• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS WE WON!!! Stratics has been sold--back to the community!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Congratulations, Stratics! In an extraordinary effort that brought together UO players and gamers from all over the world, we have joined together to bring this historic and treasured site back where it belongs--into the hands of the community. Close to 100 contributors from 11 countries pledged a total of $12,217 to the crowdfunding campaign, and staff and angel contributors rose to the challenge to make up the difference when the auction price began to climb. Contributions are still coming in -- and you can be sure that every penny will go straight back into the site, whether as part of the aquisition or to the initial costs associated with the transition (software licenses, server upgrades/migration, etc.)

You will see that the site was purchased with a Buy It Now price. A great deal of discussion and negotiation went into this decision. At the late stage in the auction as the price was rising, we felt that this was the safest option to ensure the site remained within the community, and that we'd be be able to maintain the promises that we made in the campaign --and those promises are very important to us.

We, the senior staff and organizers of the campaign, would like to re-affirm our commitment to you, the rest of the community. We would not be here right now if so many of you hadn’t placed your trust and support with us, and we are humbled and grateful to both members and stewards of this incredible community. We will do our best to make sure we remain worthy of the trust you've placed in us.

Over the next few weeks, we will be taking the steps necessary to make the transition in securing the site and formalizing the leadership structure we proposed. Fear not -- we will do our best to make these transitions as painless as possible. While we can’t promise that we won't run into a few snags or unknowns, we can and do promise that we will maintain communication with you during this process and do our very best to keep disruption to a minimum. There is a lot of work behind the scenes left to be done, and we appreciate your patience!

Of course...we also have perks to distribute! Everyone who contributed to the campaign should expect an email very soon regarding their contribution and any applicable perks.

We’ve said it many times during the past couple of weeks and we’ll say it again: THANK YOU for your support, for your devotion to Stratics and to UO, and most of all for being such an amazing community of people. We are so incredibly proud to be a part of it.

LONG LIVE STRATICS!!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
woot!!!

I know there will be more costs involved over and beyond what the auction closed at.... can still throw money via the campaign, yes?
Absolutely we have about 30 hours left on the fund raising campaign. Anything going in at this time will be placed towards future upkeep, licensing, and maintenance costs for Stratics going forward.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Congratulations, Stratics! In an extraordinary effort that brought together UO players and gamers from all over the world, we have joined together to bring this historic and treasured site back where it belongs--into the hands of the community. Close to 100 contributors from 11 countries pledged a total of $12,217 to the crowdfunding campaign, and staff and angel contributors rose to the challenge to make up the difference when the auction price began to climb. Contributions are still coming in -- and you can be sure that every penny will go straight back into the site, whether as part of the aquisition or to the initial costs associated with the transition (software licenses, server upgrades/migration, etc.)

You will see that the site was purchased with a Buy It Now price. A great deal of discussion and negotiation went into this decision. At the late stage in the auction as the price was rising, we felt that this was the safest option to ensure the site remained within the community, and that we'd be be able to maintain the promises that we made in the campaign --and those promises are very important to us.

We, the senior staff and organizers of the campaign, would like to re-affirm our commitment to you, the rest of the community. We would not be here right now if so many of you hadn’t placed your trust and support with us, and we are humbled and grateful to both members and stewards of this incredible community. We will do our best to make sure we remain worthy of the trust you've placed in us.

Over the next few weeks, we will be taking the steps necessary to make the transition in securing the site and formalizing the leadership structure we proposed. Fear not -- we will do our best to make these transitions as painless as possible. While we can’t promise that we won't run into a few snags or unknowns, we can and do promise that we will maintain communication with you during this process and do our very best to keep disruption to a minimum. There is a lot of work behind the scenes left to be done, and we appreciate your patience!

Of course...we also have perks to distribute! Everyone who contributed to the campaign should expect an email very soon regarding their contribution and any applicable perks.

We’ve said it many times during the past couple of weeks and we’ll say it again: THANK YOU for your support, for your devotion to Stratics and to UO, and most of all for being such an amazing community of people. We are so incredibly proud to be a part of it.

LONG LIVE STRATICS!!
This has been the best Christmas present ever! :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
AHA!!! So let the boosting continue!

Lemme go bug some more ppl! I know there will be xfer fees, fees for the sites, escrow fees, all kinds of other fees for setting up your LLC, legal, accounting....

Congrats! Now the REAL work begins! muwaaahaaahaaa!!!

It just goes to show, this community is NOT dead despite what other people say.

Stratics - may it live long and prosper.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
A pivotal moment in Stratics' lengthy history. More than a milestone--a definitive indicator of the strength of the Stratics community, present and past. Congratulations and best wishes!

Last edited:

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is absolutely what needed to happen in order to end the continued owner merry-go-round of people looking (and failing) to make a fast buck, then selling the site on once again when that failed to materialize.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Absolutely we have about 30 hours left on the fund raising campaign. Anything going in at this time will be placed towards future upkeep, licensing, and maintenance costs for Stratics going forward.
And anything reaching you sometime after those 30 hours, I do hope, since checks may take a little more time to reach you.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, we did it! :smile2:

Now, where is my banner?!? :tongue:
I am going through the contribution listings and will be contacting all contributors by email to match them properly to their Stratics usernames (as many were not obvious). We will begin distributing banners after the sale is finalized and we actually have the right to do it. ;)

The tangible rewards (mug, t-shirt, etc.) will take longer. Their delivery will depend on production and shipping.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I am going through the contribution listings and will be contacting all contributors by email to match them properly to their Stratics usernames (as many were not obvious). We will begin distributing banners after the sale is finalized and we actually have the right to do it. ;)

The tangible rewards (mug, t-shirt, etc.) will take longer. Their delivery will depend on production and shipping.
This is the least of my worries.

