• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Currency Safes

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to propose that a change be made in the new Safes. I would like to be able to go to a persons house and give them money like I would with an item and a mailbox.

We used to be able to just drop off checks in a mailbox to repay people. Now unless the person can be found logged in - there is no way to give them money.

This came up as a problem on Siege after an auction and trying to give people their money for items auctioned.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to propose that a change be made in the new Safes. I would like to be able to go to a persons house and give them money like I would with an item and a mailbox.

We used to be able to just drop off checks in a mailbox to repay people. Now unless the person can be found logged in - there is no way to give them money.

This came up as a problem on Siege after an auction and trying to give people their money for items auctioned.
Bod Book on a vendor still works.

If you dont like bod books you can always just put an Item up on a vendor as well. Though, The vendor fees can get costly.

However, I do agree with you, your idea would be a great improvement to the new Safes.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Different Shard (Drachenfels), same problem.

We also used mailboxes in past to deliver revenue from auctions, this is no longer possible.

+1

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Very good idea actually, i would love to see some of my guild mates dropping a couple bills in my wall safe from time to time :)

You shall not pass!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ATM Anyone friended to the house can deposit money to a safe if it is set to friends, however, the reverse is also true, they can also 'withdraw'. The fact that it relies on the same 'security settings' as the house makes it awkward as you have to be friended, coowned, guilded etc. This is my biggest HATE for the safes.

What the Wall Safe needs to actually be USEFUL is it should be able to have the 'access' set to "anyone", but make it DEPOSIT ONLY.

Just those setting changes would make the thing 1000% more useful in as much as you can put a safe on your wall and the following would 'work':
  • If your house and safe is set to 'public' then the safe is 'accessible' to anyone, and there is no need to friend, coown etc.
  • If people 'owe' you money they can deposit it and it leaves a record of their deposit. (and noone else can withdraw it)
  • If you run an in game auction house you can put a safe near the auctioneer and as soon as a player 'deposits' the funds you can hand them their goods. It is a clear visible record of the transaction and others cannot withdraw, and again you don't need to have the person 'accessed' to the house.
  • To give 'sellers' their funds you can go to a rune (submitted with their item) to their house and deposit funds in their safe, and know that those funds cannot be withdrawn by non intended recipients, and if they 'are' it will be the problem of the house owner for not setting the correct 'deposit' only safe access. Same as a mailbox.
  • It will still operate to give people 'funds' when they are offline, in as much as you go and deposit funds in 'their' safe, rather than put them in yours. Basically they are 'mini' banks that you can go and deposit into knowing that the funds are secure if there is no 'withdrawal' other than the safe owner allowed.
  • You can still set a safe to DEPOSIT & WITHDRAW if that is what you want. It just needs to be another 'security' setting on the things.
Right now because you can't control who 'withdraws' they are pretty useless. Even for friend, guilds you basically have to 'trust' the people 100% when leaving money in a safe set to those accesses and hope that the person/people who are 'supposed' to withdraw are the only ones that do, or continually 'edit' your house friends list so that only those people get access. Just totally messy.

A DEPOSIT only safe is the way to clear it all up and make the things useful.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea of not having a safe at all. Remember what happened to the Clutter family in Truman Capote's non-fiction book...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the Wall Safe needs to actually be USEFUL is it should be able to have the 'access' set to "anyone", but make it DEPOSIT ONLY.
Just make access like mailbox, security setting to withdraw, but anyone with access to the house can deposit :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just make access like mailbox, security setting to withdraw, but anyone with access to the house can deposit :)
The problem with having it so you can't elect to have a wall safe DEPOSIT ONLY is that ANYONE with access to the safe can take out money intended for the house owner only. You can have more than ONE wall safe in a house, so there is no reason ONE of them cannot be set to deposit only (if the option was there) and others with settings similar to the mail box settings of withdraw/deposit.

I know I am currently coowned/friended access to mailboxes in game due to shard transfer issues, and yes, I can deposit items to transfer etc, but I can also withdraw and often I see 'other' players deposited items and if I wanted to I could 'take' them as I have access. In the case of auction houses, and guilds there is no way I would 'trust' that everyone is as honest as me, nor as a person running auctions would I want to 'trust' all the people buying etc. You currently have to 'trust' that if you are coowned to a mail box that all other co-owners are people whom YOU would trust, and you have no control over who another house holder gives that access too.

You just need the wall safes to have ONE addional security setting of 'public' (in addition to friends, coowners, guild etc) and then give the safes a toggle to make them:

DEPOSIT ONLY
WITHDRAW & DEPOSIT

The fact that the wall safes rely on 'access' to the house to be able to use them means that the owner of the house has to physically 'add' the person to their house friend list instead of having a wall safe that anyone can use without the need to be 'accessed'.

Just a really bad design imo and a missed opportunity to make the object highly useful for guilds, auction houses etc.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The comment was intended for which ever developer reading the thread, if any, I'm aware of what you saying :)