• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inside UO

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people like to use it for designing, Mesanna often suggests it, but as most of you know, it stopped working when Mythic changed the file types.
I've done some looking into this, most of the required files are still in the CC folder and you simply need to edit the file paths to point to them, however there are just 5 vital files that are missing.
What is needed is a copy of those files before the upgrade.
I (personally, not Stratics) do have a back up of the older files, but I'm afraid I hadn't been very diligent about keeping my backup upto date.
Here are the missing, vital file names, and the dates and sizes of the copies I have.
Code:
art.mul         06/12/2010     110,884kb
artidx.mul     06/12/2010     960kb
gumpart.mul     11/10/2010      57,722kb
gumpidx.mul     11/10/2010     718kb
map0.mul     26/10/2010     87,808kb
If anyone can better those, and send me them, I would be delighted to re-instate the insideuo download page. It's still there, just not visible. Here's the link http://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/insideuo/
Also on that page is a download of the source code

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I could provide you with these versions (latest versions right before the conversion to the uop format in march 2012):
Code:
art.mul       11.01.2012   115'042'942
artidx.mul    11.01.2012       982'608
gumpart.mul   26.10.2011    61'253'976
gumpidx.mul   26.10.2011       734'928
map0.mul      11.01.2012    89'915'392  (that could be the snowy map - have to verify that)
I will contact you via PM with a (private) download link to get the files if you wish. (Or, if you have space where I could upload them directly to Stratics, you could contact me - whatever is easier for you.)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the n00b question but what is Inside UO for?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
designing things like town banners, the bank deco contest etc.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a free form thing
its kinda like the customize house thing for a house plot, except its for the game itself.
so you can use all the in game graphics to create stuff like a town banner or stuff for contests (like the brit bank one)
some people have used it to make little video comics in years past.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry for the n00b question but what is Inside UO for?
Inside UO is a program that reads all of the internal files and converts them into a displayable format.

For the EC and possibly the newer files, you want the program UO Reader.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uo reader would give access to the most recent artwork.

It is a little difficult to find things, but I've found Pinco's item id function helps with that enormously.

Selistrana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
could someone get InsideUO to work, the UO:Reader is not the same, no copy Files, no Thumbnails to all Items, you have to search for years.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You're right it hasn't worked for a very long time and you can't submit a banner without working one up using something. Honestly it's like they promote folk going to free servers and messing around since you honestly need to get the items to put them together in some sort of paint like program to use to build a design and submit it. It's not like out can go out in the world and do things. Now one work around is to build things on a plot ... but as it was quickly found with the "redo" the bank deco contest ..... the only way to really do that and win was to go start up a free server or have access to one and design away.... since a project that big really needed help. So many who I'm sure WOULD have designed something awesome couldn't.

At any rate having the codes for ID's and such and being able to find things in the art is kinda fun and interesting.... and extremely useful if you are decorating and such something like a banner or even a memorial. But it hasn't worked in a very long time and most of us don't keep old versions of UO files laying about.

But having something like that working again would be nice..... would also be nice if someone could get UOBuilder working again since that allowed you to use a program that basically allowed you to use something outside UO to simulate customization of housing. And it would be nice if we had something like that to redesign castles and keeps so we could submit them for consideration. But that's not likely to happen either.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've actually gotten fairly competent at find things in uoreader. If I can help at all, please just drop me a pm.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
could someone get InsideUO to work, the UO:Reader is not the same, no copy Files, no Thumbnails to all Items, you have to search for years.
The problem with InsideUO is none of us have the source code for it, we can't update it to make it work. Unless the original author of it decides to take it on, it is stuck in its current state.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to get inside UO working you have to convert the uop files to mul..but it does still work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order to get inside UO working you have to convert the uop files to mul..but it does still work
I've looked into converting the .uop files, but there doesn't seem to be anything that accomplishes the task without jumping through a lot of hoops.

The hilarious thing is, this was done to stop the free shards from stealing the modern art assets...but they know how to easily gut and rebuild the .uop files without a problem. Its just another measure to curtail cheating that's only harmed the honest players.

So if you have something that easily converts the files, please share with the class!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've looked into converting the .uop files, but there doesn't seem to be anything that accomplishes the task without jumping through a lot of hoops.

The hilarious thing is, this was done to stop the free shards from stealing the modern art assets...but they know how to easily gut and rebuild the .uop files without a problem. Its just another measure to curtail cheating that's only harmed the honest players.

So if you have something that easily converts the files, please share with the class!
I don't think I can technically "share" it here. But if you google it it isn't exactly hard to find. Just takes a bit of poking around. Partially because you can then convert them back and "hack" the art files, if you wanted to put in the extra work. Convert .UOP to .MUL is where I'd most likely start if I was looking..

Imho it shouldn't be taboo..they should encourage the community to design new art work. Put out the files used for EC and if you make a new weapon type make it in both clients could expedite faster art publishs
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right it hasn't worked for a very long time and you can't submit a banner without working one up using something. Honestly it's like they promote folk going to free servers and messing around since you honestly need to get the items to put them together in some sort of paint like program to use to build a design and submit it. It's not like out can go out in the world and do things. Now one work around is to build things on a plot ... but as it was quickly found with the "redo" the bank deco contest ..... the only way to really do that and win was to go start up a free server or have access to one and design away.... since a project that big really needed help. So many who I'm sure WOULD have designed something awesome couldn't.

At any rate having the codes for ID's and such and being able to find things in the art is kinda fun and interesting.... and extremely useful if you are decorating and such something like a banner or even a memorial. But it hasn't worked in a very long time and most of us don't keep old versions of UO files laying about.

But having something like that working again would be nice..... would also be nice if someone could get UOBuilder working again since that allowed you to use a program that basically allowed you to use something outside UO to simulate customization of housing. And it would be nice if we had something like that to redesign castles and keeps so we could submit them for consideration. But that's not likely to happen either.
No...la