• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Em Event calendar

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I happened to log into LS tonight to check on a transfer.

Found out there was an event going on, and thought it was odd i didnt know about it. SO i double checked the fancy new em event calendar at UO.com' website. Events for December 2015 | Ultima Online and I didnt see it.

I asked the EM if he posted it and he said yes. So does the calendar not work or is the EM lying?

em event.PNG

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That calendar seems rather buggy. I've seen a events on it that will disappear mysteriously, which persists through refreshing, then they just as mysteriously reappear hours later.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never saw anything for LS posted, and I check the calendar everyday.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never saw anything for LS posted, and I check the calendar everyday.
yeah i check every sunday to see what events ill be able to make. Never saw that one posted.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LS doesnt post anywhere. not posting the information makes the new uo.com look worthless and gives an element of validity to accusations of corruption that wouldnt exist if it were simply posted publicly.

in truth, uo.com is only good for about half the shards. the other EMs seem to not want to be bothered with it. which is really a shame. another blown opportunity to promote the game.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I definitely feel as though it should be a requirement for all EMs to post their dates on uo.com. How far out? im not really sure, but i imagine 4 days out would be a happy compromise.

Facebook and other means of communication should definitely be second to posting on the actual uo.com site. Why even go through the trouble if your own employees dont even use the tools given to them.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted the events I guess I did not post them right. (user error). There is nothing wrong with the website. There were about 50-70 people at the event tonight. For those people from other shards that did not make it due to my error I am sorry. We are all human and we make mistakes....no further comment on this subject.
Thanks for the reply @EM Chance glad to know we still have some EMs that check up on stratics.

EM Chance

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I posted the events I guess I did not post them right. (user error). There is nothing wrong with the website. There were about 50-70 people at the event tonight. For those people from other shards that did not make it due to my error I am sorry. We are all human and we make mistakes....Again I am sorry for anyone who missed the event. It not about keeping people away from an event.....Trust me i want 100-200 people at my events.....That would be great....again its not anyone fault but mine. I typed out the events and I dont know why they did not post on UO.com all I can assume is my error.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted the events I guess I did not post them right. (user error). There is nothing wrong with the website. There were about 50-70 people at the event tonight. For those people from other shards that did not make it due to my error I am sorry. We are all human and we make mistakes....Again I am sorry for anyone who missed the event. It not about keeping people away from an event.....Trust me i want 100-200 people at my events.....That would be great....again its not anyone fault but mine. I typed out the events and I dont know why they did not post on UO.com all I can assume is my error.
Nice collusion buddy.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's not just people from "other shards" that depend on the EMs to post events ahead of time, with all the avenues to display and notify people about events there's really no excuse.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
On a broader issue outside of this LS event (that I also missed), I think there is more to discuss here. This isn't an indictment of any EM specifically, but there really needs to be some sort requirement (as Scribbles said) for EM's to at least post their schedule. The uo.com EM calendar usually looks pretty good... halfway through the month. And even then it is missing a good amount of Asian events, and you have shards like Europa whose EM only posts on a decently obscure Facebook fan page.

For each EM, doing a maximum of 4 or 5 events a month, it really is not asking too much to post the events name (not even wholly necessary, could just be "event") with the correct time and date (the EMs post the wrong time zone often, and it's not a conversion error on my part- see Oceania, which posts in Eastern Australia time when that is not the time their last 4 events have started), in a timely fashion, within the first week of the month or so. I really do not think that is too much.

On another topic, what is up with the shard.uoem.net sites? Half of them do not have a site hosted anymore, another quarter haven't been updated or are "under construction" for many months, and a small amount of them actually have updated info for the current month, within the first week or so of the month. And to compound this, you have other shards that primarily post their events on a thread in their shard Stratics forum, ignoring all other avenues, for most months.

And don't even get me started on town criers.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is I am VERY glad that GLs has two of the BEST EMs in the game. Now sometimes they get a tad slow at getting out the monthly schedule and sometimes there are changes to it... but for the most part @EM Elizabella and @EM Malachi are awesome at keeping the community on GLs informed and keeping to a schedule that often allows the most people to attend. Now whether or not folk bother to read what they post is a whole other can of worms.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As I understand EMs aren't allowed to post to Stratics. You need to check UO.com or many have Facebook going now.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As I understand EMs aren't allowed to post to Stratics.
I don't know if that is necessarily true, not every EM has posted here, many do not any longer after they started setting up Facebook pages, and there are a couple who still post here.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't know if that is necessarily true, not every EM has posted here, many do not any longer after they started setting up Facebook pages, and there are a couple who still post here.
That's what I "heard" from someone who should know. I know if we wanna get the skinny on Legends we head over to Facebook.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there is more to discuss here. This isn't an indictment of any EM specifically, but there really needs to be some sort requirement (as Scribbles said) for EM's to at least post their schedule. The uo.com EM calendar usually looks pretty good... halfway through the month. And even then it is missing a good amount of Asian events, and you have shards like Europa whose EM only posts on a decently obscure Facebook fan page.
You may not have intended that post as an indictment, but you did single me out ;)

I'm curious as to why? I'd like to think I'm at least decent, if not pretty good, with event announcements:

I have always announced my events on the towncriers.
Since March this year I have announced all my events on Facebook. A page run by me, not a fan. And all my Facebook posts are shared to the official Ultima Online Facebook page.
Since the introduction of the events calendar on UO.com I have also announced all my events there.

@DJ Diddles and anybody else; if you have trouble finding out about events on Europa please do let me know. You can message me on Facebook or email me.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may not have intended that post as an indictment, but you did single me out ;)

I'm curious as to why? I'd like to think I'm at least decent, if not pretty good, with event announcements:

Since March this year I have announced all my events on Facebook. A page run by me, not a fan. And all my Facebook posts are shared to the official Ultima Online Facebook page.
Since the introduction of the events calendar on UO.com I have also announced all my events there.

@DJ Diddles and anybody else; if you have trouble finding out about events on Europa please do let me know. You can message me on Facebook or email me.
ive had trouble. the events often arent posted on the calender, and the facebook page is somtimes added to so close to the day of the event that its easy to miss. since you asked, thats been my experience.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Why should I have to go to FACEBOOK to read about UO when UO has its own site, UO.COM if you were unaware and also we have UOStratics. I am sorry if you take this wrong but IMHO it is total BS that we have to go to so many sites to read about UO.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why should I have to go to FACEBOOK to read about UO when UO has its own site, UO.COM if you were unaware and also we have UOStratics. I am sorry if you take this wrong but IMHO it is total BS that we have to go to so many sites to read about UO.
Stratics isn't affiliated with managed or owned by Broadsword, The EM's and Devs are welcome to post here, and interact with the community, but we're not part of their official structure. If they chose to explore other avenues though, we don't have any say on it.

Now even though I'm part of the staff here, if the EM's and Dev's want to post information somewhere about events in a unified location, it would probably be best done on the official UO.com site, we can always put that information on our calendar either ourselves, a community member can transcribe it, or if the EM's or Dev's wish they can have accounts here and post it on our calendar as well, the fragmentation of locations for the information though I agree is over complicating things and could probably be handled better.