• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about moving shards, is it possible to move 7 accts?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am seriously looking to leave my home shard. I have two Luna square houses, four castles, and a old keep that has a UO Historical Society banner in front. I'd love to at least get a Luna and a castle on my future shard? Is it possible how much will it cost me to purchase housing on a new shard. I won't post publicly my reasons for wanting to move, PM me I'll be happy to tell you. I do want to state for the record it has nothing to do with VvV stuff. If it is too cost prohibitive then I'll just give everything away and close accounts.

Any advice and help is appreciated.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well if all 7 accounts have 7 developed characters and you want them all to join you on your new shard... well if you buy tokens from Origin... 7(accounts) x 7(characters) x $19.99 = $979.51

So probably not feasible to go that route.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if all 7 accounts have 7 developed characters and you want them all to join you on your new shard... well if you buy tokens from Origin... 7(accounts) x 7(characters) x $19.99 = $979.51

So probably not feasible to go that route.
Only 4 accounts have fully developed chars. The other three have newbies I activated those accts for extra housing.
I'm really wondering if it is cost prohibitive. I can claim a shard transfer shield on at least one acct maybe two.
Maybe its time for me and sis to hang it up after 14 years playing UO. I am just really, physically sick over this,
and like I said I would rather not air it publicly. I am still happy to discuss privately, shoot me a PM.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only 4 accounts have fully developed chars. The other three have newbies I activated those accts for extra housing.
I'm really wondering if it is cost prohibitive. I can claim a shard transfer shield on at least one acct maybe two.
Maybe its time for me and sis to hang it up after 14 years playing UO. I am just really, physically sick over this,
and like I said I would rather not air it publicly. I am still happy to discuss privately, shoot me a PM.
Keep posting, you know you're dying to air it publicly :)

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Use the gold from the sale of your homes to buy transfer tokens.

Unless you're on a completely dead shard and houses aren't worth anything.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Even on the deadest shards Trammel castles and Luna houses are the least available things to get. It's not how much gold you have, people just won't give them up. I moved 3 accounts to Legends from GLs. I made all new characters which doesn't really take as long as you'd think. It's kinda fun being a noob again. I only brought my really good stuff with me and my banks on Great Lakes are packed with stuff. In my year or so I've been on Legends I've seen Trammel castles available from time to time and even Luna houses, but you have to be patient. It might be a few weeks or even months. A fel castle would probably be fairly easy to get. On legends there's like 3 people/guilds that seem to be in competition to own all of Luna lol. They've pretty much destroyed that ever being a vendor hub again. But with vendor search the "must have a Luna spot" days are over. I don't even bank in Luna anymore on Legends. There's just not much reason to go there. But getting a great castle spot or Luna house isn't going to be a walk in the park on any shard worth playing. But it's doable if you can wait it out.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am seriously looking to leave my home shard. I have two Luna square houses, four castles, and a old keep that has a UO Historical Society banner in front. I'd love to at least get a Luna and a castle on my future shard? Is it possible how much will it cost me to purchase housing on a new shard. I won't post publicly my reasons for wanting to move, PM me I'll be happy to tell you. I do want to state for the record it has nothing to do with VvV stuff. If it is too cost prohibitive then I'll just give everything away and close accounts.

Great Lakes has a Luna house and a couple castles for sale.

He was asking 1 billion for the Luna house or the cost equivalence.

I didn't inquire @AtlanticRealtor about the castles(s).

I wouldn't transfer everything, just a char or two to test the waters.

I have plenty of stuff to help you get started if you want to try Great Lakes.

Medallia

Adventurer

Just remember, and I take this out of experience most recently...the castles and housing are more expensive and you cant bring your castle(s) so how much are you willing to spend and I hope you have deep pockets. I don't regret the move by all means, and with time things are progressing =) So there is hope but prices are insane hehe

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fer cryin out loud, dont move all of the accounts and chars. If I were to do it (again) this time I would do it right, the easy way.

Plan on xferring a couple of chars, maybe three to keep the costs down.
Soulstone (frags) the primary skills, i.e.- ARchery, Healing, Magery Necro Throwing etc....the complementary skills (anat, eval, etc) will gain thru normal play, and to me seem to be easier than training the primaries.
I would transfer the mages I play-just to avoid having to pay for those ridiculously priced mage 120s.
Remember, you can take 5 packies of stuff, plus your pack, plus your bank. So with just two or three tokens you can move all your preferred armors, weaps, etc etc.
Of course, new chars on new shard will have to have stats worked up, but it isnt that bad =) And let the chars you arent moving bank everything else on the old shard till you get enough gold to come back for it.

