• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are your favorite Vet rewards and why? ...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as the title says, tell us what vet reward(s) you're glad you picked, and wouldn't give back if you could? And what reward you have chosen that you wish you hadn't.

For me, I love the decorative ones that I can use in my house - still don't care if they're common or not. So I was very happy when we got Ankhs and hanging skeletons. I have chosen six ankhs and 12 hanging skeletons on my various accounts over the years and I don't regret them one bit.

One I wish I hadn't chosen? The +3 robe - though they were a practical choice at the time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The ore carts, even though I had to buy them on ATL because my account isn't old enough to get them yet.
Beats mining by a mile, mostly because mining is a major, unrewarding bore nowadays, with the random ore and the high chance to burn high end ore when smelting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have to say my most used are the 4 mining carts, 3 set to ore one set to gems, 4 tree stumps, 4 sheep that I have... I find them super useful. I just wish there was one for stone.

I also like all the dye tubs etc... but for sheer coolness...... I like my Ancient Hellhound Mount.

Just one more Month and I should have a full collection of shard shields... that will be handy. Strangely though I really don't travel often. Usually only when someone else needs something from somewhere.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as the title says, tell us what vet reward(s) you're glad you picked, and wouldn't give back if you could? And what reward you have chosen that you wish you hadn't.

For me, I love the decorative ones that I can use in my house - still don't care if they're common or not. So I was very happy when we got Ankhs and hanging skeletons. I have chosen six ankhs and 12 hanging skeletons on my various accounts over the years and I don't regret them one bit.

One I wish I hadn't chosen? The +3 robe - though they were a practical choice at the time.
Bloody pentagrammmm! Hail satan!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are only two rewards I consider essential: The commodity deed box and the plant box. I'd hate to have to move heavy stacks of resources without being able to change them into deeds. And the seed box is (to me) invaluable, since I prefer to identify new seeds immediately... it's a bummer to plant them and find out much later they weren't the plants I needed.

The other vet rewards are nice, but I can live without them.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got crazy and did a statue collection. Still never gotten it set up though.
Still have a friend waiting on a chicken statue.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed very much picking the Teleporter tiles, the Davies' Locker, the Ethereal Horse back then, still using it after countless years !!! And the Commodity Deed box has always been handy.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my 1/per week use - forged metal of artifacts !

If it ever comes out.... until then Shard Shields - saves the monies ez

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Um, Forged Metal of Artifacts isn't a vet reward, is it?

Oh, wait, I got it, you're wishing it would be a vet reward. Gotcha. I'd probably select it, too.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Yeah that's a great idea. Let's introduce another item on the store which generates income for UO.:rolleyes:

If I was in charge of UO, and found out they introduced an item (Shard Shields) which will reduce the cash flow of the UO I would have fired the whole damn team.

#1 Biggest Blunder/Dumbest idea ever implemented in UO.

We have a game fighting for it's survival, so let's reduce the cash flow even more....:thumbdown::wall::confused2:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Having a castle the teleporters are great. Commodity deed box is a must. How could I live without ethys? Dye tubs are great. I can't imagine not having a seed box. Shard Shields are a must. I can't narrow it down, lol. I bought the soul stones when they were on sale :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Commodity deed box. I would have thought shard shields but now that i have transfered once in nearly a 6 months that tells me its not as important to me as i thought it would be.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's a great idea. Let's introduce another item on the store which generates income for UO.:rolleyes:

If I was in charge of UO, and found out they introduced an item (Shard Shields) which will reduce the cash flow of the UO I would have fired the whole damn team.

#1 Biggest Blunder/Dumbest idea ever implemented in UO.

We have a game fighting for it's survival, so let's reduce the cash flow even more....:thumbdown::wall::confused2:
The game fighting for it's survival... lol... UO could probably be kept afloat with like one active account per shard without any additional purchases, just to maintain without being updated.

As far as shard shields go, Yea I don't completely disagree with you, it was not the best move, although 14 years of a single active account ($1,678.32 over a 14 year period at minimum with 6-month subs/GTCs (not counting any account upgrades, boosters, or additional purchases) for an xfer a month to a single shard per available pick. It's really not that bad there are restrictions with these tokens.

Shard Shields are easily the most useful vet reward to date, I doubt they would ever come out with something quite as useful as those, but as another 14th-15th year reward I'd pick a few 1/week forged artifact tools even though I don't use them that often, or perhaps they should remove the 15 year cap on vet rewards and come up with some higher end picks... I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

There are much more important problems than shard shield vet rewards causing UO to lose money - Free shards, Duping, Items/upgrades not being available for purchase in certain countries etc. Unfortunately, the chances are these probably won't be dealt with, but who knows.

However if it's so important: the1/week forged metal of artifacts adds an "owned by no one" tag to the item so the first person to equip it after enhancing it becomes bound too. (I know I've said this before), that would keep value to store-bought versions. I'd still pick a few of them.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno about EC, but I would like a Blessed weapon carrier.

Similar to the quiver, this box can only store insured weapons, maybe up to10, in organized fashion/slots. Hey, warriors need to be fully prepared for adventures in short notices. It would make my backpack look more tidy in CC. Right now I would only carry no more than 4 or 5. Any more than that will be too messy.

And when you die, all weps still pay their insurance and they stay in the same slot in the box. That would make a convenient and harmless vet reward or anny gift.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love most of my rewards, special
House teleporters
commodity deed box
soulstones
crystal portals
Bloody pentagrammmm
mining carts used for gems
tree stumps
sheep
Dye tubs
seed box
Hellhound
Tiger
Davies locker

I do have a few I maybe would turn in, if I could trade them for a new choice
Garden Shed
Lighthouse
Decorative Cannon
Monster/animal statues
Cloak/robe (Wish they would some useful mods to them, maybe luck or something)
Banners
Minotaur Statue

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with @FrejaSP I would keep the reward cloaks and robes if they had something "useful" on them. But no one needs them to have resist anymore. If they had a wee bit of SDI or MR or SSI or anything but what they have people might want them again. But no one is going to use them over the Conjurers Garb... or it's more appealing forms from Blackthorns.

If I could get a reward cloak/robe that would be something akin to those folk might pick them and buy them and want them. But with the Quivers and such no one is going to wear the old Vet Reward cloaks or Robes... so they sit collecting dust in a box.... never to see the light of day again.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Maybe a vet reward to enhance a cloak or robe? That would be cool.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My list of favorites is the same as Freja's.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the most practical so far are the portal ones and the teleporters. However, I haven't really picked more than 1 or 2 so far in 12 years. I'm holding my choices for shard shields. I think I have 19 picks or so. 1 year to go.....

My second account is in a similar boat and like 6 months behind. I guess I'm a hoarder. I buy the items I want and save the picks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, the most practical so far are the portal ones and the teleporters. However, I haven't really picked more than 1 or 2 so far in 12 years. I'm holding my choices for shard shields. I think I have 19 picks or so. 1 year to go.....

My second account is in a similar boat and like 6 months behind. I guess I'm a hoarder. I buy the items I want and save the picks.
One more good reason to play Siege, you don't need shard shields unless you are crazy with deco as that's all they are on Siege. I'm sure a lot new Siege players would love to have 19 picks for useful rewards, as some on the ones on my list really make life easier on Siege.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard Transfer Shields

The ability to take vacations to other shards, to meet new players and to mix things up a bit.