Problem with old bard masteries book?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Harrisonburg, VA
www.uocraft.com
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my masteries book.

I'm a bard tamer with 120 real skill across the board. I had the old bard masteries book. I got the new taming masteries quest from Hawkwind and defeated the assigned boss. The new taming primer appeared in my backpack. My old bard masteries book was renamed "Book of Masteries," and in it, I can see all of the 45 masteries - but its label still shows 6 spells, not 45. I did not receive a new book of masteries.

I ate the taming primer and got the proper success message. Hawkwind says my taming quest is completed. However, on my book of masteries, I cannot bring up the context menu to switch masteries.

This is in EC with the default UI.

Is there an alternate way to get that context menu up? Am I missing something? Or is my book bugged? I have shift-click enabled for my context menus, and that does not work, nor does single clicking the book.

I logged out/in and restarted the client, in case that would help. It did not.

Thanks in advance!

Kitiara

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2011
Curitiba, Brazil
The book should have been converted when you first logged in, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
I would redo the peace mastery quest to get a brand new, non bugged book.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 10, 2006
A forest west of Minoc (Felucca)
I am also in the EC and default UI, with shift-click for context menus.

Ended up just right clicking on my book (not shift click, just right click) and it opened a new option to "Switch Mastery".

I chose that and a new menu opened with a list of all the masteries available to that character.

Didn't notice if my book showed 6 spells or 45 spells before I switched masteries though.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 21, 2010
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my masteries book.

I'm a bard tamer with 120 real skill across the board. I had the old bard masteries book. I got the new taming masteries quest from Hawkwind and defeated the assigned boss. The new taming primer appeared in my backpack. My old bard masteries book was renamed "Book of Masteries," and in it, I can see all of the 45 masteries - but its label still shows 6 spells, not 45. I did not receive a new book of masteries.

I ate the taming primer and got the proper success message. Hawkwind says my taming quest is completed. However, on my book of masteries, I cannot bring up the context menu to switch masteries.

This is in EC with the default UI.

Is there an alternate way to get that context menu up? Am I missing something? Or is my book bugged? I have shift-click enabled for my context menus, and that does not work, nor does single clicking the book.

I logged out/in and restarted the client, in case that would help. It did not.

Thanks in advance!

Kitiara
my old book is doing the same thing just has 6 spells i was able to switch masteries but still cannot cast the spell as it says it is missing.. how do i add spells to it? or do i just have to get a new book?

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 21, 2010
redid the peacemaking quest where u peace 5 mongbats and got a new book with all the spells.. prepatched ones that didnt convert i quess are either worthless or will be rare one day =P

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Harrisonburg, VA
www.uocraft.com
Thanks, everybody! I wasn't able to access the "switch masteries" option by any means of clicking, so I took the bugged book out of my pack and went and re-did the bard quest (I did discordance, discording goats). I got a new book and it properly showed 45 spells, and my bard and taming masteries all showed up with the context menu properly working. I guess the old book was bugged and did not convert properly.

Thanks again! The new book is working. :)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
I have at least 6 books with only 6 masteries too

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
any news on if the old books can be fixed? I have 3 and I do not have the bard skills anymore. lost soulstones with the skills on them.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 21, 2010
any news on if the old books can be fixed? I have 3 and I do not have the bard skills anymore. lost soulstones with the skills on them.
i never found a fix just had to do the peacemaking quest to get full ones... the quest is easy and repeatable to get as many books as you need.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 18, 2010
Drop the book to the ground and pick it back up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Drop the book to the ground and pick it back up.
I still have 3 books that the context menu says 6 spells. I read this post and went to try it, dropping all 3 books on the ground outside my house. I can open the book and scroll down, it shows all 45 spells. If I switch to magery mastery the spells appear on the right and I can pull them off to a hot bar.
However the context menu on the book still says 6 spells and if I try to actually cast the spell from that icon I get the message that I don't have that spell

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 18, 2010
I will investigate this issue further.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
I dropped the book on the ground outside of house, no luck. Tried to drop inside a house no luck. The book still displays 6 Spells and does not have a menu when I right click.

Guess it is time to start working on music and Peace again. Or just go and do a spawn.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
Southern Ontario, Canada
I had a few before. I kept them in my pack through a maintenance cycle and they converted and were useable.