• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ingame mail?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The "mail" they are talking about is probably the same system used to send notices about player's pet and resource vendors in New Magincia.

Don't go getting your hopes up. :sad3:
I know that what you are saying is right. It would just be nice to use the mail boxes for what they were intended. Then again it would probably just be UO junk mail I would be getting. lol

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that what you are saying is right. It would just be nice to use the mail boxes for what they were intended. Then again it would probably just be UO junk mail I would be getting. lol
Oh, I completely agree. I miss the mail system that we used to have years ago, as flawed and as privacy-destroying as it was. I also miss KR's friends list.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we already have this. its called a mailbox....

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see many mailboxes for sale, and they're not craftable, so use is rather limited

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last edited:

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice with an ingame mail system like the one in wow.. Imagine you could send items across shards to your toons..that would be so awesome :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Would be nice with an ingame mail system like the one in wow.. Imagine you could send items across shards to your toons..that would be so awesome :)
Maybe that's next step.
Right now we need a postman, we do have mailbox, sell and buy stall vendors and the new auction safe and we do have vendor search, even when it do not work for stall vendors and I guess it do not work for Auction Safe. And we have the trade system

With a "Postman" we could:
Send letters and items to an other char and set a price for the item they have to accept to get it.
We could put a put a bid on the action safe without going to the box but via the search side or buy an item from a vendor without going there.
Sure a postman need time to move from one place to an other, so it would take time to get the item. You may order it by "e-mail" but if you want to send or claim an item, it will first be at your mailbox next day.
This way, it would still be faster to go to the vendor/player yourself

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a way to assign a button in the client to "open" / "mail" - when it used to work it opened a strange looking halfway done mail window that I don't think ever worked quite right