• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trinket

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have a conjurer's trinket owned by a char on one account,,before pub,that char was the only one who can wear it i believe,,now all my accounts can wear it while the owner name stays the same,,,,,,,anyone else have that done?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did it say "Blessed for CharName" on it? Or was it an old faction orny?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was blessed with a character-based bless deed (and said a character name on it), then anyone could still use it but it wouldn't have been blessed for them. If it just said blessed (without a name) then anyone could use it and it would be blessed for them.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But he's saying it's an "Owned by" talisman, what does that have to do with blessed deeds or personal bless deeds? I've never been able to use an "Owned by" talisman on any other char.

Edit: Oh my I just took an "Owned By" Talisman out of my archers box that he has worn many times and put it right on my thunter, wow, something broke or maybe just another one of the changes intended they don't tell us about and evidently don't want us to know?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But he's saying it's an "Owned by" talisman, what does that have to do with blessed deeds or personal bless deeds? I've never been able to use an "Owned by" talisman on any other char.

Edit: Oh my I just took an "Owned By" Talisman out of my archers box that he has worn many times and put it right on my thunter, wow, something broke or maybe just another one of the changes intended they don't tell us about and evidently don't want us to know?
Um... that doesn't sound right. Thinking that @Bleak and @Kyronix need to look into that.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I used an owned by talisman with another toon without knowing it putting a suit together. When I reclogged got the message you do not own that, was like umm. Looked trinket was in pack unequipped, then put it back on no issue. If it's blessed for blah blah with a bless deed you can take bless deed off with the original toon and use it again. If the item is just blessed it's blessed.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested this. Owned by Slither and Trinket can be used by any character on any account. VvV items still can only be used by the character listed as Owner.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any character can wear an owned by talisman, however it will only be blessed for the person whose name is on it. If another character uses it and dies. It will fall on the corpse and can be looted.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any character can wear an owned by talisman, however it will only be blessed for the person whose name is on it. If another character uses it and dies. It will fall on the corpse and can be looted.
Really because I never could have any of my other crafters wear my one crafters talisman and after I had transferred shards awhile back with him he couldn't even wear it... because it didn't recognize him anymore... so something has Definitely changed recently.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but it did not used to be this way. I accidentally put an owned by no-one talisman on and it linked to the wrong character, I was unable to put it on the character that had the skill. Guess I can no though

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, before you could NOT equip an "Owned By" talisman that had been equipped and named for another character. It has always been this way since they came out, has nothing to do with bless deeds nor personal bless deeds, if it was "Owned By", once you put it on a character it belonged to that character and no other character could equip it. This has evidently changed recently.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, before you could NOT equip an "Owned By" talisman that had been equipped and named for another character. It has always been this way since they came out, has nothing to do with bless deeds nor personal bless deeds, if it was "Owned By", once you put it on a character it belonged to that character and no other character could equip it. This has evidently changed recently.
Hopefully it was an intended change and it's here to stay. The original/previous 'owned by' talisman system where only the 1 person could equip it is useless and shouldn't haven ever existed.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its been at least a year since this change, prob more like 2 or 3. Its was definitely intended.

If you transfer shards DON'T bring PBD items with you(remove the deed 1st) or "Owned by".
Transfers change item id numbers & you wont be able to remove your PBD off the item later. You have to page a GM.
The item will also NOT be blessed for that character even though it says so. If you die it will drop on your corpse.
Just a warning fellow shard hoppers :).

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think its been at least a year since this change, prob more like 2 or 3. Its was definitely intended.

If you transfer shards DON'T bring PBD items with you(remove the deed 1st) or "Owned by".
Transfers change item id numbers & you wont be able to remove your PBD off the item later. You have to page a GM.
The item will also NOT be blessed for that character even though it says so. If you die it will drop on your corpse.
Just a warning fellow shard hoppers :).
I transferred a character who had on an "Owned By" slither. Are you saying that it is no longer blessed?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would check to be sure. I stopped transferring all blessed/owned by items on chars years ago because of the glitches.

Please post and let us know. I'd love to know if its been fixed.

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would check to be sure. I stopped transferring all blessed/owned by items on chars years ago because of the glitches.

Please post and let us know. I'd love to know if its been fixed.
The owned by slither is still blessed on this transferred character!!

Vulcan Firebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was clueless to this Change until I found one of these doing the Roof. Excitement got the best of me in the moments following the drop. To be honest, I popped it onto my Bard to show it to the fellas, without noticing the "owned by.." mod. Out of shear desperation, I attempted to place it on the Sampire, and this is what i got! Thank you UO, Not only can i wear this near disaster, but I can finally use some old 30/30 talismans I've had laying around for a decade!

Repond Owned By Someone Else.png