• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you get the crates back for fishmonger quest?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had a ship decay on me a while back and I had been doing the fishmonger quests. Is there a way to get the crates back so I can finish them or will I have to suck it up, lose the rep, and drop the quests? I currently have 2 quests open. :sad2:

@Kyronix hoping you can answer this if no one else can.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ah it sucks. I lost ships before from no fault of my own. had many crates/quests. the runes to the boat would become blank and not work. whether in runebook, bank or locked down. I would page gm and they would find my boat and I would remark runes. a week or 2 later they would go blank again. after a few weeks/months of this, the gm finally failed to show up and I lost my boat with quests/crates.
the devs solution was to make u pick/buy a vet reward, lighthouse. I stopped doing the quests, a lot using scripts now to do. no comment, of coarse I refresh ships, it was the runes going blank.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ah it sucks. I lost ships before from no fault of my own. had many crates/quests. the runes to the boat would become blank and not work. whether in runebook, bank or locked down. I would page gm and they would find my boat and I would remark runes. a week or 2 later they would go blank again. after a few weeks/months of this, the gm finally failed to show up and I lost my boat with quests/crates.
the devs solution was to make u pick/buy a vet reward, lighthouse. I stopped doing the quests, a lot using scripts now to do. no comment
Ships have to be refreshed at least once a week... I generally don't leave them in the water more than a day...

What SUCKS is not being able to NOT get another quest and having to just "quit" and being forced to lose loyalty... since you can't NOT take another quest. at any rate you have to go near land and refresh the ship by using the mooring lines at least once a week. The new ships are nice and all but still require refreshing. They aren't like houses and they don't just stick about forever so long as you are paid. The lighthouses stink as well and honestly I've never had any luck with it.

Also since folk need to be able to GET the quests you can't leave your ship near docks or the fishmart..... otherwise it gets moved. Seems to me that leaving it near either of the serpent pillars is also a no-no.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ships have to be refreshed at least once a week... I generally don't leave them in the water more than a day...

What SUCKS is not being able to NOT get another quest and having to just "quit" and being forced to lose loyalty... since you can't NOT take another quest. at any rate you have to go near land and refresh the ship by using the mooring lines at least once a week. The new ships are nice and all but still require refreshing. They aren't like houses and they don't just stick about forever so long as you are paid. The lighthouses stink as well and honestly I've never had any luck with it.

Also since folk need to be able to GET the quests you can't leave your ship near docks or the fishmart..... otherwise it gets moved. Seems to me that leaving it near either of the serpent pillars is also a no-no.
You don't need to go to land to do that, just recalling to the ship and double clicking the pilot refreshes the ship.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will have to suck it up and drop the quests. The rep hit isn't all that bad and is recovered rather quickly.
I dispute that statement, I lost mine and it took over 300 quests to get back to 6 line, all 20 quantity orders. I keep records, not just estimation also.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't need to go to land to do that, just recalling to the ship and double clicking the pilot refreshes the ship.
You would think wouldn't you? But I lost a few ships. Haven't cared much for fishing since my friend died though... just reminds me of him.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Double clicking the mooring lines while at sea will tell you that there is no where for you to go to shore but it will also say that you have refreshed your ship. I dropped the 2 quests and took a good hit on the quests I was getting. I am now keeping track of the quests and the rewards to see how long it does take me lol. Thanks for the help. :)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parnoc I don't remember it being that bad but its been quite some time ago. Perhaps I just fish too much. I did not keep records however so I certainly wouldn't argue with your documentation.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Haven't cared much for fishing since my friend died though... just reminds me of him.
I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes doing something that hurts can also open up good memories and become something positive again. Someone close to me loved Christmas, especially the old Christmas music, and it was painful the first couple of Christmas' but then I found that more and more it made me think of her and the good times we shared and now it is my favorite part even though I don't think I like the music anywhere near as much as she did.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parnoc I don't remember it being that bad but its been quite some time ago. Perhaps I just fish too much. I did not keep records however so I certainly wouldn't argue with your documentation.
I have heard, and I hope it's true for all our sakes, that it is not as long now as when it happened to me. Some folks have said it's not that bad so we'll hope for the best. Mine happened a long time ago when we had the bug with the ships disappearing and I have been super careful never to repeat it. Ships are refreshed religiously now, I even was so moved that now I refresh all our small guilds ships (18 of them) twice a week to keep that from happening not only to me but to my guildmate fishers too.