have option to burn enuff charges and not have to deal with brittle

surly you say then loot armors would not be needed i would say money always bean in the artys you get an so on any way and to have loot be supirior to what a 120 smith can make is just silly
you get allot more crafters going abouth if you make it not a total lotto to make armors

sorry for all spelling errors i am dyslectic and is not useing spell checkers thx

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with despising them. It took away a LOT of the community interaction. I still wish they would put in a box at some of the smithies like Britain and such which a person could put an item into chose what you want done with the item be it repair or enhance... target the crafter you want to do the work... select a price you both agree on... then the crafter in the box can repair or enhance and BOTH folk get a message of how well it worked. Can put these near the queens forge in Ter Mur too and then do Imbuing or Reforging.... etc... I think it would bring community back. But that's me. Personally I hate the deeds. I never use them.
This would be nice. Although I'd like to have a box for the house as well, so I could do repairs for others if I was at my house doing something else. I used to have regular customers that would only come to me for repairs. I did repairs for tips only. No set fee.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This would be nice. Although I'd like to have a box for the house as well, so I could do repairs for others if I was at my house doing something else. I used to have regular customers that would only come to me for repairs. I did repairs for tips only. No set fee.
A agree with you and MalagAste that crafting by proxy - a.k.a. repair deeds - took something away from the game. But only if you remember the days of queuing up to see a Smith in Brit and the social interaction that ensued. Plus the notion of crafters as rock stars was interesting. Alas, though, I don't see that returning even in the form you two propose. It feels a bit like trying to un-ring a bell.

Even the repair deed itself is quaint. Can you name another online game where NPCs don't repair your stuff? The deed book, however, is a wonderful and most workable idea.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the vet rewards sewing machine, smithy press etc do the repairs for players instead... Fill them with deeds the same way u fill them with tools :) oh yeah! We still need a tinkering machine btw

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A agree with you and MalagAste that crafting by proxy - a.k.a. repair deeds - took something away from the game. But only if you remember the days of queuing up to see a Smith in Brit and the social interaction that ensued. Plus the notion of crafters as rock stars was interesting. Alas, though, I don't see that returning even in the form you two propose. It feels a bit like trying to un-ring a bell.

Even the repair deed itself is quaint. Can you name another online game where NPCs don't repair your stuff? The deed book, however, is a wonderful and most workable idea.
I know... It's a pet peeve of mine though. I think it was the start of the downfall of socialization and the rise of greed and the soloism we have now. I remember even though I had my own crafter I would still go see Pork Chop Jesus at the Brit smithy and have him fix my gear. He was my superman... I wonder all the time if they had done something more hands on like my suggestion if he'd still be around along with the half dozen or more others that were always there.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know... It's a pet peeve of mine though. I think it was the start of the downfall of socialization and the rise of greed and the soloism we have now. I remember even though I had my own crafter I would still go see Pork Chop Jesus at the Brit smithy and have him fix my gear. He was my superman... I wonder all the time if they had done something more hands on like my suggestion if he'd still be around along with the half dozen or more others that were always there.
Yes, but we got to experience that. Sometimes I still wonder, when I recall it all, if my mind is going - it's just that extraordinary and the memory of it seems more amazing and improbable with each passing year.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
42 posts and no dev reply. i miss jeremy and 5 for friday
That do not mean, they do not read it :)
I agree 5 for Friday would be nice but at least they are there, when we need them.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nostalgia would be heading to your local blacksmith and keeping your fingers crossed hoping he gives back the item you needed repaired.
Repairs by craftspeople could give them +1 to a virtue gain...not sure if it would be nostalgic, but I do gamble with local casino or online poker at times :p