• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 Magery Powerscroll and still close to half my EVs fizzle, wtf?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Mesanna

Finally got a 120 magery scroll and thought Yay!!! no more over half my EVs fizzling! 100% 8th level spells!!! Yeah, right... still close to half fizzle. :rant2:

Last edited:

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You did raise the skill to 120 not just eat the scroll? Just wondering because I am at 120 I don't fizzle Ev's. What is your eval. int. level? Maybe that needs to be 120 also.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 scroll raises your cap, not your skill...

Holding a Mage weapon can also lower your success chance if it isn't compensated for with other items.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, what is your real skill? Train your Margery to 120, the scroll only opens up you ability to raise the skill to 120, you still have to raise it. Put on jewelry to cap it to 120 and cast. It sounds to me like some training is coming for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Untitledbit.jpg

:rolleyes: Been here a while people.

With jewelry, have 121 Magery, 95 real skill with +26 from ring & bracelet to have GM mage weapons.

EDIT: And a Scrapper's Compendium doesn't lower skill.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a GM Mage weapon?
100 Magery skill remaining when holding a mage weapon.

With the -21 from his mage weapons (best with no special imbuing ingredients needed to make it) his Magery skill for the games combat math formula is 100 (GM) which I've read adds some extra benefit with some skills. May no longer be true after the release of powerscrolls but it's only one skill point more in Magery so why not? :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100 Magery skill remaining when holding a mage weapon.

With the -21 from his mage weapons (best with no special imbuing ingredients needed to make it) his Magery skill for the games combat math formula is 100 (GM) which I've read adds some extra benefit with some skills. May no longer be true after the release of powerscrolls but it's only one skill point more in Magery so why not? :)
Well if you are holding the mage weapon, then that is what causes you to fizzle...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you are holding the mage weapon, then that is what causes you to fizzle...
Yeah, with only GM skill due to the weapon, EV's do fizzle a lot. Thing is, with the Scrapper's Compendium he uses as a rule, his Magery stays at 120 skill, so why are EV's commonly fizzling?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have to actually see it happen to guess beyond what has been suggested in this thread.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to actually see it happen to guess beyond what has been suggested in this thread.
The dragons in Destard I hunt for hides are certainly enjoying it. Fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, munch!

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Have you really died? Something seems up in UO and you have to die to get some benefits or have some negatives removed. Like the reveal from Blackthorn's dungeon for example. When I notice stuff odd I let something kill me near a healer.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you really died? Something seems up in UO and you have to die to get some benefits or have some negatives removed. Like the reveal from Blackthorn's dungeon for example. When I notice stuff odd I let something kill me near a healer.
Not since doing the scroll. Nothings done my hide in yet, gotten good at doing a Snagglepus. :mf_prop:

A dirtnap is worth a try, I'll finish this merchant ship and give a dragon a treat.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dead by dragon then 25 EVs casted, about half & half in and outside of Destard, one fizzled inside. This I can deal with.

Got to just dirtnap before pancakes next time.