or, you could ignore people who like to poke you and anger you, and just play at home =)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
some of the asian shards have open spots in luna and spaces for castle placement.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Napa is a nice place :) still can place keeps too. I would also suggest taking skills via soulstone. That way you dont have to transfer each character individually.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Some folks brought up a good point. I transferred one account over. Which was one guy with a ton of stuff. Then like 5 months later I did pretty much the same with another account. I just recently brought over the last one a few weeks ago. So it took me over a year to move the 3 accounts over. Plus I was sure I'd like my new home. It was mostly banking everything and taking down the houses on my original shard. Some of my stuff was just too cool to leave behind in the bank and that's what took my transfer tokens. I used maybe 3 or 4 tokens to do my transfers over the period of a year. I took probably 200 million over to Atlantic and bought pinks for the hard or annoying skills to finish them off. Some of those skills I've done 3 or 4 times and it got old doing them again lol. That gold isn't that hard to come up with especially if your selling some nice castles and such.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I have another question related to moving. I keep reading you can''t transfer vet rewards? Is this true?
we have a number of vet reward including my sister's collection of vet reward statuettes, if she can't move em I promise she ain't budging. LOL
Also is it safe to transfer really old items like my old fruitcake and spam?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure about ALL vet rewards, but my ethereals go with me everytime I go shopping ;)

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You quit a lot... And make these posts a lot...

If I had a recommendation about your move it'd be to keep quiet in the global chats until you make a few friends or unless you're helping someone and are absolutely sure your help is correct completely. I just sense this would be good advice for you and it's been great advice for myself.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking from experience, there is another option. Take a hiatus and keep accounts active. Chances are, by the time you test the waters, this dilemma could become not so important as it feels now . I learned ,never do anything in the heat of the moment .If you care to discuss further pm me.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
If only we had a cross server moongate! Think of the possibilities. Live on one shard, trade on Atlantic, go to an event on Europe. Everyone would have more housing options, more trade, more pvp..more interaction and roleplay.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If only we had a cross server moongate! Think of the possibilities. Live on one shard, trade on Atlantic, go to an event on Europe. Everyone would have more housing options, more trade, more pvp..more interaction and roleplay.
Woould be nice! But they aren't gonna give up the $$ from token sales

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okay I have another question related to moving. I keep reading you can''t transfer vet rewards? Is this true?
we have a number of vet reward including my sister's collection of vet reward statuettes, if she can't move em I promise she ain't budging. LOL
Also is it safe to transfer really old items like my old fruitcake and spam?
you can transfer every vet reward.
i cant think of one that i havnt moved.....
ive never even heard of anyone saying you cant move a vet reward.

speaking as a fella that has 21 fully developed toons on every shard in the game if i where you id go make a couple mages.
one per shard on your top 3-4 shards.
making a necro mage takes like 2 days.
hell, ill make ya a suit on whatever shard you want to go to.
make your mage, go play, see what the shard is like.

no need to pull the pin and sell everything and move just because your having a bad day.
keep in mind that there are loud mouths on every shard in game.
so if your running from one chances are there is one just as bad on every shard.
hell, in this day and age the fella your running from probably plays on 4 other shards already!

when i decided i wanted to play on more then just sonoma i went and made a mage on every shard.
that way as i was making the mage i got to see how the shard was.
then i started adding on to that.
mule so i could make and repair anything i needed.
tamer for farming.
ect ect ect.

soon i realized i didnt need to sell any houses and move, i just picked up shard shields and moved stuff around as i needed it.
now i still have all my Castles on Sonoma and i just fire off care packages to other shards if i am in need.
saved me a lot of gold/money and saved me packing up all my houses.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can transfer every vet reward.
i cant think of one that i havnt moved.....
ive never even heard of anyone saying you cant move a vet reward.

speaking as a fella that has 21 fully developed toons on every shard in the game if i where you id go make a couple mages.
one per shard on your top 3-4 shards.
making a necro mage takes like 2 days.
hell, ill make ya a suit on whatever shard you want to go to.
make your mage, go play, see what the shard is like.

no need to pull the pin and sell everything and move just because your having a bad day.
keep in mind that there are loud mouths on every shard in game.
so if your running from one chances are there is one just as bad on every shard.
hell, in this day and age the fella your running from probably plays on 4 other shards already!

when i decided i wanted to play on more then just sonoma i went and made a mage on every shard.
that way as i was making the mage i got to see how the shard was.
then i started adding on to that.
mule so i could make and repair anything i needed.
tamer for farming.
ect ect ect.

soon i realized i didnt need to sell any houses and move, i just picked up shard shields and moved stuff around as i needed it.
now i still have all my Castles on Sonoma and i just fire off care packages to other shards if i am in need.
saved me a lot of gold/money and saved me packing up all my houses.
Thank you, Poo. :grouphug::hug: This might be the best idea yet. Its neither a player nor a guild. I can't say more than that.

As for the vet rewards information I found it on the UO webpage. Apparently they need to update the info, lol.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You quit a lot... And make these posts a lot...

