• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Foil? what Foil? Macaws? what Macaws? Recipes? What recipes?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well today I saw the pictures of the flocks of Macaws and thought I would go take a look. I also read that foil spawned and you had to pick it up and it spawned Macaws. Having looked round for an hour or so at the locations shown I saw not a single piece of foil and not a Macaw in sight either. Wouldn't think much of it a a one off but since the introduction of Eodon and killing no end of denizens I have seen not a single recipe of any kind and believe me I have looked .Had masteries drop ok and berries without number. but recipes? forget it. Must be just me I guess but it sure seems odd somehow.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Dev Team had a change of plans of getting the foil. To get it now you need to go back to the area and "tug" the foil you see, may take a few tries. Eventually macaws will pop out. Kill them to have a chance at looting the foil from their bodies.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering why I hadn't found any recipes to loot off corpses, until one popped into my pack like a Doom Artifact. I imagine you need to build up point to get a drop much like Doom and Martie's.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering why I hadn't found any recipes to loot off corpses, until one popped into my pack like a Doom Artifact. I imagine you need to build up point to get a drop much like Doom and Martie's.
Correct. High luck somehow betters your chances of getting a drop, but as with all things luck-related, its a maddeningly opaque design.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
does anyone know exactly what we make with the foil? and is there a special thing?
The new nutcracker chocolates are made with the foil. But the recipe will be available as a choice of Christmas gifts.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does anyone know exactly what we make with the foil? and is there a special thing?
We get a token as a Christmas gift. One of the options off the token is a Nutcracker Recipe for making 3 different chocolate Nutcrackers. The foil is an ingredient needed to wrap them in. Once a player "unwraps" one, there is a chance for a rare Card Of Semidar. Four different cards that can be traded among players.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not live on Europa yet.
Looks like you were right and Worldwide didn't include Europa till today, they are there today, for me that just leaves the mystery of the recipes, I have been there most days since Eodon started and my kill total must be quite large and still as yet no recipes at all.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've done, oh, 20 turtle spawns. I got my first recipe last night, then bam 3 in a row in a single spawn.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murphy's law appears to be in league with the dratted RNG on this one. If you want recipes you get Aloron armor drops, and if you want Aloron's armor you get recipes. Now I suppose there'll be the new armor drop too, Darden’s Armor.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
so does a recipe allow you to make all parts of that armor type or only for instance Dragon Turtle Tunic, Dragon Turtle Leggings ... etc...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A point system where WE could choose our reward would be preferable. The RNG-reliant systems that give us a random (usually an undesirable) rewards get a bit old...quickly. I keep getting the armor pieces when I want the recipes. I pretty much never intend on dressing a dinosaur slaying cat...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, so with the near non-existing drops for recipes, to be able to make a suit seems to much off a hassle. Is the armor even worth all this trouble,?
Its only chest x2/arms/legs/helm in a vaguely roman-looking scalemail type armor. See my post here for more.

But getting the recipes is only the first hurdle, you also need to get scute off the dragon turtle...and that's handed in the poorest way possible - first come, first serve. Fortunately, one successful skinning of the turtle will supply you with enough scute for a 2-3 suits.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
What company would put a rotten lich card in their candy? lol Just sounds funny to me. Sure there have been some pretty gross bubble gum cards in the past. Even when I was a little kid, way back, we had Mars Attacks cards that were a little grizzly for a kid (and we loved it). But it still strikes me as funny. That being said I'm looking forward to the cards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What company would put a rotten lich card in their candy? lol Just sounds funny to me. Sure there have been some pretty gross bubble gum cards in the past. Even when I was a little kid, way back, we had Mars Attacks cards that were a little grizzly for a kid (and we loved it). But it still strikes me as funny. That being said I'm looking forward to the cards.
Do you not recall Garbage Pail Kids? Garbage Pail Kids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
where do you find this foil to pull and these Macaws?
i found Willy the Chocolate maker but i cant seem to find where to spawn these birds at.

anyone want to give the slow kid a clue to work with?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where do you find this foil to pull and these Macaws?
i found Willy the Chocolate maker but i cant seem to find where to spawn these birds at.

