• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Becoming a Citizen of a Town, what am I doing wrong?

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I last did this. I went to the Loyalty menu, clicked Citizen Loyalty, chose my town, and became a citizen. Go Yew! Now I'm at the town's stone and Herald, I donate a million gold for the Baron title, the gold leaves my bank. But now when I go back to the City Loyalty menu it says I haven't received the right to become Baron. Like an idiot, I do this a few times and lose a few million gold. Has something broken? This is on Atlantic by the way.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I last did this. I went to the Loyalty menu, clicked Citizen Loyalty, chose my town, and became a citizen. Go Yew! Now I'm at the town's stone and Herald, I donate a million gold for the Baron title, the gold leaves my bank. But now when I go back to the City Loyalty menu it says I haven't received the right to become Baron. Like an idiot, I do this a few times and lose a few million gold. Has something broken? This is on Atlantic by the way.
You have to gain reputation with the city, in addition to paying the money, before you can choose the title.

City Loyalty | Ultima Online