• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin down?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bought a gametime code and instead of instantly giving my code, which has been the case for the past 4-5 years I've bought them, it's now "processing which can take 24 to 48 hours".

I'll just assume the store is down and I am faced with having to contact their customer service.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Update*

"Yogesh:
It has been added recently added as an added security measure. This could take up to 72 hours."

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well it was reported Origin had some problems. I wonder what the delayed wait does that helps?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it was reported Origin had some problems. I wonder what the delayed wait does that helps?
Maybe a process to prevent stolen card #s maybe? Either way it's annoying. I think the site is down and CS doesn't admit it. I've bought for YEARS and the only time my codes haven't been instant have been when the site is down or "they ran out of codes".

Do you know if I can hit walmart and get one of those ea wallet cards and buy gametime with those with no wait?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Maybe a process to prevent stolen card #s maybe? Either way it's annoying. I think the site is down and CS doesn't admit it. I've bought for YEARS and the only time my codes haven't been instant have been when the site is down or "they ran out of codes".

Do you know if I can hit walmart and get one of those ea wallet cards and buy gametime with those with no wait?
I would think they would be more trusting if it's the same credit card and info that's been used for a long time over a new account.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think they would be more trusting if it's the same credit card and info that's been used for a long time over a new account.
Well I've had the same account forever. I just don't save any billing/payment info on it.

It doesn't matter right now though. They already have my money and I have nothing but a wait time. We'll see how this plays out.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
had a guild mate have the exact same problem last night!

now this is even stranger, after he told me about this i thought id better go pick up a code if its gonna take up to 3 days to get it and i got my code right there at checkout like always.
even for the email copy of it instantly like always.

strange, eh?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems to me that Gametime Codes are sent via email days later when the CC charge clears. Other codes for NON-Gametime are given right at checkout.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
had a guild mate have the exact same problem last night!

now this is even stranger, after he told me about this i thought id better go pick up a code if its gonna take up to 3 days to get it and i got my code right there at checkout like always.
even for the email copy of it instantly like always.

strange, eh?
That's what I tried to tell the service rep. Buying gamtime provides an instant code with an instant email as backup.

I've been buying the same codes every month for years with no problems except when it's on their end.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I always get the codes at the same time.
Are you guys using CC?? (Maybe they are verifying the Info, b4 release the code)
I pay with Paypal all the time, and they delivery the code Instantly
It is a pain , when you have to buy over 10 codes , 1 by 1

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always get the codes at the same time.
Are you guys using CC?? (Maybe they are verifying the Info, b4 release the code)
I pay with Paypal all the time, and they delivery the code Instantly
It is a pain , when you have to buy over 10 codes , 1 by 1
I do use a CC. I've always gotten them instantly as well except for this time and the time they ran out of codes. I'm going to look into the wallet thing for next time.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That is how Origin works now.... sadly.