anyone want to give the slow kid a clue to work with?
From the chocolate maker, keep heading straight west. Run through the first square temple/platform, keep going past the little fountain building to the north and just past the fountains you'll run into the pyramid with the nests and foil.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they replaced the Lag-a-thon Pyramid with the new spawn. Just spent about an hour and got 10 using an RC to kill them, so maybe a 25% drop rate. Also got a recipe for the Jester Shoes (which I already had :( and a couple of chocolate mats.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah they replaced the Lag-a-thon Pyramid with the new spawn. Just spent about an hour and got 10 using an RC to kill them, so maybe a 25% drop rate. Also got a recipe for the Jester Shoes (which I already had :( and a couple of chocolate mats.
you get one foil per 'nest'
i just did 30 nests and got 30 foil.
get 1-3 birds to spawn per nest.

disco + greater dragon = for the win!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you get one foil per 'nest'
i just did 30 nests and got 30 foil.
get 1-3 birds to spawn per nest.

disco + greater dragon = for the win!
I used my Full 4x120 Bard... Pull the foil run a bit turn provoke the little buggers cast two EV's fizzle a hundred times... wail a wee bit go pull some more foil provoke, kept 2 or 3 packs of the little devil birds pecking one another eyes out.... got about 71 foil or so called it a day.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think you have to kill 100-200 of pre dragon turtle spawn for a chance at a reciepe

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wow, so with the near non-existing drops for recipes, to be able to make a suit seems to much off a hassle. Is the armor even worth all this trouble,?
What fun would it be if you had all the recipes after a week? I don't mind the fact, that it may take me afew month before I have all the new recipes. Yes some may get them before me but I will get them.
This way, I can sell the ones I already have.

So far I have the Chef's hat, the evening dress, 2 of the skirts and think 3 of the tiger armor recipes. I do look forward to I can imbue my first Tina Tink Tiger suit and put it on my vendor and the day I can make both a female and a male suit. Alot tigers are going to die and maybe this new birds too.

I also want to make a white and a black tiger suit. I may sune have enough black tiger pelt, but will take some time to get the white one as the white tigers are very rare.

If I got this recipes to easy, I would have no reason to keep hunting tigers. Same with the folie, it's not hard to get, even when it's will take more time now.

Thank Devs for a great work with balancing it :heart:@Mesanna

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which spawn drops recipes (into pack)? anything in eodon? turtle champ spawn only?

Selistrana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I really Love the new Tiger Pelt Armor and the Dragon Turtle Armor and the new Cloth .... but now we come to the Point where i want to Rage! Where of the Hell are the Tiger Pelt Recipe Arms and Gloves, the Dragon Turtle Neck and Gloves Recipes? Both Armors are not complete! Please give us the rest Recipes too. OMG or i will Rage and Kill some poor Felu Peoples with Mr. Moo my Turtle. :yell::bdh:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Studded armor is a 5 piece suit - no helm. Chain armor is a 3 piece suit - no arms, gloves or gorget. Ringmail armor is a 4 piece suit - no helm, no gorget. In fact relatively few armor types have all 6 pieces.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Studded armor is a 5 piece suit - no helm. Chain armor is a 3 piece suit - no arms, gloves or gorget. Ringmail armor is a 4 piece suit - no helm, no gorget. In fact relatively few armor types have all 6 pieces.
It would probably mesh well with Bone armor, no?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would probably mesh well with Bone armor, no?
Maybe, but I wouldn't. Tiger and dragon turtle seem to both be classed as 'leather', so medable. Looking at what the tribes wear, maybe mix with mempo, hiro sode and ninja mitts?

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
But...but...if I make the chocolate, wrap it in foil, won't I have to have the card to put in it... ? we don't want strangers putting strange items in the foods we cook, now, do we?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another 5 days at Eodon since I made this post and the recipe drought continues. As I have been visiting Eodon since it was introduced on Oct 8th I cant see the drops being an accumulated total. I have been killing with about 1400 luck so either that is not high enough or the RNG hates me. Still think something is odd.