• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with how to dig up a shadow elemental

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, Never really done this before but I am trying to train a pet and I read somewhere that having them fight a shadow elemental would be a good way to raise their skills. I must admit that I have never used a gargoyle pick axe. So to increase my chances on this what would be the steps? Should I use a prospector tool?

Thanks

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, Never really done this before but I am trying to train a pet and I read somewhere that having them fight a shadow elemental would be a good way to raise their skills. I must admit that I have never used a gargoyle pick axe. So to increase my chances on this what would be the steps? Should I use a prospector tool?

Thanks
Hit the Yamato mines in Tukuno. There's one that spawns in the back.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are lucky there are tamers who have it at front door already. But if you just wanna dig one up. Use a toon with high enough mining and a gargoyles pickaxe (bumps ore up one by the way) and a prospectors tool (dig an iron ore spot once then prospect to bump to dull copper) then use gargoyles pickaxe until you dig up a shadow elemental. Hope this helps.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there is two in there..... you dont need to drag it outside. Leave pet outside..Run in and peace or invis until you find the ele. Drag it down a little or around the corner. Invis and log out.....log back in and your pet appears beside you...
all kill and start bandaging your pet. If you have a taming mastery...use it and the gains come fast and furious

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prospectors tool and a Garg pick axe. Prospect to bump up to dull copper. Use garg pickaxe to mine shadow ore. Keep doing this until an elemental pops. Usually takes me about 2 or 4 min to get it . No need to worry about spawn since you can get one anywhere there are mountains.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Indeed the mine has two of them all the time I often go get one and drag it to the entrance or just run down in and log in out to get my pet and there it is.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ironic that i just finished digging one up to train my fresh batch of turtles on, literally like 10 seconds ago i dug one up.

strange.

detailed explanation of how to dig up a SE.
  1. you need to have a miner, just have high enough mining to use a garg pickaxe and dig up shadow ore.
  2. go anywhere that you can mine; mountains, mines, under bucs den ect ect ect.
  3. mine with a shovel or pickaxe (normal ones) if you get regular ore then your good see next step - if you get anything from shadow ore up walk to a new spot.
  4. so you mined up normal ore, now use a prospector tool and hit the same spot that will bump that ore vein up a level to Dull Copper.
  5. now hit that same spot with a Gargoyle pickaxe, that will do 2 things - 1) it will bump the ore vein up one more level and 2) give you a chance at pulling a Ore Elemental. so seeing as you are now pulling shadow ore it will be a Shadow Ore Elemental.
  6. if you hit a Dull Copper Vein then skip using the prospectors tool and go straight to the Gargoyle pickaxe.
keep in mind that like any spawning monster SE will have a wide variety of skills when they spawn.
so lore it to make sure you pet is within the right range for that SE.
20 points either way of its skills you will gain.
so if the SE is at 70 wrestle/tactics your pets are good from 50-90 to gain.
and the SE will gain up to 100 fast.

also keep in mind that the SE can be damaged only with weapons.
so if your miner is sporting a weapon he will be auto flagged to the SE and will damage it and if he is tuff enough he may one hit kill it (been there, done that!)

i personally prefer to pull my own SE rather then going to the Y-mine because i can pull it places where i dont need to worry about other spawn.

the Agapite pic i put up to give ya an example of places you can spawn them.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer spawning Shadow Ore Eles in the mountain caves in Malas, the one between Luna and Umbra with a Stable/Inn just 2 screens away. I drag the Shadow Ore Ele to inside the Inn, that way, when one pet is finished training i can quickly stable it and claim another.