• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT (DEV / Stratics pls support)

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT

Time: sometime JAN 2016
Shard: Atlantic, next up Sakura
Frequency: JAN (ATL) / MAR (SKR) / APR (ATL) / MAY (SKR) / JUN (ATL) FY2016
Prize Money: up to 2B worth of gold or items by your Intergalactic Finance Minister; more if almighty @Mesanna @SoulWeaver @others blesses the event

1st TOURNAMENT [we tweak & refine accordingly after this one]
1. Mage vs. Mage - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
2. Dexer vs. Dexer - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
3. 2 vs. 2 - any class mix, all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 600m, 2nd prize 300m, 3rd prize 100m

We (not me!!!!) shall make 3 fight rings such that fights can be conducted concurrently to save time! OK? Do this in Tram or Fel - we should welcome carebears to spectate!

So i need a coordinator, and i'm upping fees for this tourney coordinator to 200m basic pay plus 300m bonus on all KPIs met. Voted by participants if bonus should be applied. Popular vote.

Pls contact me @ 999 12 701. This is your Intergalactic Finance Minister speaking. TYVM!

Last edited:

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
My email to Mesanna.

Almighty goddess of UO, we love you and adore you.

Please see link below on my commitments to the UO community, especially the less fortunate pvpers who need constantly be incentivized.

1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT (Stratics admins please support)

May I seek your support and blessings please? If you could support by sponsoring an item or two, nothing fancy but title sashes or cloaks that rewards PvP skill. It'll be wonderful!

I wana make this totally sustainable and am willing to put in more personal resources because I love UO.

Would the goddess answer my prayers and bless us in return?

Thank you.

sent from my iPhone

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
PVP TOURNEY COORDINATOR - HIRING!!!!

Job Description:
* post fiction / rules / date & times / prize money & rewards / register teams
* host event, whip people in line, enforce rules, judgement, run the actual tourney

200M paid job! Retainer every month! i.e. you earn 200m x 12months. Tourney will only run every two months for now. Hence, alternating months of design / run / redesign / run / hoot hoot (beats EMs decoing santa homes im sure! i logged in today in formosa, saw a blue leet moongate, it sent me to ice lands santa home, santa wasnt home. wtf? EM thinks we tourists up for photoshoot?)

ICQ me @ 999 12 701 and i'll reference check ya with the Captain.
Working for the Intergalactic Finance Minister will carry unforeseeable perks too =) =) ^^

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Just a thought*

To make it more fair and skill based instead of equipment based. You should make basic imbued suits up for everyone who enters. Like for mages do all 70s resists, with 7 lmc, 17 lrc, 1mr, 7 mi. v.. dexxers maybe do 70s resists 7 stam, 7 mi, 7lmc, and something else for last imbue slot. ery very cheap to make since u dont u need to pof up

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having put on a PvP tournament cup on GL, consisting of 4 tournaments spread out over the year, for two years in a row now, I'd suggest not having "class" based competitions. It sounds good on paper, but I've found that mage participation is incredibly low. Mixed archer-dexers tend to fare the best, with a weird wraith form template usually dominating.

Running in multiple arenas at once may seem like it would save time, especially if you run a double-elimination bracket (which is the only way to build drama), but will be a logistical nightmare and fracture/confuse your audience. Going to a Fel arena isn't a problem since they're both in a guardzone, but getting the audience over their ingrained fear of the facet can be difficult. You also run the risk of making it easier for griefers to throw monkey wrenches at you.

Lastly, not to completely rain on the idea, but its highly unlikely that Mesanna would create items for the winner(s) as this would go against what she has said in the past. You can, however, get inscribed statues locked down somewhere by PEC Wraith, such as in the trophy room on the west side of the second floor of Castle Blackthorn. Wraith-created moongates are also a must.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Having put on a PvP tournament cup on GL, consisting of 4 tournaments spread out over the year, for two years in a row now, I'd suggest not having "class" based competitions. It sounds good on paper, but I've found that mage participation is incredibly low. Mixed archer-dexers tend to fare the best, with a weird wraith form template usually dominating.

