• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whirlwind Attack Nerf?

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Whirlwind Attack with High Bushido skill nerf ? Now damage increases only focused target.
I sent bug report at form,but nothing announcement is in new publish.

This image, 7 Gamans surrounded 120 Bushido character.
WhirlWind.png

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always used a hit area effect on my sampire whirlwind weapons so I didn't pay much attention but I am seeing the same issue. I also tested my 119 bushido lumberjack sword char and he is not getting the bushido whirlwind damage effect or his lumberjack random damage bonus on whirlwind either.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add it to the growing list of Melee nerfs happening right now.
Seems they want everyone to become Mage/tamers once more.

Sad day........

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is starting to get worrisome and annoying.
It would be much better to bump mages and tamers power in PvM than to go and nerf the warriors again and again.
This causes the game to become boring and annoying.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like a typical Bungie move: Take something away thats been in the game for years, don't say a word to not draw attention, and if it's addressed we'll get the standard "Its a game balancing issue".
Add it to the growing list of Melee nerfs happening right now.
Seems they want everyone to become Mage/tamers once more.

Sad day........
Considering there is no cap on SDI in PvM, I'd have to say exactly correct Sir.
This causes the game to become boring and annoying.
I :heart: you DEVS but you can't steal one of a dog's favorite chew toys with out getting bit.
Please fix this.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's probably a bug.
yea, the primary target should have been hit for 20-30 as well ! lol

Btw, Bushido skill has nothing to do with Whirlwind... only Frenzied Whirlwind.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah....like the Chiv changes. lol
We know that wasn't a bug, and like I said before, I don't even think it was change because of any chiv spells, but because of mirror image.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, Bushido skill has nothing to do with Whirlwind... only Frenzied Whirlwind.
Bushido is supposed to give a damage bonus to a regular whirlwind. Damage Bonus= (Bushido/60*Number of opponents)^2

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bushido is supposed to give a damage bonus to a regular whirlwind. Damage Bonus= (Bushido/60*Number of opponents)^2
Where have you heard/read such a thing? That would make everything around you die in one whirlwind even without hit area with 4+ valid targets.

There's no way that's true.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pitchforks and torches have been ordered, and are being manufactured.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bushido - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

I remember the bonus damage on WW back when I was running bushido. That's how it always was as far as I can remember.
Yea, that looks like a possible typo as Frenzied whirlwind gains an obvious bonus damage to it from bushido and isn't mentioned at all.

Though I've never noticed, however it's capped at 100% and probably doesn't stack with 100% damage increase from items (All my suits are 100% DI for pvm)., that would also explain why I never noticed the bushido whirlwind bonus.

Interesting nonetheless.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, that looks like a possible typo as Frenzied whirlwind gains an obvious bonus damage to it from bushido and isn't mentioned at all.

Though I've never noticed, however it's capped at 100% and probably doesn't stack with 100% damage increase from items (All my suits are 100% DI for pvm)., that would also explain why I never noticed the bushido whirlwind bonus.

Interesting nonetheless.
Yeah that's possible.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's definitely supposed to be a damage bonus, though I don't know how it's calculated. I doubt it's that high but it's definitely noticeable especially in a champ spawn.