• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SoT's, give these some usefulness! (please)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about letting us get a return on our time with SoTs by making them worth 1000 points per 0.1 of skill. This would especially be sweet to have for those snooping, taste id, camping, herding, etc etc that we end up with.

:drool:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having 3 full sot books I would sure love that! I would have to encourage people to say no on that.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are such hoarders. Instead of holding onto SoTs, why not throw them on a vendor. Sell them well under market value. If someone buys them at the low price and tries to resell them, so what...they are out of your inventory...la

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cos there is a big market for Camping, taste id, focus, ect.
I could max a new char instantly in useless skills with the amount I got in books. lol

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cos there is a big market for Camping, taste id, focus, ect.
I could max a new char instantly in useless skills with the amount I got in books. lol
Then max those skills out and get rid of the excess. Who knows, there could be a run on camping SoT's if you sold them for 1,000 gold per .1 ...la

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious as to why people don't throw away the useless ones if they don't want them, regardless of reward. If they are of no use to you, just throw them away. It sure beats taking up storage space with them.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are such hoarders. Instead of holding onto SoTs, why not throw them on a vendor. Sell them well under market value. If someone buys them at the low price and tries to resell them, so what...they are out of your inventory...la
For a long time I did sell my sot's and found it to be extraordinarily time consuming.

Its like spring cleaning after 6 years, *shakes head* wonders where all this crap came from.

As long as the game has (supply and demand)(required resources) then I suppose there will always hording... pretty simple.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
See that's what I don't get... if people really wanted to unload stuff they would sell it like they did. Just because some duffus on Atl prices their crap like they are Tiffany's doesn't mean that everyone should.... and I hate it when people say something "Sells For" X price.

Just because it's priced at something ridiculous in no way means that it "Sells for" that price... What it means is that some idiot thinks someone will pay that much. Most of the actual players of UO WON'T pay that much.

I look at things like this.... Focus, Med, Resist, etc... it is not worth the money to buy those no matter how cheap they are... those skills can be worked up quickly and easily... SoTs that are worth money are those that folk either don't want to work but need... or take too long to work but are useful. If no one uses the skill for anything then no one is going to want to buy the SoT unless its uber cheap.

It's like people crying over vendor fees. If they priced things to sell they wouldn't have to worry about it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious as to why people don't throw away the useless ones if they don't want them, regardless of reward. If they are of no use to you, just throw them away. It sure beats taking up storage space with them.
Another thing I've seen, is a shard newbie chest. If an item is worthless to you and you aren't willing to sell it...throw it i the newbie chest for others to use...la

Herp!

Journeyman
Another thing I've seen, is a shard newbie chest. If an item is worthless to you and you aren't willing to sell it...throw it i the newbie chest for others to use...la
This would be a great thing imo. Though this is coming from the guy who was given 20 points worth of taming SoT to get from 80-100 on my tamer I couldn't finish when I was younger... still can't finish that crap, I can't be arsed to log in once every x hours and tame a single bull for a yr straight.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be a great thing imo. Though this is coming from the guy who was given 20 points worth of taming SoT to get from 80-100 on my tamer I couldn't finish when I was younger... still can't finish that crap, I can't be arsed to log in once every x hours and tame a single bull for a yr straight.
You can't really say taming SoT's are junk though, that's 50,000,000 gold worth of paper points you just ate. :D
Thou I bet you REALLY wish you'd have used them from 100 to 120 since that's the hardest part.

Herp!

Journeyman
You can't really say taming SoT's are junk though, that's 50,000,000 gold worth of paper points you just ate. :D
Thou I bet you REALLY wish you'd have used them from 100 to 120 since that's the hardest part.
I do. But at the same rate, I've paid that person back in full + some. I can easily go get myself more taming pinks. It takes 10 min to do a spawn solo, less if I have a friend or skip the bosses or because I don't wanna deal with the Raiders after the boss stealing my junk pinks or quality pinks. It's a matter of wanting to actually go do that instead of standing at the bank drooling as I stare at the wall and wait for my buddy to be able to log in so the game is actually fun.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the hell is your skill template... *laughs*
Well, some peoplel enjoy their old school chars and ways. Template has nothing to do with the question at hand anyway, all I was suggesting is that they maybe give us a reason to bring those useless scrolls home...I personally think it's asenine that they actually include them in the list the RNG selects from for a drop.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what is being asked is what old school template solos a spawn in 10 mins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what is being asked is what old school template solos a spawn in 10 mins?

Yep! :)

As a Mage with various other skills added in I sure can't do a champ spawn in 10 minutes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My bad, he was answering Herp and not me lol, no worries. *stays confused*

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just do like I do. Have SOT books and try to get 300/300 5 pointers of each crappy skill. That will take you a good long time to complete that collection. And hey if in the next 5-8 years it takes to finish. Maybe they will make those skills worth a damn and you are now RICH beyond belief. All for 3-5 lousy lockdowns. Or do what the rest of UO does. Drop them on the dungeon floor.