• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else seem to be missing MOBs more often?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last night I was killing UEV's and noticed I was missing more than usual. I just kinda chalked it up to the RNG being the RNG. I just went down to blood dungeon to raise honor on balrons. I just died 3 times to a paragon balron. I actually missed 4 times in a row on multiple occasions. I have 45 HCI and 60 HLD. I shouldn't be missing this much. At least I wasn't.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny that's always been how my game is.... at 120 archery/120 bushido/GM Chivy, Anat, Tactics etc.... 45HCI etc... I wiff more often than hit... which I find extremely annoying.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not just you, I've been whiffing on a lot of diff things since the new expansion. I whiffed on a slime 4 times in a row on a coon spawn the other day.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could we please get some sort of response from the devs on this? I get a sneaking suspicion that the melee class just got pummeled by the nerf stick. Intended or not there has most certainly been a change. I just got my a** handed to me by dread horn... on my sampire.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had noticed more misses since pub 91 hit TC as well.
Quite often I misses imps at Semidar spawn 3 or more times in a row.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have noticed this myself. i missed a Mongbat several times yesterday doing a spawn in the Abyss. I was beginning to wonder if my character had lost a piece of armor with HCI on it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I thought it was just me.
Seconded, I thought I was just being paranoid. But I noticed the chiv spell delay nerf first and thought, naw, now yer just feeling gunshy, but yes, since the publish this is definitely so.
I have 120 Arch,120 chiv, 120 Anat, 120 Tactics, all real skills and with 45 HCI.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed that also. Missed many swings at rats and slimes arrr!! (120 skills, 45 HCI)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't notice anymore missing in pvm than I did before... I seem to only miss when there's enough mobs to get me killed, but it's always been like that RNG is Flawed as F--k.

That 95% max Hit 95% max Dodge OP.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of missing, I've been fizzling Mystic and Spellweaving spells too, even with 120 skill.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of missing, I've been fizzling Mystic and Spellweaving spells too, even with 120 skill.
Mysticism spells happen, it's about a 1% chance at 120 skill. Not sure about Spellweaving.

Alsojust did a quick Ilsh Undead spawn on my sampire. 120 Swords, 45 HCI, 30% HLD, I was missing on level 1 spawn. Missed on higher levels, but I wasn't too concerned, since that's more likely to happen, especially when Paragons are thrown into the mix.

I'm not sure if it's bad luck with the RNG or if something got fubar'd since Pub 91. Even @CovenantX got affected by a Wild Tiger's Bleed without taking any other damage, which we both found odd.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's a conspiracy I tell ya! They're trying to make everyone Rage Quit, so Messana can retire and actually enjoy a vacation without worrying about what's happening in UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always missed this much.... it's nice to see other folk finally suffering like I do. Ask any archer.... we have always wiffed 4 of 10 times.

And always when it counts.... when you have someone redlined and ONE more shot would take them down.... then you Wiff 4 times in a row and they get the heal off.... VERY annoying....

Or when you have a mob just about finished.... and you want to get that last armor ignore on to really rack up the points...... and WIFF!!!!!!!

Or you are trying to kill a mob and it's really tight between if he's going to kill you or you are going to kill him and just as you think you have the upper hand....... WIFF!

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always missed this much.... it's nice to see other folk finally suffering like I do. Ask any archer.... we have always wiffed 4 of 10 times.

And always when it counts.... when you have someone redlined and ONE more shot would take them down.... then you Wiff 4 times in a row and they get the heal off.... VERY annoying....

Or when you have a mob just about finished.... and you want to get that last armor ignore on to really rack up the points...... and WIFF!!!!!!!

Or you are trying to kill a mob and it's really tight between if he's going to kill you or you are going to kill him and just as you think you have the upper hand....... WIFF!
So I guess the nasty RNG pops its head out after the last "expansion" and is causing us to miss... Doubt it. I never use to miss hitting low level/mid level spawn now its happening all the time. Archers should miss your shooting arrows while a melee char is up close so less room for error

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most probably some bug in the hit formula. When training up my weapon skill. I had absolutely no problems with 119.9, but once I reached 120 I noticed a significantly lower hit rate. Just out of curiosity I went back to 119.9 and now everything is back to normal...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if it's bad luck with the RNG or if something got fubar'd since Pub 91. Even @CovenantX got affected by a Wild Tiger's Bleed without taking any other damage, which we both found odd.
Yea that happens all the time, I'd rather just be hit by the special without taking the normal melee damage... but it should have just f**king missed! you shoulda heard me in vent btw... =X

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Most probably some bug in the hit formula. When training up my weapon skill. I had absolutely no problems with 119.9, but once I reached 120 I noticed a significantly lower hit rate. Just out of curiosity I went back to 119.9 and now everything is back to normal...
I noticed this while training a skill months back before time of legends. I chalked it up to my imagination, but it seems like you miss more at 120 than you do the 118-119.9 range. Still would have to retest myself somehow getting an accurate count of hit to miss ratio when fighting a same mob, might use a tamed pet to test results. I don't know of a way to get the count needed maybe there is a way but have not delved that deep into it.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I noticed this while training a skill months back before time of legends. I chalked it up to my imagination, but it seems like you miss more at 120 than you do the 118-119.9 range. Still would have to retest myself somehow getting an accurate count of hit to miss ratio when fighting a same mob, might use a tamed pet to test results. I don't know of a way to get the count needed maybe there is a way but have not delved that deep into it.
Now that I am thinking of it. If I had a hit miss counter I could use a physical damage weapon and shadow elemental and try both.