If I had a recommendation about your move it'd be to keep quiet in the global chats until you make a few friends or unless you're helping someone and are absolutely sure your help is correct completely. I just sense this would be good advice for you and it's been great advice for myself.
I'm not quitting, unless there is no other choice, and as one of my Professor's said there's always another choice.

As for global chats I chat with folks, use ignore as needed and don't get bent.

Trolls are everywhere even in the real world. LMAO I had a student threaten to report me to the disciplinary board for "hate speech" because another student and I were discussing wiring in speakers. I said make sure you have t-strippers and dikes. I was referencing diagonal cutters. I don't use hate speech and I have friends that are LGBT. Apparently in the "politically correct" world you have to say diagonal cutters and water retention wall.

Keep Calm, And Carry On. It's good advice

Its not a player or guild issue. It's just complicated.

I'm going to plan, scout and decide what shard I'd like to play. I am not rushing into anything.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Jirel... Most of the Shards are all really the same. If you have seven accounts, move to seven different shards. Eight if you include all the free housing in Siege. You could be yer own village there.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have to agree with Poo. I've moved etherals, cannons, lighthouses, statues, dye tubs, etc etc. Never a problem.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran

Toss some stuff or accounts my way.
=) TYVMCA

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get some soulstones/fragments..and pack up the chars u need..
Move the skills to the new shard.. unpack, play be happy.

I really doubt that you use all your chars anyway.
I once had 3 accounts.
Then i had 2 accounts.
And now i have 1 account and 40 full soulstones, and is quite happy :)
I can make any template i want more or less.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some years ago I was having a rough time on my home shard.
I started 3 new characters elsewhere with names that no one linked to 'Petra Fyde'. They 'lived' in Jhelom inn and had a couple of boats parked permanently behind Jhelom bank. I played and built those chars over around 9 - 12 months until eventually the situation back on my home shard settled down. Then I docked the boats, distributed the stuff in them between my chars and the beetles they were sitting on and returned home.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And sometimes it works out for the better =). Years ago when AoS released, most everyone I knew left the game shortly after. A few of the peeps I knew said "Let's move to Legends!" So we did. They went back, I stayed (I accuse em of taking me snipe hunting, so to speak) and the rest is history. *shrugs*

I reckon it's what you make of it, in the long run.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't imagine getting pushed off a shard. The harder I'm pushed the deeper my heels dig in. I confident I can out annoy anyone trying to annoy me lol
Oh no, wasnt pushed, that was all tongue in cheeck, really. I opted to stay on Legends. My country butt was awed by the place, imagine coming from Atlantic in the (near) heyday, and in the first hour on the new shard placing keep tower and 18x18 :p

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Legends is the most friendly shard i have ever played on, the community is great and our EM is fantastic. ive played every shard "xcept Seige" ive even played asian shards. doing idocs takes me all over the place. if you cant hack it on Legends as nice as the people are there then hun id say its something on your end. they welcomed me with open arms and im one of those bone picking buzzards everyone likes to rag on....

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want lots of people - you have only about 4 options. If you want quality people and a challenge - exshard some and start over on Siege!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did as Petra did once.... though I didn't do boats. I just started a new character... RPed believe it or not on Legends... found I had a great time all night long. So I opted to stay there a few months. Then when the drama died down at home I went back.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh no, wasnt pushed, that was all tongue in cheeck, really. I opted to stay on Legends. My country butt was awed by the place, imagine coming from Atlantic in the (near) heyday, and in the first hour on the new shard placing keep tower and 18x18 :p
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the op.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its neither a player nor a guild. I can't say more than that.
This right here is what probably has most people confused the most. If it is not a player based problem then the Devs/GMs should be able to find a way to fix whatever you think is broken or explain it to you why it is not broken. Moving to another shard to me would be the last resort and honestly I would find it %99.99999999999999 impossible to move from Baja as it has been my home for 18 years. I have chars on other shards that I play just for a change of pace now and then. Go develope other chars on other shards and give your home shard a little rest. You appear to be oh lets say very upset and honestly this is not the proper time for you to be making such a rash decision.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i still have all my Castles on Sonoma and i just fire off care packages to other shards if i am in need.
I do this also..... well minus the castles on Sonoma part.
Someday i'll find a spot to place one on Sonoma!

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thinking off the top of my head, it must be some real drama if you are wanting to completely move shards, but think again how easy it would be for other people to show up on the new one once they find out. If that is the reason.

Why don't you just name change your characters and start a new role over again? same house, same toons, no lose in moving just change the name.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cost of housing varies WILDLY between all the shards. On some you can find open locations for the houses you want and on others you are looking at billions in gold.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Transfer tokens in game run 40-50m each. Transfer a few of your favorite chars, with soulstoned skills from the others and remake them on the shard of your choice. You may have to rebuy powerscrolls, but that would be the cheapest method.

With a full transfer token, you can take 5 packies along with backpack and standard bank storage. Sell everything you can easily rebuy and transfer the rest. Your only hiccup will be your choice in real estate at your destination.