• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill trade between 2 accounts under one EA account

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got like 18 chars on one account which i cant normally fit on one shard, i really wished i could transfer some skills between those two accounts (using soulstones) under one EA account, my aim is to free some character slots and organize 1 account for pvm and crafting and leave the second one for pvp only.

I'd like to know if there is a chance that this might become possible in the future @Bleak

Thank you

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was said quite a while ago, I think when soulstones first came out that this option would never happen. If you wanted skills on another account then you are free to train that account up too.
Although times are different now I don't think their stance on this would have changed as it benefits them in zero ways.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i cant see it ever happening as at any time you could unbind those 2 accounts and sell/trade/kill off one account.

im sure i dont need to spell out what kind of disasters you could do with being able to do that.

sounds like someone has a winter full of training ahead of them!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The issue with being able to sell skills on the 1 charge soulstones is that then all the gold selling and scripting websites would just make a ton of them with every skill in the game by scripting to sell for cheap. Once people can buy 120 swordsmanship or whatever other skill for like $10 or the gold equivalent from a website without having to give them login info and take the risk of being hacked like people do now, no one would ever want to actually train the skills as they were meant to be trained ever again.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue with being able to sell skills on the 1 charge soulstones is that then all the gold selling and scripting websites would just make a ton of them with every skill in the game by scripting to sell for cheap. Once people can buy 120 swordsmanship or whatever other skill for like $10 or the gold equivalent from a website without having to give them login info and take the risk of being hacked like people do now, no one would ever want to actually train the skills as they were meant to be trained ever again.
I would love to buy 120 swordmanships skill on a stone for $10.. I just fail to understand why i cant buy it in EA stores.
I dont understand why EA dosent stop alle the illegal sales of UO items for RL money, and make those money themself.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And I would be completely okay with this.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to buy 120 swordmanships skill on a stone for $10.. I just fail to understand why i cant buy it in EA stores.
I dont understand why EA dosent stop alle the illegal sales of UO items for RL money, and make those money themself.

120 Magery ... add to cart
120 Taming ... add to cart
120 Stealing ... add to cart

etc etc

And you really cant see why this isnt a good idea?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leave everything as is.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the key phrase is between linked accounts. That would curb the sellers from doing it. Personally i can think of other things to be worked on however I dont see this as game breaking.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Magery ... add to cart
120 Taming ... add to cart
120 Stealing ... add to cart

etc etc

And you really cant see why this isnt a good idea?
I think its a great idea :)
But i guess its better than..buy mythic token from illegal 3rd party website, and 1 billion gold for $200..(to buy sots n stuff)
Witch gives 0 $$$ to EA, and keep those hackers alive (the guys who gives us what we want)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Off Topic: I wish we could craft everything that's in game, including full soulstones.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This is kinda the way of the world anymore. You can buy through almost any game and UO also. As long as you can buy pinks it's pretty much the same thing. What I don't understand is why EA lets so many internet sites sell so many things that they might as well be getting the money for. Maybe we'll see things change with the "in game store". I'm not promoting anything about easy skill gain. But realistically if someone can buy the pinks it's pretty much the same result. I could start a new account today and if I wanted to throw money at it have 5 legendary characters tomorrow. Not much of a rant, but it's all I got ;)

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leave everything as is.
The idea sounds nice, but the side affects would materially alter the game - i.e., there would never be use to work up skills anymore, it would create just another market for duping, so on and so forth. So I'm quoting myself to reiterate that the current system of soulstoned skills is not broke. In my opinion, simply due to having to deal with a minor inconvenience is not good enough reason to justify this change and make another "easy button" in this game. Additionally, this would likely lead to some lost revenue for the company, which they simply cannot afford right now.

You want specific skills on a new account or toon? Buy a mythic token, pick your skills and stone them off after you get them to your desired level. That's probably your best option.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did see some 120skill points selling on illegal stores at some point, correct me if im wrong...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I did see some 120skill points selling on illegal stores at some point, correct me if im wrong...
I don't think I'm going to turn over my account to some person, who is technically already broken the law, and let them grind a toon for me lol The potential for bad things happening is noticeable :p

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not saying thats the right thing to do, im just saying that its accessible by players... I made it very clear in my posts that im talking about skill transfer between players under the same EA account... Yes a crafter for example, crafting 1 soulstone fragment with one charge can defo solve the problem... Nothing is impossible

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think it's a great idea to be able to swap skills between linked EA accounts. Feasible? probably not...

I would do exactly what, Gandalf is wanting to do. PvM account and PvP account. It's rather annoying having to log out on one of my PvP toons to log in on my samp to kill a champ...

Yea I could have set up my accounts a little different and had them more organized, but when one starts playing the game at the age of 10 you have a lot of other ideas...Hindsight is a B****

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think I'm going to turn over my account to some person, who is technically already broken the law, and let them grind a toon for me lol The potential for bad things happening is noticeable :p
I believe that that is exactly why 3rd party sites simply wouldn't do well selling skills. Either they (yeah right) or you would have to give them access to the others account. I'm sure some 3rd party sites wouldn't rip you off, however they are certainly working in a grey area and therefore that type of trust wouldn't exist.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did see some 120 skill points selling on illegal stores at some point, correct me if im wrong...
You are right. You give them your account info and then they train, using illegal programs, your skills to 120 and guess what happens if they get caught, you lose your account.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are right. You give them your account info and then they train, using illegal programs, your skills to 120 and guess what happens if they get caught, you lose your account.
Yep, I remember seeing that. I suppose this post is going to get deleted now, oh well