Running in multiple arenas at once may seem like it would save time, especially if you run a double-elimination bracket (which is the only way to build drama), but will be a logistical nightmare and fracture/confuse your audience. Going to a Fel arena isn't a problem since they're both in a guardzone, but getting the audience over their ingrained fear of the facet can be difficult. You also run the risk of making it easier for griefers to throw monkey wrenches at you.

Lastly, not to completely rain on the idea, but its highly unlikely that Mesanna would create items for the winner(s) as this would go against what she has said in the past. You can, however, get inscribed statues locked down somewhere by PEC Wraith, such as in the trophy room on the west side of the second floor of Castle Blackthorn. Wraith-created moongates are also a must.
What's your ICQ

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wtf is wrong with carebears?
The word "carebears" has long been used as an insult, and derogatory term in UO. So, you saying that "we should welcome carebears to spectate" is suggesting the "carebears" would be unable to pvp therefore have to watch instead of being a part of the contest, and you are basically insulting all non-pvpers by using the term at all.

Since by far the majority of the game are "carebears" by pvp'ers standards that is what Capt. Lucky meant by you just insulted 95% of potential supporters lol.

I'm not offended or anything, just explaining it.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
The word "carebears" has long been used as an insult, and derogatory term in UO. So, you saying that "we should welcome carebears to spectate" is suggesting the "carebears" would be unable to pvp therefore have to watch instead of being a part of the contest, and you are basically insulting all non-pvpers by using the term at all.

Since by far the majority of the game are "carebears" by pvp'ers standards that is what Capt. Lucky meant by you just insulted 95% of potential supporters lol.

I'm not offended or anything, just explaining it.
LoL. 95% don't pvp, so they re welcomed to catch as carebears. And carebears are lovely creatures who have lots of love and heart. That's a compliment! LOL.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds fun, but for the mage v mage (1v1's), perhaps it'd be better to not allow pots? That could lead to all sorts of ridiculousness with conflags, supernovas, etc. While it would be amusing to watch, I don't think there's any place for them in duels.

Also, is there an entry fee, and if so, what would it be?

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Sounds fun, but for the mage v mage (1v1's), perhaps it'd be better to not allow pots? That could lead to all sorts of ridiculousness with conflags, supernovas, etc. While it would be amusing to watch, I don't think there's any place for them in duels.

Also, is there an entry fee, and if so, what would it be?
No entry fee. God suits allowed. Why shouldn't we allow our painstakingly built suits? I'm using on myself lol!!! You owe is still part gear part skill or more skill IMO.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I need a coordinator to execute the tourney now. Anyone or anyones who's willing to earn the 500m fees?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
LoL. 95% don't pvp, so they re welcomed to catch as carebears. And carebears are lovely creatures who have lots of love and heart. That's a compliment! LOL.
Well since it's a compliment I apologize. I'd love to see your ganker competition. Us carebears loving refer to PvPers as gankers. So will there be timed events to see how long it takes 3 reds to kill a miner? Or might I suggest opening a moongate where someone walks out and see how long it takes 5 hidden gankers to kill the gate traveler? Been pretty much my PvP experience. Judging by how well you handled the opening invitation I wouldn't expect a big crowd lol. I think one arena will be plenty.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Well since it's a compliment I apologize. I'd love to see your ganker competition. Us carebears loving refer to PvPers as gankers. So will there be timed events to see how long it takes 3 reds to kill a miner? Or might I suggest opening a moongate where someone walks out and see how long it takes 5 hidden gankers to kill the gate traveler? Been pretty much my PvP experience. Judging by how well you handled the opening invitation I wouldn't expect a big crowd lol. I think one arena will be plenty.
Lol nothing to apologize for man. We express opinions. None taken at all, lol.

