• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

new wierdness form this mornings login

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
some weird stuff from this morning. all chars on atlantic in tram.
one char had its new tree/plant from this years gift box missing. gingerbread man was there, not the plant. relogged and its still not there.
another char had the "failed spell" happen as soon as char appeared on screen, no spell had been cast yet.
also it seem like atleast 45 mins of playtime gets wiped right before server reset, not he 2-3 mins it used to.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
some weird stuff from this morning. all chars on atlantic in tram.
one char had its new tree/plant from this years gift box missing. gingerbread man was there, not the plant. relogged and its still not there.
another char had the "failed spell" happen as soon as char appeared on screen, no spell had been cast yet.
also it seem like atleast 45 mins of playtime gets wiped right before server reset, not he 2-3 mins it used to.

We'll that's encouraging.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time warps have been noticeably increasing. I had been logging out 5 minutes before schedule server down and was fine before. Now I'm logging out half an hour before to be safe and this is on Pacific. I imagine the busier Atlantic would have more data to back up and thus have a longer time warp.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a weird thing happen to me today as well. Did an IDOC late last night, logged out ON my beetle because I was too tired to empty it's pack. Logged in today and was standing there unmounted and physically saw my beetle log in beside me with a full backpack. Lored it and said wonderfully happy.... *shrugs*

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a weird thing happen to me today as well. Did an IDOC late last night, logged out ON my beetle because I was too tired to empty it's pack. Logged in today and was standing there unmounted and physically saw my beetle log in beside me with a full backpack. Lored it and said wonderfully happy.... *shrugs*
It's been dismounting me from pets upon log in for over a month. They log in with me so not too worried yet.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a bard that had gotten -5k karma, after getting it back up to around 2k positive, it still said Dark Lord. I logged out for the day, logged back in the next day, doll still showed Dark Lord, and karma had dropped to -5k again.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's one for ya:

Son In Law decided to play again, hadn't played for years. So after numerous password change requests (for Origin, EA, UO, everyone except the president) a couple of cursewords and 3 hours, we finally got logged in. His Chars are gone, looks like a wipe on all shards...had one noob char on Legends still, with no skills, but the ones he had worked up just aren't there...so much for him coming back ingame :cursing:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Checking on the account mismanagement page, it shows to be the correct account too, created in '09.

Herp!

Journeyman
Here's one for ya:

Son In Law decided to play again, hadn't played for years. So after numerous password change requests (for Origin, EA, UO, everyone except the president) a couple of cursewords and 3 hours, we finally got logged in. His Chars are gone, looks like a wipe on all shards...had one noob char on Legends still, with no skills, but the ones he had worked up just aren't there...so much for him coming back ingame :cursing:
Ouch.... I had to go through all that crap to recover my accounts 5-6 years ago. I feel for you, but I had all my stuff aside from the houses & everything else that was clearly going to be missing. I have to wonder if the account was hacked or used somehow while he was away? I worried about that with my account regularly. I left other games for various periods of time and came back to my characters being stripped and people telling me I was just logged in last month when I hadn't been on for 8 months to 3 years. That websites that spam gen chat are who I blame :(

Very sorry to hear this, if he'd like assistance I'm around fairly often & have loads of extra crap laying around. Just gotta wait til next week, my internet went out when the remodeling crew blew a circuit breaker. I've been getting all my internet fixes using the internets I'm on now... work internets! I play almost strictly on Legends, so holler in general chat or on here if you need anything.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I too logged on and swampy was next to me but I was on my swampy too lol. I'm thinking how I get 2 swampies. things started to attack my swampy so I say all follow me. I got off my first swampy and then only one was there lol.
sorry to hear about deleted chars/items. ive had hundreds of items get wiped off chars and banks, a few times. only items left in packs or banks was the gifts. was told by devs they don't wipe/delete but I know something happens. it seems to happen chars that are not built up yet.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
progress? or a return of server wars.
Server wars wouldn't happen. The point of them back then was to bring out your super meet gear and not care if you lost it or went red. We have insurance, and a plethora of pardons at little to no cost. No one would show..no risk no cares..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch.... I had to go through all that crap to recover my accounts 5-6 years ago. I feel for you, but I had all my stuff aside from the houses & everything else that was clearly going to be missing. I have to wonder if the account was hacked or used somehow while he was away? I worried about that with my account regularly. I left other games for various periods of time and came back to my characters being stripped and people telling me I was just logged in last month when I hadn't been on for 8 months to 3 years. That websites that spam gen chat are who I blame :(

Very sorry to hear this, if he'd like assistance I'm around fairly often & have loads of extra crap laying around. Just gotta wait til next week, my internet went out when the remodeling crew blew a circuit breaker. I've been getting all my internet fixes using the internets I'm on now... work internets! I play almost strictly on Legends, so holler in general chat or on here if you need anything.
Thanks. I think if he decides to stick it out he will probably hit up Atlantic. But thatnks for the offer =)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When I came back I had my characters and what they were wearing. Everything in their banks was gone.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I begged of the UO staff not to do an expansion. They dont realize their mistakes. Everything they do has consequences some where else in the game. THey literally can not write a single bit of code with out screwing something up.

The expansion has done exactly what i thought it would. It is a bunch of crappy content that has little thought or depth put in to it and it is causing a ton of problems in several areas of the game.

With that said, im still playing and still love the game... I guess im the fool. :)

Like a third world country building a water park in the middle of a drought.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I begged of the UO staff not to do an expansion. They dont realize their mistakes. Everything they do has consequences some where else in the game. THey literally can not write a single bit of code with out screwing something up.

The expansion has done exactly what i thought it would. It is a bunch of crappy content that has little thought or depth put in to it and it is causing a ton of problems in several areas of the game.

With that said, im still playing and still love the game... I guess im the fool. :)

Like a third world country building a water park in the middle of a drought.

Dinosaurs?!?!?

Oh that's right!! Ultima lore a million years before sosaria!! Obvious placement..portal through Destard...cause obviously dragons are the dinosaurs predecessor. :doh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk