• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Poll: Would you like to see Refinements stack?

Would you like to see refinements stackable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay after swearing at several chests full of these, i wondered if anyone else would like to see these stackable?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I shoulda said yes...just to help everyone else out. I would like to see a lot of things stackable...
And on the wish list, make BODs a turnin point system where you turn in all your bods and then use the points to get a particular hammer, or PoF, or whatever. That would make every bod worth doing. Right now, I really dont see much use in doing very many of the tailor bods. And only care to do the few smithy ones that reward PoF. Point system would really even things out.
Make BoD books work locked down, like the scroll books do.
Make all that **** that I transferred back from Atlantic stack with like items that were already here!!!
Fix the sewing machines to operate correctly, and the lathe to recognize all the carpentry items.
What the hell, might as well make refinements stackable too :D

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Either stackable, or having a special container that would sort them more easily.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason they are unstackable is completely asinine, but then the whole system is an overthought mess of needless, tedious complexity.
Yessir. Possibly the worst implementation of a system in the history of UO. Took what should have been a simple, useful way to tweak your armor and bloated it out to a 200+ unstackable item mess. I really have no clue what they were thinking when they came up with that, or how whoever is in charge took a look at the design and said: "Yes, this is good. Let's do this." Then the whole amalgamater nonsense, forcing players to pay clean up points to make the system a LITTLE more functional. That's just terrible.

Even if the items WERE stackable it would still require almost 2 full containers to hold each of the different possible types. Completely dumb.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yessir. Possibly the worst implementation of a system in the history of UO. Took what should have been a simple, useful way to tweak your armor and bloated it out to a 200+ unstackable item mess. I really have no clue what they were thinking when they came up with that, or how whoever is in charge took a look at the design and said: "Yes, this is good. Let's do this." Then the whole amalgamater nonsense, forcing players to pay clean up points to make the system a LITTLE more functional. That's just terrible.

Even if the items WERE stackable it would still require almost 2 full containers to hold each of the different possible types. Completely dumb.
Couldn't agree more. Not worth the space to keep, not worth the points for trash pretty much just don't pick the crap up so I don't have to deal with throwing it away.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
refinements are fine the way they are except that they do not stack. this has been brought up a few times in other post. waiting for this to happen lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Refinements are a very nice idea that suffered from over designing.
They can be very useful, but there is no reason to be so many types of them for us to hunt down in order to build our suits. And there is no effing reason for the high tier ones to have a random component either.
I mean... why is there a need to be a studded leather refinement and samurai studded leather refinement? Both are effing studded leather!

Also, stacking them would be nice and dandy, but I'd rather get a simplification of the system that would cut out the random part and reduce the number of refinements by a big margin.