• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Donuts and their origin...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's see how many different answers we get.

Where did donuts in game originate from?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I could swear they were a stealable at one point.... maybe a daily? If I recall.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm, They fell out of a GM's backpack or were lifted from said backpack by a thief.

Everyone knows GMs eat donuts and drink coffee instead of answering pages!!! ROTFL

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wherever they were originally from, they have been heavily duped, so there are millions of them now.

Last edited:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They were originally spawned on LS by a GM during a Birthday event. He spawned 8-9k of them and people were able to remove them from the pile versus just double-clicking and eating them. Since then they have been reproduced via the stacking bugs over the years. They pop up on vendors for 300-500k per, nice deco but not a rare. I have also heard that there has been other events where donuts piles were left out and people could also remove them, so im sure they have been able to be obtained several times since the original event on LS.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They were originally spawned on LS by a GM during a Birthday event. He spawned 8-9k of them and people were able to remove them from the pile versus just double-clicking and eating them. Since then they have been reproduced via the stacking bugs over the years. They pop up on vendors for 300-500k per, nice deco but not a rare.

Are you trying to say these were exclusive to LS? Because these have been a part of other shards long before transfer tokens existed.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are you trying to say these were exclusive to LS? Because these have been a part of other shards long before transfer tokens existed.
Not exclusive no, but it was one of the origins of them. I did mention that I have heard they were available via other means also do not know why you just quoted half my post. I posted what i knew as I was at the event on LS (2000ish)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Ah, it was LS I was thinking of over in the rares forum. According to Bloodtile, at least one of the Japanese shards also had donuts floating around, prior to xfers being available.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Donuts and a cup of coffee make a nice deco setting and the statement you've ran out of reasonable things to throw gold at ;) Naturally have the donuts sitting on some sort of rare plate :p

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not exclusive no, but it was one of the origins of them. I did mention that I have heard they were available via other means also do not know why you just quoted half my post. I posted what i knew as I was at the event on LS (2000ish)

I tapped the reply button and typed, I didn't edit any part of your quote. But that last sentence wasn't there when I first replied either.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. I was there. They did indeed start at a party on LS.
I'm going to disagree that they "started" there. I have no doubt that a good majority came from there, but I also believe these were on more than 1 shard before shard transfers came to be.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I was a supervisor in the public works department which also maintained all the cities vehicles. That included cop cars. A rather well respected officer brought in his car with a bit of front end damage. Story turned out he was eating a jelly doughnut. Some jelly spilled on his shirt. While attempting to wipe it off he lost control of the car and slid into a pole. Naturally that was hilarious. In the back of my head I always wondered if he made up this excellent story to cover up what really happened cause everyone immediately loved the doughnut story.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[QUOTE="In the back of my head I always wondered if he made up this excellent story to cover up what really happened cause everyone immediately loved the doughnut story."[/QUOTE]

You'd be amazed at how well that actually works :rolleyes: