• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev Team [Bug/Glitch/Loop Hole] (Auction Safes)

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

This needs to be fixed immediately I recommend anyone using safes to halt their auctions until this is fixed. I did more testing with the auction system because my first big auction had a few glitches luckily no damage was done because of this bug.

The way you guys coded the auction safes you made the Auction Safe connected to the character ID not the account ID on specific area's. You have it attached to the account as well but you left a loop hole open.

For Example

Auction is made by the seller.

Player bids on the auction with character name: Shawn

Player wins the auction but goes to pick up the item with character named: Joe

*To pick up the auction you double click the safe, item gets put into your backpack* This is how its supposed to work.

Loop Hole: Player picks the item with different character at least he tries to. Player clicks the safe, nothing happens so we all think.

When this player clicks the auction safe with a different character the auction safe has the account saved, but has the character ID of the bidder saved as well. Well because the character ID doesn't match the safe, it does not send the item into the characters backpack.

Instead the item is released..... "the system thinks the item was sent to his backpack" but actually leaves the item on the auction house safe.

This item has now become "Released" meaning anyone can grab this item when it happens. This can be very dangerously used in the wrong hands, people could get scammed out of a lot of money and be very angry...

It should be a simple fix but it should be fixed soon as possible as well so people aren't being scammed or risking the loss of an item, and its no ones fault besides some coding that needs to be adjusted. Hope you guys get it fixed soon.

Thanks

SoulWeaver

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know, I already knew about this, but didn't think much of it. I only lost a couple items, old wedding rings etc. maybe 300m max, (which is partially another problem also, old items that cannot be locked down on a floor, like wedding rings, event deathrobes etc, can sometimes be deleted instantly on the auction safe.) but now that you made a point of it, I completely agree. Would like to see this fixed asap.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
how can people abuse this system i didnt get it. for example i released the item, so ? i can pick up if it is already released. and seller also got the money. ( tbh i wouldnt try to grab the item lol)

who get scammed now? unless seller says buyers to come with different charachter and seller grabs the item immedately.

but bug is bug, needs to be fixed.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Someone else brought this to my attention to, you'll need to do something about idiots that would set up an auction house, get everyone to bid, and then they would just ban the players account from the house, so now they wont have access to the item when they win it. Let the 3 days pass and the person gets another players gold/items

I know you brought up the fact to making this system automatic so when the auction ends, the item is instantly sent. If you do this make sure you program it to go into the bidder's bank box. You dont want it sent into their backpack while pvping, and they get killed, and lose their freshly won auction item or get bashed by a champ spawn and never knew they had it... lose it to a monster and they start yelling at the auction house owner etc..

Not sure if making an option where if a player does bid on auction safe, in a specific house, that player now can not be banned from the house something to that effect....

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
another issue is, how are non stratics users supposed to get info about this or any other bugs, issues ect....
I always wanted to see something on patch page where anyone can go to, to find out about bugs, issues or anything else players need to know. I hope no one gets screwed.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another issue is, how are non stratics users supposed to get info about this or any other bugs, issues ect....
I always wanted to see something on patch page where anyone can go to, to find out about bugs, issues or anything else players need to know. I hope no one gets screwed.
Well because their isnt thats what stratics is in place for "Community" everyone here viewing this should be using word of mouth to friends, which will do the same and spread to everyone!!! World Domination!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've had issues with the players names - including the winner - being hidden. Player came back a bit too late, but other than their name sharing the same first letter, there was no way for me to verify if that actually was the winning bidder.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had issues with the players names - including the winner - being hidden. Player came back a bit too late, but other than their name sharing the same first letter, there was no way for me to verify if that actually was the winning bidder.

Yeah i mentioned that to @Bleak as well in a PM. At the end of the auction the winners name should be revealed with the characters chat ID for confirmation.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The devs are still pretty active with the Bugs board... I do see Bleak posting things quite frequently to keep track of stuffs.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Someone else brought this to my attention to, you'll need to do something about idiots that would set up an auction house, get everyone to bid, and then they would just ban the players account from the house, so now they wont have access to the item when they win it. Let the 3 days pass and the person gets another players gold/items

I know you brought up the fact to making this system automatic so when the auction ends, the item is instantly sent. If you do this make sure you program it to go into the bidder's bank box. You dont want it sent into their backpack while pvping, and they get killed, and lose their freshly won auction item or get bashed by a champ spawn and never knew they had it... lose it to a monster and they start yelling at the auction house owner etc..

