• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poopy-headed PvP or so you can kill me invisibile now?!?!?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I'm doing VvV, which normally I have a total blast doing. However this one guild
was running numbers..nothing new there. They had a Dood who was killing WHILE HE WAS INVISIBLE! The first time he killed me, he hit me like 3 times and NEVER revealed. Then the no skillz NOOB camped the healer's building and rez-killed me. OOOO That take soooo much skill....NOT! Nailed me 3 more time NEVER revealed. Oh and the final insult the guy laughs at me on Gen-Chat. Meh I blocked him and went did something else. Okay this sucks because how does someone find this Noob without mage skill? Seriously feeling like they're trying to turn us into Ultima Mages Online!!! Seriously when did they put this in, and why?

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If they cast before you went invis, whatever was sent your way will likely still hit you. Works that way in PVM too.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they cast before you went invis, whatever was sent your way will likely still hit you. Works that way in PVM too.
No this guy was walking around invisible and killing. He never revealed. He came out of hiding/in-vis when the city seige ended.

He was using a bow or crossbow. How can you hit someone repeatedly and not once reveal yourself? Do you get what I'm saying?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know there really might be something to this. Normally she's just complaining but, last night I was fighting and after being footed I was invised. Now I've fought enough to know an explosion or even a magic arrow can reveal you. While hidden I attempted to remount and was hit with two flamestrikes that killed me. I chalked it up to oh I must of been reveled. I do remember saying dude wtf I'm pretty sure I was hidden. Went and got ressed and kept fighting. Even so I'm almost positive I was hidden. Long story short..maybe there's some new bug or glitch. Wouldn't be extremely surprising tbh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You sure you werent falling victim to Shadow Strike (was right the first time before I edited it the 2nd time lol) ?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You sure you werent falling victim to Shadow Strike (was right the first time before I edited it the 2nd time lol) ?
I thought this also but I couldn't remember if you revealed after shadowstrike

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No this guy was walking around invisible and killing. He never revealed. He came out of hiding/in-vis when the city seige ended.

He was using a bow or crossbow. How can you hit someone repeatedly and not once reveal yourself? Do you get what I'm saying?
I did not read the whole thread, but if said person was using a bow, they weren't shadow-striking. often times you can shoot an arrow (especially on a res kill, or last hit on someone) and hide again, if you do it fast enough the other player will not see you or your name even pop up, but most of the time it'll say "_____ is attacking you", and their name would appear in your journal.

What was really happening is the archer was shooting you and hiding, max range bows are 10 you only need to be 9 or more tiles from your target to hide even if you're flagged and in line of sight. There's roughly 8-10-ish second cool-downs on hiding though.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not read the whole thread, but if said person was using a bow, they weren't shadow-striking. often times you can shoot an arrow (especially on a res kill, or last hit on someone) and hide again, if you do it fast enough the other player will not see you or your name even pop up, but most of the time it'll say "_____ is attacking you", and their name would appear in your journal.

What was really happening is the archer was shooting you and hiding, max range bows are 10 you only need to be 9 or more tiles from your target to hide even if you're flagged and in line of sight. There's roughly 8-10-ish second cool-downs on hiding though.
I saw where it said blah-blah-blah is attacking you. I couldn't see or find him. Even as a ghost. nothing. That's what was aggravating I can't attack what I can't see or find.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you hide, then move to initiate Stealth, it sets the cooldown to 4 seconds. You can hide again within 4 seconds after initiating Stealth.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doesn't classic client show less area around you then enhanced? perhaps they are just off your screen?

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
If Im reading this correctly, sounds like you were hit by someone who was

a) shooting and then hiding at a real quick rate

b) using a macro to apply invis jewels really quickly after hitting you

c) taking advantage of a line of sight bug and swinging/casting through walls/building corners, much like you've been able to do in the SL base, Despise, and other random places for YEARS and yet aren't fixed because the devs clearly don't pvp.

...la

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If Im reading this correctly, sounds like you were hit by someone who was

a) shooting and then hiding at a real quick rate

b) using a macro to apply invis jewels really quickly after hitting you

c) taking advantage of a line of sight bug and swinging/casting through walls/building corners, much like you've been able to do in the SL base, Despise, and other random places for YEARS and yet aren't fixed because the devs clearly don't pvp.

...la
rico is that you? ...la

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a bug i discovered the other day when i was testing damage across two chars. It then happened when i fought someone else and killed them a few days back. Somehow some characters are appearing invisible to certain clients until their character gets a location check ie teleports or recalls. I was able to walk around cast and even attack my other char without being able to see it on the other client window, yet he was visible to a 3rd party whomi got along to witness.

You are not alone in this i 100% had the same thing. It even happened to a player i killed as he was a mage who had no stealth or hiding. Saw him loot his corpse and his typeing/spell words were appearing in the bottom left of my screen until he teleported.