• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Negative Storage w/ Pub 91 - BBs FIXED ! TYVM !

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more noticeable with this house because I only had 1 space available yesterday.
It seems Pub 91 reduced all home storage limits. This happened to ALL my homes (4 on Atlantic alone).
No, this is not because items were above legal limits & got placed in the moving crate.
The moving crate is clearly empty. Anyone else seeing this ?

Neg Storage.jpg

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess my question becomes what is on the vendors and hope to goodness thats not it lol.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendors are mostly BOD books. My other homes have no vendors/BOD books & they're still negative so its likely not an issue w/ vendors.

Good question tho :). It seems they've reduced the amount of storage in our homes across the board.

(EDIT: It appears not a reduction in available storage but an issue with counting items not before counted).

Last edited:

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some others are reporting going into negative storage also.

If this is a 7x7 house, with +60% storage, 782 is the correct amount. So it seems to be not "reduced amount of storage," but rather the same amount stuff is now taking up more storage. Do you have a lot of BOD books locked down, or only on the vendors?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked my houses. The total storage figure is correct for the size and % increases they have.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Double check to see if you have any locked down scroll books, etc that have 25 items in them... Perhaps they went from counting as 1 lock down to 26 lock downs?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Isn't the house if you have all the packs and upgrades weren't we up to a 70% storage increase???

Seems we've been docked 10%.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are these custom houses? I cked my houses (classic style) and they are all fine.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60% is correct.
20% from Mondain's Legacy
20% from High Seas
20% from Origin Store - either alone or in a package with 7th character slot.
Maximum storage figures are correct. The problem appears to lie in something taking more storage space than it did previously. Presumably something that is stored in books to reduce required storage.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
60% is correct.
20% from Mondain's Legacy
20% from High Seas
20% from Origin Store - either alone or in a package with 7th character slot.
Maximum storage figures are correct. The problem appears to lie in something taking more storage space than it did previously. Presumably something that is stored in books to reduce required storage.
You think it's SoT, SoA and Powerscrolls?

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think it's SoT, SoA and Powerscrolls?
I just tested SoT, SoA and Powerscroll books. All still seem to take up 1 lockdown as they are supposed to.

BOD books take N/5 + 1 lockdowns like they are supposed to.

Runebooks take 1 lockdown like they are supposed to.

Any other ideas?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I lost storage in my castle too, was down to -70 :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
could it be house-add ons that normally do not count as a lockdown that are now counting as one?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My available storage in both my Castles appear to be correct, it has been awhile that I checked them so I can't say 100%.

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any Stewards in the house?
I just placed a Steward, it required 125 storage as normal. Adding items to the paper doll and backpack had no effect on the available storage.

I also placed a Herald, not storage change.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trying my best to think of a possible cause.
Do the effected houses have custom carpets or stone crafted walls, tiles etc?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
could it be house-add ons that normally do not count as a lockdown that are now counting as one?
I was thinking that too, but it do not seem to be the granit tiles, as I would had -1000 storage or worse

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trying my best to think of a possible cause.
Do the effected houses have custom carpets or stone crafted walls, tiles etc?
Good point. Can someone with an affected house post the location so we can take a look?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was thinking that too, but it do not seem to be the granit tiles, as I would had -1000 storage or worse
I have a Castle in Fel that is storage and BOD Vendor storage and I am still good on avail. storage, it is always close.
I have a Castle in Tram that has tons of lockdowns and storage chests with Vet reward Deeded items placed and Mannequins but as far as I can tell my storage is fine.

I do not have any items that you click to place like carpets and such, I also do not have any personal attendants or Stewards

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good point. Can someone with an affected house post the location so we can take a look?
You will get lost if you try to take a look at my castle and it's on Siege :p
I don't think it is stewards, removing stuff from their backpack do not changes storage

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My bedtime, hope you find out what is wrong

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will get lost if you try to take a look at my castle and it's on Siege :p
I don't think it is stewards, removing stuff from their backpack do not changes storage
Both my Castles are on Baja and appear to be fine. Just to make sure my Max storage is 7500 at 60% bonus.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shards is this happening on?
I am on Baja and appear to be fine.
FrejaSP is on SP and has a problem.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My houses are on Chessy (Trammel). I checked my small house on Napa (Fel) and it's fine.

