• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slim's trade quest.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

Does anyone do Slim's trade quests? I must have done 100 runs over the past week and I have gotten skeleton keys, scrolls of transcendence and lots and lots of junk weapon and armor pieces. I have not received any of the rares that are associated with the quest. I have done this quest many times in the past as well (maybe 600-700 runs) and have in fact never been given a drop.

A few factors:
I am using the same character that I used for the trammel quests. I have received six books and quite a few signs. I feel I have been successful at the trammel version of the trade quest.
I (currently) have slightly positive karma.
All of the quests were started in Fel New Magincia and delivered to Ocllo.
The items used to fill the trade orders were purchased from both New Magincia and Ocllo.
Gates were never used. This was all done on foot / boat.
I rarely have attackers spawn on me (maybe 5% of the time) and usually avoid them.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is it simply that hard to get ANY of Slim's rares? In the past I usually get burned out after around 100 and quit. Then a month or two later I would try again, get nothing, rinse and repeat again months later. Any information that can help me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nope nothing wrong though you may want to kill the spawn more often... but no it is flawed and I am guessing Slim doesn't like to give that much up. Imagine that..... a fence that doesn't like to reward.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wasnt there some fella in here last year talking about it took him like 10k runs to finally get the book and the mempo?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, why do you think Slim's Little black book has a price tag of 5mill upwards.
Rare means RARE ;)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
very strange drop rate with the rares.

i was able to get the slim black book within 10 runs on a alt character.
my main one never has gotten a rare from him, and ive done 100 or more runs with him.

don't get discouraged, just keep plugging away at it.
if you get aggravated, just leave it and come back later.