Not sure if making an option where if a player does bid on auction safe, in a specific house, that player now can not be banned from the house something to that effect....
Or they could Have it go to the House Sign like it does when Your vendor has Dropped that you was renting & after the initial time them go into the Bank box ..& they could put like a Neon Gift Note In backpack that is blessed That you won & then you drop it on ground like New vendor search maps for it to poof

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs are still pretty active with the Bugs board... I do see Bleak posting things quite frequently to keep track of stuffs.
Which bug board are you referring too The Stratics bug forum ?

I've reported several bugs through the UO.com page, I've never received any verification emails or anything though, so we'll see after the next bug-fix publish which bugs get fixed and which ones we'll have to continue dealing with. :eek:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also introduce this: when u win an auction u see the auction safe green.... When u are losing , u see it coloured red. Fir example at soulweaver 's with so many safes it's hard to understand where u winning where u losing etc

InfernO will come to get you

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Which bug board are you referring too The Stratics bug forum ?

I've reported several bugs through the UO.com page, I've never received any verification emails or anything though, so we'll see after the next bug-fix publish which bugs get fixed and which ones we'll have to continue dealing with. :eek:
Yes, the Stratics Dev Boards: UO Developer Feed

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
off topic but sort of along the same lines. I dont want to turn a bug in unless others have had this happen. I had an issue with the new Runic Atlas.
I was at a Idoc and when the house fell all my Atlas books vanished. At first I was looking through my pack like a mad man but then I noticed a bag that held 5 of the missing books still had weight to it so I logged out and tried to get them to pop back up but that didnt work, I did page a GM (with a no show) and eventually logged off for the night. When I returned the next day everything was fine.
My question is, has anyone had this happen to them as well or am I just crazy?

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Haven't read rest of replies yet but one thing to note is there needs to be some sort of "fail safe" way to do this in case the players bank box is full the item needs to get send to them somehow, maybe through a button on the paperdoll or something to like "claim won items from auction safes" and once claimed have them deposited into players backpack... I realize this kind of leaves the item stuck sitting in the sellers auction house... So do something similar to vendors when a player customizes their house.... The way vendors work at that point is the player has to single click themseld to "get vendor"... Meanwhile vendor is in a moving crate... Make these items.s won from player auctions be sent to either A. Individual moving crate for each character on the account or B. An account wide moving crate and have players be in a safe logout location in order to retrieve items from said moving crate. Just a thought.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
But if you do the moving crate idea please don't have it sent to a house moving crate.... Not all accounts have houses... Needs to be fail safe way of doing it. Implementingthe mailbox system similar to that in world of Warcraft where items won off an auction house is sent to the player through mail would be the preferred way of doing this, but I mean I wouldn't hold my breath for that system being created . who knows though it is the new year

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think you all just need to take better notes. You should know when/where/and with whom you placed a bid... and you ought to mark a rune to it.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't read rest of replies yet but one thing to note is there needs to be some sort of "fail safe" way to do this in case the players bank box is full the item needs to get send to them somehow, maybe through a button on the paperdoll or something to like "claim won items from auction safes" and once claimed have them deposited into players backpack... I realize this kind of leaves the item stuck sitting in the sellers auction house... So do something similar to vendors when a player customizes their house.... The way vendors work at that point is the player has to single click themseld to "get vendor"... Meanwhile vendor is in a moving crate... Make these items.s won from player auctions be sent to either A. Individual moving crate for each character on the account or B. An account wide moving crate and have players be in a safe logout location in order to retrieve items from said moving crate. Just a thought.

If an item is forced into your bank via programming your bank account cap wont really matter it would still send into it your bank box. It would be over capped afterwards so you have to take the items directly out of your bank if you were to move them in your bank then its at risk of dropping to the ground, I am sure Bleak can think of something, if they didnt want to do bank they could do the bidding character then maybe have a 48 hour blessed timer on it or something to that effect. I am sure he can figure out good way to fix it.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best way: auction crate , similar to the transfer crate...

InfernO will come to get you