• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When did they nerf merchant ships?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went out privateering last night, the damage numbers coming up from the crewmen under attack were between 1 and 4 with the typical number being 3. This is from the attacks of fellow crewmen provoked onto it, two pets, and my characters ebolts. Had to let over half the ships go because i couldn't kill the last crewman with just two pets and my character attacking it. heck, the last one's Captain had everyone attacking it and just the right end last pixel of it's healthbar flickered red before going back blue. This is the setup I've used for years to mug merchant ships. Another nerfed to pointless combat scene?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a silly question, but you hadn't been training Humility had you? I had a similar nasty experience with my GD not doing damage and taking rather a lot - till I realised the poor thing was hampered by my having said 'lum lum lum' the last time I logged on and forgotten to repeat the phrase to cancel.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a way, have you tried different types of ammo ;)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should try the cannonballs before attacking the crew . . .