• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crashing is really getting to P$$$ me off

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am trying to set up hot bars for a new T Hunter. I have yet to finish one bar without crashing and all my icons being reset. I have tried a full file check, and not having anything else running when the game is up. This has been going on since the expansion and I really wish someone would fix it. Opening and closing a spell book of any kind causes it for me. I have sent in 2 bug reports but no fix. It gets pretty frustrating to do and redo the same thing over and over and not advance.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to turn this into yet another CC v EC thread because I do use the EC for certain gaming aspects.

Inevitably I find myself back in the CC due to various EC problems.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With the cc the learning curve is minimal from my experience anyway.
Honestly if the game offers both clients they should both work equally well. If it is the EC client crashing someone needs to fix the problem. It isn't just closing spellbooks that does it. I can be running down the road and POOF, or opening a chest. and this has only been for me since the expansion was released. I can't be the only player having this problem can I? If I am I don't know what I would look for on my computer. Nothing has changed or been added.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you run pinco or the default UI?
If you are running Pinco, try to update it. It could be a compatibility problem with the new client, if your Pinco version is rather old.
I never had this problem happening to me with the default UI.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do a big change to your UI, make sure to log out afterwards, so the UI is saved for good and you can't loose it anymore.
Since you already know, that spellbooks are crashing your client, finish everything you can finish without needing a spellbook, log in & out and try to finish the rest of it.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm sure you have already sent in a bug report. I'd keep doing it giving as much detail as possible. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If 60 FPS isn't work, try changing foliage, how the 'death effect' works, your UI, or changing to lower/higher than 60 FPS while you get your bars set up.

Also, if you change multiple items that affect game size or graphics performance, if you have an older computer, a restart sometimes will assist in curing crashing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Duncan McDermott Have you tried deleting the profile and rebuilding it? Perhaps the crash is related to something in his file. I've not had any crashing issues with opening or closing any spellbooks. My guess is you have a corruption somewhere.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you are running Pinco, try to update it. It could be a compatibility problem with the new client, if your Pinco version is rather old.
I do use Pincos but had done the update when he added support for Legends. I can try it again though it won't hurt.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do use Pincos but had done the update when he added support for Legends. I can try it again though it won't hurt.
If you do a big change to your UI, make sure to log out afterwards, so the UI is saved for good and you can't loose it anymore.
Since you already know, that spellbooks are crashing your client, finish everything you can finish without needing a spellbook, log in & out and try to finish the rest of it.
What I ended up doing this morning to get the hot bars finished was to do a few icons, then leaving the spell book open and logging out that way. It took several log outs but I managed to get the bars done that way.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try building most of the hotbars in the default UI, log out and log back on Pinco's to check if the crashing persist.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What I ended up doing this morning to get the hot bars finished was to do a few icons, then leaving the spell book open and logging out that way. It took several log outs but I mana
@Duncan McDermott Have you tried deleting the profile and rebuilding it? Perhaps the crash is related to something in his file. I've not had any crashing issues with opening or closing any spellbooks. My guess is you have a corruption somewhere.
I had not tried that but will now. It may help. I hadn't thought about doing that.
ged to get the bars done that way.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope that works for you @Duncan McDermott. I know how incredibly frustrating it can be when the game is not working properly.

@Bleak Still having MASSIVE issues with opening public corpses of bosses at EM events. I still suggest you come to GL's with me some Tuesday evening and follow around in the EC trying to open corpses once they go public especially big bosses with tons of loot on them.

Generally speaking there are at least 20 to 30 players at every GLs EM event with no less than 10 to 15 Greater Dragons in tow and 2 or 3 "multi-boxers"... That still makes me crash.

I still also occasionally crash from reversing direction when running mounted.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I hope that works for you @Duncan McDermott. I know how incredibly frustrating it can be when the game is not working properly.

@Bleak Still having MASSIVE issues with opening public corpses of bosses at EM events. I still suggest you come to GL's with me some Tuesday evening and follow around in the EC trying to open corpses once they go public especially big bosses with tons of loot on them.

Generally speaking there are at least 20 to 30 players at every GLs EM event with no less than 10 to 15 Greater Dragons in tow and 2 or 3 "multi-boxers"... That still makes me crash.

I still also occasionally crash from reversing direction when running mounted.
Running the game this afternoon in CC I haven't had one crash. Sorry to hear you are also having problems.
What I ended up doing this morning to get the hot bars finished was to do a few icons, then leaving the spell book open and logging out that way. It took several log outs but I mana
I had not tried that but will now. It may help. I hadn't thought about doing that.
ged to get the bars done that way.