-P.E.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to reiterate, the issue is not that the actual max storage of the houses has decreased... It is that something stored in the houses is now counting as more lockdowns than pre pub91. Unless you know what your lock downs were prior to the publish, it would be hard to verify. Houses with negative storage are where it is most easily seen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Must be it I've gone through a majority of my homes since most of them sit within 2 or 300 lockdowns of max and all seems well. Now I don't do BOD's or have anything to do with BOD's or BOD books.... far as I can tell all my homes are just fine.

The only one right now that I have used the new tiles on is the Hall of Virtue my castle in Tram on GLs..... and it appears to be just fine. My house that stores all my sot's, soas and PS's seems just fine too.

The Keep generally has a BUNCH of Goza mats and they seem to be fine as well.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Atlantic. This has affected all my homes.

One home (home A) has vendors with BOD books on them and Books of Alacrity/Books of Transcendence locked down inside and is affected.
Another home (home B) has no BOD books, no Books of Transcendence, nor Books of Alacrity but does have 10 mannequins and is affected.
Another home (home C) has no BOD books, no Books of Transcendence, nor Books of Alacrity. This home has no attendants/vendors nor mannequins & is still affected.

It appears not related to BOD books, Books of Transcendence, Books of Alacrity, Attendants, or Mannequins. I assume this due to Pub 91 affecting
one of my homes which has none of the mentioned items. It may be certain deeded items that never before counted as lockdowns?

To test this I'd have to go around the house axing/replacing items & continually checking the home sign. I don't have the time atm... mayb later.
After logging on this morning to find all but one home in negative numbers, I've logged out and haven't returned.

As Merus said, unless you knew exactly what your numbers were before Pub 91 OR (as in my case)
your numbers were close to/at ur max.... you prob wouldn't even notice.

I do think everyone just got shorted storage space whether you know it or not :(.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could it suddenly be counting charges from (or the number of tools added to) the smithing press and sewing machine? We did just get two more of those type of items...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Home C has no crafting add-ons that store charges of any kind. Again, this home also has none of any of the items mentioned earlier.
Home C was in negative numbers when I logged on after Pub 91 was downloaded.
It seems all my homes were affected for about the same number, improbable if item related.

(EDIT: Unless all my homes have the one same item in each.... BBs - Kyronix FTW BABY ! )

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soul destroying task in a big house, but maybe work round all the secured containers in a house and see if any are suddenly 'overfull'? It might be that something that used to hold items has spit them out into the container they were in....

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just checked my two houses - no overflowing containers. Good idea, though... whatever sucked up my lockdowns wasn't in a full one or isn't in a container at all. I'm not very happy right now... the perils of being a packrat! :(

- P.E.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep, i took my bb off the wall and gained 25 lockdowns @Kyronix

so i have 23 messages on the board one greeting and 1 title. think that's the issue

*waits for people to fill up BB's all over the realm*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Could it suddenly be counting charges from (or the number of tools added to) the smithing press and sewing machine? We did just get two more of those type of items...
I have non of them in my castle

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do any of you have bulletin boards locked down in your homes? We are investigating the issue.
I had one with 19 messages, it released 25 lockdowns, when I took it down. I may have some old ones in my secures too

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had 3 in my secures too, they only count as one item each in the bag, but on house stores, they count as 25 each, no matter if messages in them or not.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just put up a bulletin board, lockdowns changed from 198 to 223, available storage dropped by 25, adding a message didn't change the numbers. BBs made past publish 91 don't work either.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of you have bulletin boards locked down in your homes? We are investigating the issue.
Thanks SOOOO much for looking into this so quickly @Kyronix ! I never expected headway to be made so quickly :).
Yet another reason I love my DEV team :danceb:regardless of the naysayers:rant2:.

Yes, all my homes have BBs so peps can keep in touch ! Looks like the problem has been found :thumbsup:.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Weird I have them at nearly all my houses..... thankfully I didn't go negative from them. But odd.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah! Yup, bulletin boards here too. Time to toss those into a bag for now! Thanks for finding the culprit! :)

-P.E.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
*takes a piece of lead and writes a message on Kyronix' bulletin board.*
[format=h1]Could you also take a look at stealing, please?[/format]

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not just stealing they did something to the code as I've NEVER fizzled so much casting spells..... Trying to cast EVs on my Bard and Fizzle fizzle fizzle all the day...... GM Magery I shouldn't fizzly 14 times in a row. And NO that's NOT an exaggeration.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*takes a piece of lead and writes a message on Kyronix' bulletin board.*
[format=h1]Could you also take a look at stealing, please?[/format]
Please PM with as much detail as possible. Character stats and skills, what you are trying to steal, where, what shard? Character name?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No bulletin boards here, but negative storage.