• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for Asian shard info

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Considering shard shields and all,,,, What Asian shard is the most populated/active. I'm also interested in these boy's day and girl's day gifts. The little coffin for boy's day was kinda cool. Which shard(s) gets those? Mostly interested in places to go to acquire goodies to bring home :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive always wondered myself what date this boys day and girls day is... seems its a secret....guessing its a 24 hour clicky when it happens?? on that particular date

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
ive always wondered myself what date this boys day and girls day is... seems its a secret....guessing its a 24 hour clicky when it happens?? on that particular date
Wiki sez...

The day was originally called Tango no Sekku (端午の節句[sup]?[/sup]), and was celebrated on the 5th day of the 5th moon in the lunar calendar or Chinese calendar. After Japan switched to the Gregorian calendar, the date was moved to May 5.[sup][1][/sup] It was originally exclusively male celebrating boys and recognizing fathers, but has since been changed to include both boys and girls, as well as recognizing mothers along with fathers.
Until recently, Tango no Sekku was known as Boys' Day (also known as Feast of Banners) while Girls' Day (Hinamatsuri) was celebrated on March 3. In 1948, the government decreed this day to be a national holiday to celebrate the happiness of all children and to express gratitude toward mothers. It was renamed Kodomo no Hi.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki sez...

The day was originally called Tango no Sekku (端午の節句[sup]?[/sup]), and was celebrated on the 5th day of the 5th moon in the lunar calendar or Chinese calendar. After Japan switched to the Gregorian calendar, the date was moved to May 5.[sup][1][/sup] It was originally exclusively male celebrating boys and recognizing fathers, but has since been changed to include both boys and girls, as well as recognizing mothers along with fathers.
Until recently, Tango no Sekku was known as Boys' Day (also known as Feast of Banners) while Girls' Day (Hinamatsuri) was celebrated on March 3. In 1948, the government decreed this day to be a national holiday to celebrate the happiness of all children and to express gratitude toward mothers. It was renamed Kodomo no Hi.
Thank you. I find other cultures interesting and it's always nice to learn about them. Never knew any of that and appreciate you taking the time to post that. We have Fathers Day and Mothers Day and they are 2 separate days. Far as I know there is no kids day.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made characters on different shards and they all seemed pretty dead. But it often looks that way on the surface.
It most certainly does. I spent a few years living out in Asia so decided to make some chars on those shards mainly because they were the only ones I could move about on without being stuck in lag!

Its all about the time you login. Also I found they don't hang out in Luna they tend to hang out at Britain mint or Haven.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
last 2 winters i went and made characters all over the Asia shards.
from my personal experience i put the busiest Asia shard as Wakuto followed by Asuka and Yamoto.

and yes to what is said above, they dont use Luna much, New Haven bank i usually find lots of people...... very strange people..... people pretending to be animals and such, just to warn ya.

oh, and you'll also need the HK UO uniform, that like a bascinet helmet colored with a vibrant color and a half apron, that seems to be all the rage over there, not sure why.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi, in Japanese shard, I am assuming all of you can understand and write Japanese?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
on some shards the dialog during em events is done in english, then chinese/japanese/korean (i'm not sure what language they are speaking). i thought at one time uo had a translation option but it seems to be gone now. i guess it went away with localization?

what i'd like to know is why most of the vendors on the asian shards are named "Pat".

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i'd like to know is why most of the vendors on the asian shards are named "Pat".
That made me LOL IRL, thanks :)
So true. You can tell which Atl Luna vendors are owned by Asian shard players cause they're also all named "Pat".

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice thing is some people there do speak English and are very friendly. It is very interesting playing where at times no one can understand what you say. ping rates not that great, but worth the experience. Great for role playing folk.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Asuka occasionally & everyone I've encounter there has been awesome especially the EMs that have taken the time to speak in English when I've asked questions in chat.

Because I don't speak/understand the language maybe I'm missing any trash talk but actions speak louder then words & folks I've played with are just wonderful :)

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
haha, ok noted the language issue.

I just restarted 2 accounts after several years and moved from Origin to Formosa as it is closest to where I am in Shanghai now.
Would be good to know if there are any active English groups in other Asian shards that do the champion spawns. I hate to go into Fel alone, risk getting Pked. But I love doing the Champ spawn esp. when it first came out long time ago, its fun.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
back in the day i used to do fel idoc's on the asian shards. the ONLY time i ever got pk'ed was by an american player (who happened to be a friend of mine) because he didn't recognize my toon. i never got pk'ed by an asian player. they are good people. now the american & european shards are a completely different story. there used to be lots of americans who did champ spawns on the asian shards to farm scrolls and they would pk you in a heartbeat. this was several years ago so i don't know the current scene.