I'm going to say most others as well

We know you will get it done

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Congrats everyone! :)

If the following folks would send me a PM, I owe you a million gold on Atlantic. :)

1. Becca
2. Beatrice Bueno Iank
3. watchesbyhelen
4. tabby_kapak
5. littlegemmagnolia
6. troy.hewitt
7. Jerry Thompson
8. smurfx
9. Grace Snoke
10. Tjalle

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm SO DELIGHTED! Congratulations to everyone in the Senior Staff for mounting this campaign and for all those who were able to contribute to its success! Stratics is now EXACTLY where it needs to be :).

And I'll quit biting my nails and bugging everyone I know in social media... hehe

-- El of LA

Congratulations, Stratics!

LONG LIVE STRATICS!!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We've won, it's true and our Indiegogo campaign is wrapping up in about 5 hours. If anyone was wanting to throw some money in the pot to show your support, but were away for the holidays please do, there is still a narrow windows of time. We're working on finalizing the Perk items with vendors and wouldn't want anyone to miss out.

Anything we receive beyond what we needed from the campaign and from out angel donors is being earmarked for operational costs for the licenses and future needs of the site.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So glad to hear this... Now, will the hostng for the site be moved or will the account the site is housed under, also under go àm ownership change?
We will be going through a server and hosting migration in the near future. The planning for that is underway, but it will not occur until after the planning is completed and the site ownership is officially transferred.

In all cases the date(s), expected time(s), and any planned down time will be announced in advance on these boards. :)

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

LONG LIVE STRATICS!!
While I don`t visit often and I don`t play OSI UO, Stratics is and has always been the go-to place for anything UO. It would have been a HUGE loss to ANYONE who loves UO, to lose Stratics. I for one, want to say THANKYOU to all involved in saving this bastion of UO for all of us UO lovers,weather we pay or just play. You have saved so much,much more than just a website, but more a go-to place for anyone who is interested/plays or just treasure hunts or passes time. Many thanks to all involved, I doubt you know how truly valued you are to this small community of gamers.Some of us started here, some of us, might not play here..... but we still play and very deeply value everything you have done for the game and the payers/players. Such devotion should be noticed by EA/Broadsword and freeking reckognized!!!!!! LONG LIVE UO!

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Community Stands In the Center of the Valley Looking out across what was once Lush bountiful Fields Of Dreams. Where anyone could with hard work & a little Know how, Till the ground, Sow their Seeds then reap The Benefits of their labor.....
Several hours Prier : The Valley was in danger of being Overrun and destroyed By Evil Greedy Orcs, Trolls and other nasties!!.
So in the short time provided They Sharpened Their Spades, Shovels and what ever tool could be used to defend Their Dreams and Readied Themselves for all out War.
Twas The Stuff Great Legendary Deeds Was made of. Where Warriors, Mages, Merchants, Healers And Crafters Stood Shoulder to shoulder In Defiance.
Thinking they would have The upper hand The Dream Smashers attacked In the Dead of Shadowy Midnight.
Not to Be Dissuaded From their upmost Duty The Community With Torches and spells of Light Broke Through the darkness Like a Blade of Sunlight.
Even The Rogue and Assassins where Dancing around the shadows Dealing Death asunder to those that would wreck havoc upon their field of Dreams for they too had Families They wished to share their bounties with.
Through out the night the battle waged, Ground was given then retaken and just as all seemed lost ....The council Deep in the Mages tower Scouring the old tome Library for any spell That might win the day ...it was found ..... by chance and elder dismayed and overwhelmed Cracked his staff on a bookshelf knocking it over and there on the floor from atop the bookshelf Covered with thousands of Years of old dust was.... "The Buy it Now" Arcane Tome !!!
Racing to the top of the mages tower The council started to chant the words ......With a Blinding Flash of bright white light a powerful indestructible shield expanded over the valley protecting it from anymore Evil Attacks.
Though the Battle was over and won ...They all knew the work was not done for they had to clean up the dead and replant the fields, but they knew Nothing could Destroy their Dreams now.
They had stood together and won the day!!
Well Done .....whispered The Gods above Smiling as the Sun Rose and started to warm and light up the valley.

Last edited:

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Congratulations to the community for this historic event. I am confident that the community will make the venture a success. I am happy that the new organization will bring stability, and greater engagement to the website.

Thanks to everyone in the community for welcoming me in. I had a great time working with everyone. It is rare to find a gaming community that so closely resembles a family.

Here is to many more years of Stratics and Ultima Online!

Ryan

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations to the community for this historic event. I am confident that the community will make the venture a success. I am happy that the new organization will bring stability, and greater engagement to the website.

Thanks to everyone in the community for welcoming me in. I had a great time working with everyone. It is rare to find a gaming community that so closely resembles a family.

Here is to many more years of Stratics and Ultima Online!

Ryan
It nice that the community is back alive. During a certain time period it was not very active. Thanks to you and Taylor and other staff.