• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna's Halloween Event

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does Mesanna announce the event anyway?
Does she just do a shout in General chat as this would be a big problem for myself and many others as we don't have General chat on.
It's just full of whiney little PvP kids crying about hacking, cheating, what they want to do to each others mothers.....you get the idea.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes she just shouts a general message to everyone....its like a shard chat..its red bottom of screen ....everyone online on that shard will see it.... she only announces it a few times then opens a gate to the event area whichis only open for obvoius reasons ... for a max of 10 minutes

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i logged into sonoma last night & lo and behold the friggin event was taking place. but i missed my 10 minute opportunity to catch the gate.

imo, this event is so wrong in many different ways. does mesanna think this is her way of interacting with the player base? seems to me it is a chore for her otherwise there wouldn't be a 10 minute window. does the event cater to all players on each shard? no. otherwise everyone would be given an opportunity to somehow participate -- like a clicky.

if there is a concern that mesanna would be there for hours because of the offsharders then just don't do these types of events. all it does is create abrasion with the players who missed out.

if you disagree, fine. this is my opinion. my perception, my reality.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i logged into sonoma last night & lo and behold the friggin event was taking place. but i missed my 10 minute opportunity to catch the gate.

imo, this event is so wrong in many different ways. does mesanna think this is her way of interacting with the player base? seems to me it is a chore for her otherwise there wouldn't be a 10 minute window. does the event cater to all players on each shard? no. otherwise everyone would be given an opportunity to somehow participate -- like a clicky.

if there is a concern that mesanna would be there for hours because of the offsharders then just don't do these types of events. all it does is create abrasion with the players who missed out.

if you disagree, fine. this is my opinion. my perception, my reality.
yeh i play sonoma and i missed it also.. i thought she already visited all the shards.. (was thinking it was a october event only) i quess you have to be a insider or know the em's/advisors and or messana to know when this was going to take place. I just paid 35mil ( im sure i overpaid ) for a rotten pumpkin from a person that got multiple ones.. he told me there was around 50-60 people there... sucks for the people who can't be logged on 24/7 to get a chance at the event. Mesanna should have atleast given a time window of when she "might" be coming to the shard and a round about time. But that's life i quess... suck it up and pay the millions to the ones that got them with there multi accounts.

I hear that there was 2 pumpkins one with a rose dyed black and a rotten pumpkin.. the guy also told me she has 2 more shards to visit so you may keep your eye out on chessy and europa.. how he knows i have no idea.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just leave a (Replica) clicky statue, so people who missed the Event or just didn't go can also reap the benefits. I think all Event items should have a Replica Clicky for a few days 1 per account so people who weren't lucky can still have the cool items. Even drop the drop rate to 1 or 2 per event. But at least people who actually enjoy the History behind items and the events wouldn't need to pay 500bil just to look at a cool item.

Edit: for the event professionals, you're real copies will still be worth tons to the platinumaires in UO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear that there was 2 pumpkins one with a rose dyed black and a rotten pumpkin.. the guy also told me she has 2 more shards to visit so you may keep your eye out on chessy and europa.. how he knows i have no idea.
erm..he knows cause its on these boards!!!!.....because there is a list of shards that have already done the game and europa and chezzy aint had it yet...the others have been confirmed as had it by people...the black ones sell for 150-200m and the rotten ones [better graphic to be fair ] sell for 20-40m.....or have been doing so 2-3 days ago....

and i agree these mini event upset more people than they do make happy...thats definate

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for anyone interested in approimated numbers (based on attendence of the 2 largest, and reported numbers from a few small / medium)

Rotten: ~1000
Winner ~ 100 to 150

*note: there are 2 versions of the "winner" pumpkin
Mesanna's Rose of Death
Mesanna's Death Rose

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, my bad.
Mesanna is on Europa as I speak doing the event, we wer't forgotten :D :oops:

I promise I will have more faith next time oh Dark lady :blushing:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more negative than positives

my solution would be make a pole that lasts 24 hour or 48 hour... and let all the shard now ie nes etc etc middle of luna.. and let them click on the pole or even same dice... make the number u hit same 5-6 or 7 as best odds form 2 six dice.. and u eiother die or u live rewarded either way via the loot... gotta be a lot easier than mezzy doing 27 shards in 2 weeks

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once upon a time...

UO had live events, usually weekly content released on Wednesdays or Thursdays, and for 24 to 48 hours power gamers would go ape $*!+ playing new content and making money on relatively, not ridiculously, rare drops.

The whole player based was engaged in new content, even when it peeved them, "There's so much spawn outside my house!" This made for awesome guild events, by engaging as a group in what was available for everyone.

I have never seen EM events as a suitable substitute, and the numbers of people playing the game bears my thinking out. The notion that centralized control of sandbox game economy is good for the game is just flawed at its foundations.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gee, wonder if she will do this for all the other shards like she just said on Baja.. or just favorites now? And yes she is referring to another dice game there.

View attachment 38691
She mentioned it on LS too. another chance for those who missed it, but hey, chances are those who missed it the first time will more than likely miss it the second time =X

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the thing what annoy me most is that it seems in Enhanced Client i got kicked out of the General Chat very often which is not visible i think at all, thats great when she announce in gen chat a gate for 10 minutes...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not general chat

its the shard chat gump...similar to if u are having conversation with a GM ....everyone online on that shard will have seen or ignored several '''does anyone want to play a game of death'' messages ....it wouldnt matter if or what chat box u were in...this overrides all

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would anyone show proof heh. Didn't anyone ever teach you not to burn bridges..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk