• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uhhh.... Houston... we have a problem? (Transfer Issue) HELP?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to transfer a character from Chesapeake to Atlantic. I knew my 24 hour transfer timer was up sometime this morning but I didn't remember exactly when. I logged in and made the attempt and it said I had to wait 118 minutes. No sweat, I'll log back in after 2 hours and make that happen.

Problem comes when I log on to Atlantic. I select Atlantic to go stock some vendors and BAM... transfer popup that tells you have to wait because a transfer is in progress. I go back to Chesapeake and it comes up fine (and no transfer popup) and my character is still there. I log in with the character, no problem. I log out. Still can't access Atlantic.

Some things that might be important.-
I am using Atlantic Shield Transfer Token. I used a Chesapeake Shield Transfer Token to get there.
I have tried reloading UO, still have transfer popup.
I have tried using the token again, no change to Atlantic
I have tried logging in and out the character I was trying to transfer.

So... umm... at this point, I don't know how to fix it and I can't log on to Atlantic and page because I can't access it. I am also nervous about transferring in two hours which might fix it or might obliterate my character and the items he is carrying into dust.

Help... please?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also checked after I posted the above post if I could access Atlantic again... because Murphy's Law lusts after me like Kanye lusts after Kanye. No such luck.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Transfers get "stuck" far more often then people imagine. I've had it happen. I've written Mesanna in the past and they usually can fix it in a few minutes. A GM can't do anything about it so if your really in a bind and it's been a reasonable amount of time I'd email her. I pancake about this game but Mesanna is the absolute best at handling these kind of problems for us.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when it happened to me a few months back iam sure i paged and had a GM ingame who sorted it in mnutes

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
when it happened to me a few months bak i had to get a GM ingame who sorted it in mnutes
GM's just bump it up to the dev team. But I guess that works too :) I just can't deal waiting for a GM, sometimes they're fast but they can take hours and hours also.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you guys just page from another shard then? Far as GM goes

I'm attempting now to page via the character I tried to transfer. *crosses fingers*

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost an hour with no answer. I just repaged because I couldn't tell if my page was still active.

Is there a way to tell if I have a pending help request or at least if I am still in queue?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright another hour has passed with no GM response. After over two hours of standing here doing nothing and not being able to leave my desk... I'm done for now. I shouldn't have to pester development staff to fix an issue.

I recently didn't log in to UO for a few weeks and didn't find myself missing it much. Stuff like this, as a player frustrates me. I can understand there is a queue and other people need help. I haven't gotten a message or anything letting me know they are trying to find a solution or that at least I'm still waiting because there are people ahead of me. Zero communication from a GM. I know I'm reacting out of frustration, possibly overreacting, but I find myself very close to leaving this game permanently. My account is 219 years old so quitting isn't something I take lightly.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This same thing happened to me a few months back. I paged a GM and was told that my case would need to be escalated to higher ups. Took 3 days to correct. I wish you the best of luck.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Alright another hour has passed with no GM response. After over two hours of standing here doing nothing and not being able to leave my desk... I'm done for now. I shouldn't have to pester development staff to fix an issue.

I recently didn't log in to UO for a few weeks and didn't find myself missing it much. Stuff like this, as a player frustrates me. I can understand there is a queue and other people need help. I haven't gotten a message or anything letting me know they are trying to find a solution or that at least I'm still waiting because there are people ahead of me. Zero communication from a GM. I know I'm reacting out of frustration, possibly overreacting, but I find myself very close to leaving this game permanently. My account is 219 years old so quitting isn't something I take lightly.
Email Mesanna lol. I can't deal waiting around forever for GMs. When I emailed it was fixed in like 15 minutes.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Page a GM, list the character name and which shards were transferred to and from, Yes you page with the account in question from any shard you're able to login to.
in my experiences it's been fixed within a ~2 hour time-frame.

It usually happens if there's a server downtime during the transfer be it unexpected or normal maintenance.