• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So How Many Candies Did Ya Eat To Get A Card?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to know if they are worth the effort for selling, nobody seems to buy on Europa.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have made somewhere between 50 and 100 and have gotten around 7 cards.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'd like to know if they are worth the effort for selling, nobody seems to buy on Europa.
All got the recipe and it only take 15 cooking to make a dark one, so a set of jewelry and a talisman and all can make them. Why buy if you can make them :p

It may be easier to sell the card than the chokomen, but they are nice to give away as gifts

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if the white chocolate nutcrackers, the hardest ones to craft, have a "higher" drop rate (as they logically should)...or if being exceptionally crafted makes a difference (again, as it logically should).

And yes, I know, logic and UO rarely see eye to eye.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wonder if the white chocolate nutcrackers, the hardest ones to craft, have a "higher" drop rate (as they logically should)...or if being exceptionally crafted makes a difference (again, as it logically should).

I've been wondering, too (posted in the Botany and Nutrition forum). Some others have posted there, giving their success rate, but I don't think they were keeping track of whether or not the difficulty makes a difference.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

ive made 30 dark, 30 white, and 30 milk so far. dark dropped 2 cards, and milk 1 for me. the 2 cards dark dropped were the same. ill track if exceptional ones drop cards faster. I was too excited to keep track when I was opening them. I do know the 3 cards that dropped for me were made and eaten in my house. nothing dropped when I made and ate them in luna.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
prices ive seen vary form 200k -1m each ...If its any help

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats for the cards only... no idea about choclates ive seen em lying around luna floor last few days...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I ate 6 nutcrackers and got the complete set! (The set was 5 mill) ;) But it did motivate me to GM cooking.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See this is what's wrong with this game now. Gold.
A complete set for 5 mill, I see that as not even worth my time gathering the foil.
Too much money ingame now and no REAL coin sinks.

I spent days gathering foil before Dec 1st, got 500 foils but for 5 mill they will most likely sit in my Castle gathering dust.....
I know its "my" problem but when your sat on 100's of millions.....the game just seems to turn into a normal RPG where I just buy everything and get bored quickly.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
See this is what's wrong with this game now. Gold.
A complete set for 5 mill, I see that as not even worth my time gathering the foil.
Too much money ingame now and no REAL coin sinks.

I spent days gathering foil before Dec 1st, got 500 foils but for 5 mill they will most likely sit in my Castle gathering dust.....
I know its "my" problem but when your sat on 100's of millions.....the game just seems to turn into a normal RPG where I just buy everything and get bored quickly.
100's of millions really isn't that much anymore lol. But in general prices are dropping. I've especially noticed it with rares. Even the new cooler rares are around the 50 mill mark and they would have been double that a year ago. I was a little burned out after grinding cooking. But even after getting a set I'm rested up now and feel like grinding the ingredients. Almost every aspect of the candies needs to be grinded out which is a little annoying.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Level 2 (Kappas) of the Sleeping Dragon Spawn in Tokuno is a great way to get the seeds for planting Sugar Cane. You can keep it at level two for as long as you need and have time to loot the kappas to get the seeds. They even drop cocoa seeds, so you really only need to grind the foil, since you can make the cocoa butter and cocoa liquor from the pulp you get from harvesting the trees.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts exactly! I tried out the foil gathering the day it went live and was quickly pretty bored with it. Sadly like a lot of things in the game now it is just a grind. Might be ok for the first 30 minutes but then just becomes boring and a chore. Then when you throw in all the other ingredients needed to make the things I just lost all interest in doing it and buying a set became far easier.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It depend of how you look at it. It may not be a great way to make money but from a RP view, it's nice. I will use the choco men as gifts. Would be great for an xmas party, to give to your guest or as present to the one who host the party.

You may call it grind, I really like, we now have a use for cacao, vanillia and sucker. Yes it take some work to get the foil, but else it would be to easy. I also believe it's hard to script to get the foil as you need to keep eyes on your heal all the time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found the foil gathering fun. Picked up a few nice drops too. Got 3 or 4 recipes I needed.... 2 or 3 pieces of the armor sets... a few relic worthy items and some other ingredients for making chocolate.

And as for folk having 100's of millions if it bores you I'll take it. You can go back to having nothing and amass a bunch. I don't have 100's of millions and believe it or not there are quite a number of players who don't have even 100M gold.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, I said I get bored easily by having millions.....but i'm not stupid ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just thought you might like to give yourself a warm fuzzy feeling with the spirit of Giving... And spreading Holiday Cheer.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought you might like to give yourself a warm fuzzy feeling with the spirit of Giving... And spreading Holiday Cheer.
I am spreading holiday cheer.....im dropping opened chocolate bars all over the place :D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem really is people have too much gold...Take each EM event...[ just saying and lets be honest ] seems to giveaway 20 x 200m prezzie's or 20 x 500m prezzies to those lucky enough to get a drop....then a while back we had a bunch of Idocs - not so many knowadays ....

But ksara...and ksara...whatever will be .... will be...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The problem really is people have too much gold...Take each EM event...[ just saying and lets be honest ] seems to giveaway 20 x 200m prezzie's or 20 x 500m prezzies to those lucky enough to get a drop....then a while back we had a bunch of Idocs - not so many knowadays ....

But ksara...and ksara...whatever will be .... will be...
Yeah the brief IDOC era was pretty sweet. They create a lot of junk rares. Purple carrots and such aren't big winners, lol. But every now and then there's a nice one. But not all that often really.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
just a quick update. I made 23 white choc, 10 regular and 13 exceptional. I received 1 card from the regular and no card from the exceptional. gm cooking.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
25 Dark Chocolate made, all exceptional, --- 2 Dupre Cards and 1 Juo'Nar, I think I've been lucky this time, probably won't get any for the next 50, har har