• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant Dragon Pet vs Dragon Turtle Pet

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do they compare tank wise and combat wise? I'm trying to decide which to go for. My Rune beetle with a Nightmare, Fire Steed, or Ki'rin just isn't going to work for champs.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey man, they are the same really, but it's a lot easier to find a good scoring Dragon than Dragon Turtle at the moment.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not exactly the same.
Because GD go over GM only in magery & wrestling but turtles go over GM in magery, wrestling, tactics & resist spells
Um..... I don't know who told you that but I have a few GD over GM in Tactics and Resist.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been said many times now by the Devs, They are EXACTLY the same, only the graphic is different.

Now where the problem camos is that with Dragons you can burn thru X amount to find the one you actually want to tame.
With Turtles you gotta get an Egg....then wait 3 days for it to hatch....then hope it's got decent stats (about 1:12 I've found) most have bad stats and you just kill it but it takes so much longer than the 2 hours with GD's.

Give it time and people will be selling R4 Turtles then you will see they are the same.

I have an R4.1 i'm training up and yes, it's the same as the Dragon apart from I can give my turtle temporary extra boost's using the berries found at the champ spawn area mobs.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not exactly the same.
Because GD go over GM only in magery & wrestling but turtles go over GM in magery, wrestling, tactics & resist spells
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=60x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=50x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=54x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=left|60x17}Wrestling{/td}
{td=left|50x@} {/td}
{td=right|54x@}125.1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=left|@x17}Tactics{/td}
{td=left} {/td}
{td=right}124.5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=left|@x17}Resist Spell{/td}
{td=left} {/td}
{td=right}119.7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
This is my Fluffy and it took forever to find then Tame her.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been said many times now by the Devs, They are EXACTLY the same, only the graphic is different.
This answers the OP question.

Are the turtles a smaller graphic or are they screen hogs like the turtle champ and the GDs?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you get the turtle scute (if spelled right) off the turtle dragons that you tame?
No you get them off the BIG Dragon Turtle at the champ spawn.... but only the first one and quickest one with a blade... and don't bother at least on my shard it would seem someone has a script for it. The corpse doesn't even have time to settle to the ground yet and it's carved.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, wait till the 'quiet time' on your shard then go solo the champ. Easy way to get Eggs, primers, scute and legendries ;)