• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are Giant Turtle Active?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still love spawning them for my provoker. They are like a bard's pet and great for farming barbed leather at the Daemon Temple.

There is little point in attempting to spawn a giant turkey, the current ones just aren't as fun as those from several years ago. The devs completely missed the boat when they axed the original giant turkey event.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I saw a giant turkey in britain the other day so im certain it's active.

I just don't know what they drop other than harvester blades to make them worth the grind.

Plus the little crows it spawned were invulnerable despite being red. I couldn't kill em so I tried to tame it for training skills. No luck.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually you can spawn Giant Turkeys just by killing small turkeys..... eventually they get angry and a Giant one Spawns..... it's been this way since they put the little buggers in the spawn loops.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
This should be a new tamable . I wonder what kind of attack a turkle would have?
[format=h3]* Piotr begins to spasm uncontrollably from being tickled with a feather. * [/format]

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw a giant turkey in britain the other day so im certain it's active.

I just don't know what they drop other than harvester blades to make them worth the grind.

Plus the little crows it spawned were invulnerable despite being red. I couldn't kill em so I tried to tame it for training skills. No luck.
Those spawn when you kill "enough" of the small turkeys and they don't drop harvester's blades (those come from the Huntmastr's Challenge now). The small red birds they spawn should be killable, they're just significantly harder than a norbal bird.

The old giant turkey spawn, where they were wandering around wild during November, dropped maps or map fragments that led to nests when you had the chance at getting a plucked turkey that you could turn in at the Britain butcher for a harvester's blade.

I miss the old turkeys and their nests, it was something amusing to do. The current ones aren't worth the effort.