• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn's bugged?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Has anyone else had any issues down there?

Atleast once a week, we will go to Blackthorn’s Dungeon for our guild's nightly hunt. Something we have noticed the past few weeks is that there will be certain captain’s that we cannot damage below 96%. They simply immediately heal up. We have tried all different damage types, from tamers, mages, mystics, archers, melee fighters, all different elementals, several different slayers, nothing seems to work. There have been times we have been down there and had a dozen people aggro’ed on this one person and they simply take little to no damage.

Specifically, we have noticed this occuring with macers and some fencers. About two weeks ago while doing it, there was one point we had 3 macers and a fencer that were all unable to be damaged and we simply had to give up the hunt. Then last night we did it again, there was one fencer that wouldn’t take any damage, so we killed all the captains and “advanced the tower” along one level, but then we got down to this one fencer again and it wouldn’t let us activate the beacon to make it vulnerable again. So we had to give up. We’ve noticed this going on for about two-three weeks now.

We are on Atlantic shard. Should've taken some screen shots, but forgot to.

@Kyronix @Bleak - would be appreciated if you took a look into this.

EDIT: When we did it last night, we were on the third town to the left. When we did it last week, we did it at the last town on the right. Happened one other occasion, but I don't recall where.

Last edited:

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Atleast once a week, we will go to Blackthorn’s Dungeon for our guild's nightly hunt. Something we have noticed the past few weeks is that there will be certain captain’s that we cannot damage below 96%. They simply immediately heal up. We have tried all different damage types, from tamers, mages, mystics, archers, melee fighters, all different elementals, several different slayers, nothing seems to work. There have been times we have been down there and had a dozen people aggro’ed on this one person and they simply take little to no damage.

Specifically, we have noticed this occuring with macers and some fencers. About two weeks ago while doing it, there was one point we had 3 macers and a fencer that were all unable to be damaged and we simply had to give up the hunt. Then last night we did it again, there was one fencer that wouldn’t take any damage, so we killed all the captains and “advanced the tower” along one level, but then we got down to this one fencer again and it wouldn’t let us activate the beacon to make it vulnerable again. So we had to give up. We’ve noticed this going on for about two-three weeks now.

EDIT: When we did it last night, we were on the third town to the left. When we did it last week, we did it at the last town on the right. Happened one other occasion, but I don't recall where.
It sounds like you need to call in the purple llamas...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Please send a detailed description (which shard, which pod you were fighting in, which captains you were fighting against, what the state of the lighthouse was, character information - including stats, skills & equipment) to [email protected] and we can try and reproduce and fix the issue in a future publish. Thanks!

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We encountered similar issues when my guild hunted in Blackthorn's dungeon last week. First, after fighting with certain captains (I think it was a necro?) one guildmate was struck with some weird health degeneration, where his hp was continuously going down about as fast as I could heal it. It would go down to 1 and stay there, leaving him alive but red-lined. Logging in and out, and dying did not resolve it. He was able to get a GM to fix it but had to wait until the next day for a GM to fix it the second time it happened to him. We also ran into a macer that was near impossible to kill. Only took damage from AI or consecrate weapon, and seemed to regen like crazy. We got him down to about 65% or so before we lost our edge and he completely regenerated. Also this was in the New Magincia area.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please send a detailed description (which shard, which pod you were fighting in, which captains you were fighting against, what the state of the lighthouse was, character information - including stats, skills & equipment) to [email protected] and we can try and reproduce and fix the issue in a future publish. Thanks!
Thanks - I will submit something tonight and provide as much details as I can think of.

It's to be noted that we had 15-20 different people with us, so I'm not sure pulling up stats, skills and equipment for a large sample of people will be possible. We had everyone from tamers to melee fighters, archers, mages, you name it. 15 year vets and people who are in their first month. I will state that in my bug report later tonight. Your response is much appreciated.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Macer, swordsman and fencer have Consume Damage(Tamer Mastery) effect.
If you attack with physical damage 100% weapon, they start Consume Damage mechanism.
Damage was canceled and their health regenerate will grow.
It happens even you attacking with Armor Ignore or Consecrated Weapon.
If you attack with elemental weapon(not physical,not Consecrated Weapon) ,you can kill them as usual.
Don't attack with physical damage weapon and pets has physical damage 100%.

These issue were solved in hokuto.It actually happen in pub90.
I'll keep exam for a shot while.

After server maintenance, captains leaving are broken their archer AI and grown their damage resistance.
They gain 20-30% all type of elemental damage resistance and it will reach 90%+.
It also break above issue, you can deal damage to broken melee captain.
This is because you can't deal damage.

I'm not good at English.
Please ask me if my explanation wasn't enough.

@Kyronix
I hope they will reset all spawning stats(town,race and progress) every maintenance to resolve 2nd issue.
All player don't want to play with Fay and Demon.They are always left and they spoil fun from blackthorn dungeon.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had no problems there on Legends last weekend. The pod was the top most from the left side and the spawn is bears/trogs/rats/etc. But I had encountered way too many bosses with 0 resists and 5x more HP.
On the pod before this one, 90% of the captains had 0 resists and 5x more HP.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
I recorded video what happen.
At 7:40- , I was attacking with physical damage 100% weapon and using Animal lore to check fencer captain.
She actually ignore some damage and heal her self.

I couldn't deal damage at opening of video. Then I changed elemental damage weapon, I could deal damage.

I don't think it bugged,it might be new feature.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seriously, as if those captains weren't already so annoying that most people don't even bother with them anymore? And now this?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That makes it exceedingly difficult. I never heard of this before that certain captain's needed only elemental damage and consumed physical.