• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone PLEASE FIX IT SO YOU CAN LOG INTO THE GAME?

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please fix this?? having to enter the information several times to LOG INTO the GAME - the most has been 8 so far is really horrible - please FIX IT - its been going on fro about a week & it just seems to get worse every day

.... Thank you

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14 times trying to log in & still get error message- is there ANYONE at BROAD Sword who can look at this ????????

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's bad. I cannot believe they have let it go this long. Maybe everyone's gone for the holidays already?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Haven't been able to get past this message once in the past 15 minutes of trying to log in.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had been quiet, just dealing with it, but tonight I will find something else to do after the kids go to bed because it is worse with others seemingly logging in for events or gifts.

It reminds me of when a store within the community has those double doors, where the store owner unlocks one side of the doors, but not the other. It's like they're not sure if they really want me around because my first try is for the wrong door, but here with UO I cannot get in on any of my first 10+ tries..

*sigh*

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea its been a blast trying to do trading with people and having to sign in 20 times only to keep seeing problems communicating...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't notice any issues logging in but about the 3rd shard the game crashed and I haven't bothered logging in since.

Once i had the two recipes I needed the rest is crap anyways.

Herp!

Journeyman
Try this... Cuz I haven't had a single issue since about 7pm last night.

Can't remember who told me this but it has made it so I've been getting in in 1-2 tries.

Type your info, click outside of the boxes so that you have no typing cursor or highlighted text, click the arrow to log on. Do not press enter... for the love of god, don't do it! I know we are all in the habit of type and hit enter... JUST DON'T DO IT.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think its because everyone is machine gunning there chars to collect the holiday token gifts on every shard ... well its idea... thats overloading causing the error logging into origin message

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think its because everyone is machine gunning there chars to collect the holiday token gifts on every shard ... well its idea... thats overloading causing the error logging into origin message
Or perhaps the umpteen million people trying to do holiday shopping on Amazon (who hosts our servers now) are trumping our bandwidth.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe only been like it since the 1st though.... just a thought

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i had something funky happen last night.....i was getting the problems connecting same bs...kept trying to log in then a little windowed box popped up and said FATAL , it had an ok to click. i clicked it...whole uo client closes........when i open client back up my user name was not typed it.......it was the user name of an idoc storage acct that i havent been on in over a year.........dunno what the hell happened

Herp!

Journeyman
Likely that was the last time your client had a fatal error. Puters do fun things when they have fatal errors.. such as reverting to a year ago. I've woken up to my computer being frozen, rebooted, and uo was no longer installed on the computer. So at least that didn't happen lol.

Or for that matter just 2 days ago, I was running down to check and see if shadow wyrm were open for farming... got to the demon room, screen inverted and looked as though someone had just started pulling the top right of my monitor off. All control inverted and everything. Reopen client, still that way... reopen a 3rd time, still like that but controls worked, ran back up toward the ramps to destard 1&3, screen fixed... haven't EVER encountered that with any game, or in CC that was def EC breaking.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Likely that was the last time your client had a fatal error. Puters do fun things when they have fatal errors.. such as reverting to a year ago. I've woken up to my computer being frozen, rebooted, and uo was no longer installed on the computer. So at least that didn't happen lol.
was just odd though, it didnt effect anything else on my pc...just my uo client

Herp!

Journeyman
Umm, no, it was happening last week as well, for some of us anyway
Indeed, I've been experiencing this issue for 2 weeks. Some days worse than others... the night of Dec 1, I disconnected while doing a t2a lord oaks at 230 am (safe play ;) ) couldn't get back in for 20 minutes... lost so much progression I couldn't fix the spawn and had to bail out and just do another spawn... need my skulls so I can do harrowers at server reset time to avoid the inevitable raids and exit guardians that like to steal my scrolls when they beat me to a pulp with 3:1 ratios I cannot combat.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah this started effecting me now as well it was fine for like a week after the first "fix". But now its back to being god awful.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had been quiet, just dealing with it, but tonight I will find something else to do after the kids go to bed because it is worse with others seemingly logging in for events or gifts.

It reminds me of when a store within the community has those double doors, where the store owner unlocks one side of the doors, but not the other. It's like they're not sure if they really want me around because my first try is for the wrong door, but here with UO I cannot get in on any of my first 10+ tries..

*sigh*
little tip ... it's always the door with the lock on it that's open first :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geez. All you guys do is whine. You complain about things like not being able to activate your accounts or that things are poorly designed. Then you complain that you can't use the search functions or transfer your characters. NOW you have the audacity to complain about not being able to log in?? Geez you act like you pay for this game..... o_O

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm going to have to call BS. People were shopping on Amazon last year... we didn't have this issue. People log in and out a million times EVERY time we get gifts... be they anniversary or Valentines or whatever...