Wtf was an expression which is equivalent to an exclamation mark only lol.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
We can accommodate. Carebears can volunteer scenarios of how they wish to die, then we execute. If the real pvpers can't be bothered, I'd gladly oblige.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage duels lost all value as soon as it became WOW suit reliant over skill reliant..however I'd probably still join in for fun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This would be kids cool. I am by far a "trammie", "carebear" noob. I would def try and put a pvp character together. I have no fear of felluca I visit it regularly, I just know that when I see a red dude or "dudette", I will be in ghost form. I laugh it off go get erased and continue what I was doing. I think player run events are pretty awesome weather it's Nerva tossing nets or @JDGTR setting up tournament. These are the things that keeps uo viable for such a long time. When would this begin?

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S CHALLENGE CUP - PvP TOURNAMENT

Time: sometime JAN 2016
Shard: Atlantic, next up Sakura
Frequency: JAN (ATL) / MAR (SKR) / APR (ATL) / MAY (SKR) / JUN (ATL) FY2016
Prize Money: up to 2B worth of gold or items by your Intergalactic Finance Minister; more if almighty @Mesanna @SoulWeaver @others blesses the event

1st TOURNAMENT [we tweak & refine accordingly after this one]
1. Mage vs. Mage - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
2. Dexer vs. Dexer - all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 300m, 2nd prize 150m, 3rd prize 50m
3. 2 vs. 2 - any class mix, all skills, all pots, no pet, all goes, arena style - 1st prize 600m, 2nd prize 300m, 3rd prize 100m

We (not me!!!!) shall make 3 fight rings such that fights can be conducted concurrently to save time! OK? Do this in Tram or Fel - we should welcome carebears to spectate!

So i need a coordinator, and i'm upping fees for this tourney coordinator to 200m basic pay plus 300m bonus on all KPIs met. Voted by participants if bonus should be applied. Popular vote.

Pls contact me @ 999 12 701. This is your Intergalactic Finance Minister speaking. TYVM!
If I'm a Care Bear then I Grumpy Bear. And that's all I have to say about that :D

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
This would be kids cool. I am by far a "trammie", "carebear" noob. I would def try and put a pvp character together. I have no fear of felluca I visit it regularly, I just know that when I see a red dude or "dudette", I will be in ghost form. I laugh it off go get erased and continue what I was doing. I think player run events are pretty awesome weather it's Nerva tossing nets or @JDGTR setting up tournament. These are the things that keeps uo viable for such a long time. When would this begin?
Once I have a coordinator, we shall plan and announce details.

Def in JAN, most prob a Friday or Sat night time or Sunday afternoon ATL TIME.

I hope to see you participating! In whichever way it's fun for you!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Really, carebears pls join! I'm sure fel peeps will be more than happy. If they not, they're free to go. Who cares, right? Don't worry, if any fels cross the line, coordinator can ban them from participation and they can only rant by sidewalk. So bears you're protected! We'd hope winners & losers do it in style, and in gentlemanly fashion as much as possible though not highly possible.

Even if you lived 5 sec - 10 sec, it's still an awesome, adrenaline rushed experience!!!!

And it's free! We can maybe even end off the event to see how many bears could be killed by winners within say a minute or two. Crazy carebear themes!!! You suggest!!!

It's for jest and fun!! Pls don't be insulted in anyway, if you are, you're too emo, and I don't care.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
What's best starter character for such an endeavor? Mage,archer or some hybrid?
Anything under the sun. If u wana be competitive, think some sick temps.

If you just wana have fun, enroll your baker or thief or fisherman into the tourney and just get burned while stealing people's pots.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Have you thought to put this into the calendar? A lot of ppl don't really come into UHall..
And probably not a bad idea to share the knowledge on other forums - particularly if you wanna hit up for the Asian shards. You wanna send a direct message to the EM of the shard as your best bet - or even the Player Event Coordinator (Player Event Coordinator – Ultima Online) who will help you out.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Have you thought to put this into the calendar? A lot of ppl don't really come into UHall..
And probably not a bad idea to share the knowledge on other forums - particularly if you wanna hit up for the Asian shards. You wanna send a direct message to the EM of the shard as your best bet - or even the Player Event Coordinator (Player Event Coordinator – Ultima Online) who will help you out.
First tourney is on ATLANTIC

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, I read that. Can still have it on the calendar for ATL.
A lot of people (particularly Japanese) don't come to UHall... believe me.... I know this.

