• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone else do this with BODs ?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call it the BOD Reset Game.

Get an easy to fill BOD, fill it, then turn it in. You will instantly reset the timer for getting another BOD offer from the NPC in question.

So... have every character have .1 Tailoring and Blacksmith. Give the low level BODs to a GM+ Tailor/Blacksmith to turn in, and they'll get a new BOD after each fit for their level of skill - not the character with .1 skills.
[edit] -- fixed confusing statement.

Thoughts, comments?

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call it the BOD Reset Game.

Get an easy to fill BOD, fill it, then turn it in. You will instantly reset the timer for getting another BOD offer from the NPC in question.

So... have every character have .1 skill in Tailoring and Blacksmithy, this will allow them to pick up BODs every hour versus waiting 5-6 hours being at 100.0 skill.

Thoughts, comments?
0.1 blacksmithing skill will only get you shield BODs, I tried this with my Gatherer.

You can get a BOD, fill it, turn it in for the reward, and get another immediately, rinse & repeat. I've gone to the blacksmiths with a few thousand ingots and done several exceptional weapons BODs in a row getting Mining tools.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get the BOD (whatever it is), give it to the guy with 100.0 + skill to turn in, then the guy with the GM+ skill will get a BOD suited for "their" level, not the .1 guy.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't done BODs in couple years but my system was similar :).

I would go around & buy up every/all low level (5-15 iron smalls) BODs. Complete them and throw them in a packy(s).
Head to the smith shop on my 120smith holding a +60 ash hammer and turn them all in collecting my new BOD each time.
I'd rinse & repeat until I ran out of crap BODs (usually in 4-5 hours) then gloat over all the good high level BODs my hard work supplied :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have alot of old crappy bods, I can turn in if I should need new bods but I hate doing bods, I only do them, when I run out of POF or need a CDB deed

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get the BOD (whatever it is), give it to the guy with 100.0 + skill to turn in, then the guy with the GM+ skill will get a BOD suited for "their" level, not the .1 guy.
Shield Bods from 0.1 Chars with 20 pieces &Tear Kite shield or buckler(minimum ingots per 1 : 8 and 10) are bribed to 20 Gold. Normal are for PoF, Exceptional for Copper runic.
10 & 15 Bods are also got chance to switch to 20 in progres of bribing to Gold ingots but >50% they not becomes 20 Bods.

Other bods filled with iron and transfeed to 100+ smith char to get new bod. Sometimes ppl uses only 10 pieces Bod to fill with iron.

Usualy ppl collect minimum 30-50-10 bods (iron) , then fill it with iron and rebod with GM+.

ReBoding is an old practice. >10 YO i belive.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do this with multiple accounts but it took too much time. I stopped years ago and just run one 120 smith/tailor now. I have thousands of BoDs stored on vendors but don't have the time to sort/bribe/fill them.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling --> What would a BOD Book filled to max capacity (500) with completed reset BODs sell for?