But the fact remains that since the Auction Safes have been introduced things have gone bonkers. My guess is the added checks to server etc.... from those are causing some sort of issue.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or perhaps the umpteen million people trying to do holiday shopping on Amazon (who hosts our servers now) are trumping our bandwidth.
Oh god, really? It's going to be hell for the next 22 days.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I logged in again yesterday through a couple shards without any issues.

I think i received the error once out of 21 times I logged in.

I don't know if I'm extremely lucky or this thread is exaggerated a bit.

Dethsius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I find that if you click the Log In button, you have a greater chance of getting in. If you hit enter, chances are you wont be able to. When I click the button, It takes me only a couple of times to get in, usually the second try. Hitting the enter key never ever lets me log in.

odd...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
/sarcasm "We are aware of your concerns. We do plan on addressing this in the future. While we have no plans to address the login system currently, it's certainly something we'll take a look at when we work on the login feature in upcoming publishes. We realize many players do like to login into the game and it is on our radar".

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes it logs in real quick, sometimes I get the cannot connect to origin message several times in a row. I am just playing another game until this is resolved. Can someone post here when it does? If you @Podolak I'll get the notice and try to play again.

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I finished up getting my gifts on all the shards and honestly I got the error 100's of times sometimes as many as 6 or 8 times in a row. Sometimes I could log in a whole shard without a problem...

As for the rumor of using the log in button over just hitting enter... nice day dream but either way it failed.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got my gifts, not much of a problem at all, except for all of the gifts sitting in the packs of my production shard characters, lol. Anyone have Mugen stuff they want to trade to Siege, lol. Found a green soulstone token. Not sure how I got that one...la

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to have to call BS. People were shopping on Amazon last year... we didn't have this issue. People log in and out a million times EVERY time we get gifts... be they anniversary or Valentines or whatever...

But the fact remains that since the Auction Safes have been introduced things have gone bonkers. My guess is the added checks to server etc.... from those are causing some sort of issue.
I just think it's funny the first sentence is I'm going to call BS. :D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies that squashes the machine gunning logging for gifts with every char theory well into touch

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finished up getting my gifts on all the shards and honestly I got the error 100's of times sometimes as many as 6 or 8 times in a row. Sometimes I could log in a whole shard without a problem...

As for the rumor of using the log in button over just hitting enter... nice day dream but either way it failed.
Except it isn't the shards that are the issue, it is the login server. I doubt that any checks are being done to any game content just to get past entering your password.

The issue popped up well before gifts went live and they thought it was fixed, but then it came back. Since it isn't down entirely, it seems to be an issue with processing the request... Seems like bandwidth to me. Of course it could be many technical issues...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Except it isn't the shards that are the issue, it is the login server. I doubt that any checks are being done to any game content just to get past entering your password.

The issue popped up well before gifts went live and they thought it was fixed, but then it came back. Since it isn't down entirely, it seems to be an issue with processing the request... Seems like bandwidth to me. Of course it could be many technical issues...
The Auction Safes were put into the TC when things went wonky for me. I've had more problems since pub 90 went live then ever. Anymore it takes a good 5 min to log in most the time and it gets worse as the day goes on.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been logging into my secondary account tonight and it has done it just as much tonight as last night.

Herp!

Journeyman
I've not had an issue logging in since 12/1. I've been logging in from 4 different wifi/hardwired locations. I play on a low pop shard but I believe most people have been having trouble getting past the password entry... not just getting on to the shard. Don't know what to say at this point other than, I'm sorry mine works and yours doesn't. To further my statement, I just logged in and out 25 times in a row on 2 separate comps with both of my accounts. Seems to me this situation has become isolated.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just got my gifts, not much of a problem at all, except for all of the gifts sitting in the packs of my production shard characters, lol. Anyone have Mugen stuff they want to trade to Siege, lol. Found a green soulstone token. Not sure how I got that one...la
I have a few Siege but you erased my signature so... I dunno.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please fix this?? having to enter the information several times to LOG INTO the GAME - the most has been 8 so far is really horrible - please FIX IT - its been going on fro about a week & it just seems to get worse every day

.... Thank you
Friday morning 8 am EST and NOW its YET WORSE- It just sits there at the grey log in screen\
n- REALLLY??
its the 18 Anniversary & the log in screen for the game hasn't been figured out yet??????????

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive noticed, if I click the arrow button on bottom right of login screen instead of pushing enter button, I can log in much more often.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i logged in multiple times tonight getting gifts and it did not happen once.