Just tryin' ta help dude.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I read that. Can still have it on the calendar for ATL.
A lot of people (particularly Japanese) don't come to UHall... believe me.... I know this.

Just tryin' ta help dude.
I duno how that's why I'm hiring a tourney coordinator

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
ITS JAN2016!!!! And our first INTERGALACTIC FINANCE MINISTER'S PVP TOURNEY is on the books!

To make this faaaaabuuuuuloooous event happen, I still need one or two coordinators! Paid of course.

ICQ me to partake as the coordinator; make this huuuugggeeeee, you'll get getting reputation points and lots of contacts through this too!

ICQ 999 12 701 NOW!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you please define this event in concrete terms? Shard? Facet? Location? Rules? Anything?

OH wait!!! you want someone else to literally do this whole thing for you! What exactly are you bringing to the table here?

PVP TOURNEY COORDINATOR - HIRING!!!!

Job Description:
* post fiction / rules / date & times / prize money & rewards / register teams
* host event, whip people in line, enforce rules, judgement, run the actual tourney

200M paid job! Retainer every month! i.e. you earn 200m x 12months. Tourney will only run every two months for now. Hence, alternating months of design / run / redesign / run / hoot hoot (beats EMs decoing santa homes im sure! i logged in today in formosa, saw a blue leet moongate, it sent me to ice lands santa home, santa wasnt home. wtf? EM thinks we tourists up for photoshoot?)

ICQ me @ 999 12 701 and i'll reference check ya with the Captain.
Working for the Intergalactic Finance Minister will carry unforeseeable perks too =) =) ^^

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Can you please define this event in concrete terms? Shard? Facet? Location? Rules? Anything?

OH wait!!! you want someone else to literally do this whole thing for you! What exactly are you bringing to the table here?
READ THE BLOODY POSTS, HELLO?

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have read them. I see no concrete detail or plan, which is why I asked for those things.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I have read them. I see no concrete detail or plan, which is why I asked for those things.
Its mostly conceptualized, rules, facets and all.

I just need a coordinator whose willing to post-market-annouce-coord-register-run the event for me, as i'd be participating....

anyone to recommend? its a 500m paid job

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would need all prize money up front, a clear understanding of the rules as well as a date and time that fits within my schedule. If all of those prerequsites are met, I could possibly host this for you.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I would need all prize money up front, a clear understanding of the rules as well as a date and time that fits within my schedule. If all of those prerequsites are met, I could possibly host this for you.
For you, it's done bro. THANK YOU!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Zuckuss, I'll pull you into an ICQ chat group with @SovietHammer; he has kindly pledged extra 300m for 2v2 tourney!

Let's run through all rulesets together, tie up schedules, and we can announce details.

You have full project control man. The tourney is yours. SALUTE!

I'll be participant lol.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zuckuss, I'll pull you into an ICQ chat group with @SovietHammer; he has kindly pledged extra 300m for 2v2 tourney!

Let's run through all rulesets together, tie up schedules, and we can announce details.

You have full project control man. The tourney is yours. SALUTE!

I'll be participant lol.
I appreciate the vote of confidence and the amazing sales pitch you have just delivered! We still need to discuss it and go over all the details before I actually commit. I like the idea though and I have ran PvP tournies in the past. We'll talk.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I appreciate the vote of confidence and the amazing sales pitch you have just delivered! We still need to discuss it and go over all the details before I actually commit. I like the idea though and I have ran PvP tournies in the past. We'll talk.
everyone, Zuckuss is in, dont worry lol. he's just sounding conservative lol.

This gona be huuuuuggggggeeeeee

its like donald trump in monday night RAW! shaving Mcmahon head. lol