• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Dragon Turtle "evil"?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just musing on the "lore" of the DT. I feel a bit bad killing the thing, and stealing its eggs. Plus you have to kill a bunch of Tigers, Dinos and Phoenix which while hostile, don't seem evil either. Infernus, yeah sounds evil, Bug peeps maybe... but that's about it. Why they all "serve" the turtle I have no idea.

All of the champions seem obviously evil, with the exception of Oaks, and he hurts your karma. You could probably argue that Baracoon doesn't seem explicitly evil, just gathering vermin. :p

Obviously the Humans, Elves, and gargoyle are the real "evil" force in the world, invading every corner of the world and killing anything that moves, and then themselves... but I speak in game fiction wise.

Am I the only one who wished that the bosses had more of a part in the in-game fiction? Why doesn't Barracoon, for example, march his vermin horde to Britain, a mere jaunt from Despise? Why doesn't the Dark Father ever try to conquer Britainia? Also why are there no books something with histories of the artifacts?

Anyway, just kinda wishing there was more lore.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It probably isn't any more evil than the average dragon, its just aggressively trying to defend its territory (or its offspring) from invaders (us).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It probably isn't any more evil than the average dragon, its just aggressively trying to defend its territory (or its offspring) from invaders (us).
That's what it seems like anyway. We so mean. :( Though stats wise and lore wise if I recall the old UO site, Dragons were actually very intelligent, more so than players, and were "good". White Wyrms were the "evil" dragons who had been banished and their fire taken from them.

Back in the day dragons were passive too.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, this post makes us sound bad lol. So, we have killed thousands of innocent Dragon Turtles by brutally stabbing them with swords and burning them with fire and lightning, then steal their children and make them our servants which we use to kill other innocent woodland creatures.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this post makes us sound bad lol. So, we have killed thousands of innocent Dragon Turtles by brutally stabbing them with swords and burning them with fire and lightning, then steal their children and make them our servants which we use to kill other innocent woodland creatures.
:sad3:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of the eggs I hatch now I kill before even taming. Won't tame anything under an R3.0 it's just not worth it. ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad2: Could at least leave it there for someone else to enslave...
Nobody wants them on Europa now unless they are R3.0 or above ;)
I even tamed some and released them back where they were born........they don't like their mother. (also their loot is less than rubbish so not even worth killing)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Obviously it has female alligator tendencies and it has it's egg nest built under the sand there and it's defending it's eggs..... hence why one is dropped everytime you kill it.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Madam Mim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You got it all wrong....the point of a Champ spawn is that we challenge the champion of the place, so it is more like a dual actually, and when we kill the champion Dragon Turlte we find out the it had an egg, and think how stupid and unkind the DT is to its offspring but we are so caring that we take the egg and nurture it and even take care of the hatchling as our own, so the evil one is the TD and those that burn the DT eggs in the incubator lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got it all wrong....the point of a Champ spawn is that we challenge the champion of the place, so it is more like a dual actually, and when we kill the champion Dragon Turlte we find out the it had an egg, and think how stupid and unkind the DT is to its offspring but we are so caring that we take the egg and nurture it and even take care of the hatchling as our own, so the evil one is the TD and those that burn the DT eggs in the incubator lol

heh nice viewpoint.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is what I've been saying all along. No Madam Mim, it is no duel. The poor thing is there all calm, and we go and bother her, then all fauna of the land come to protect nature from us freaks. Then we take the eggs. To take care of them? I don't think so... we raise the baby turtle to fight for us, to be our slaves. This whole turtle thing is sick! and we are ALL guilty.

Brb, I am going to turtle spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is what I've been saying all along. No Madam Mim, it is no duel. The poor thing is there all calm, and we go and bother her, then all fauna of the land come to protect nature from us freaks. Then we take the eggs. To take care of them? I don't think so... we raise the baby turtle to fight for us, to be our slaves. This whole turtle thing is sick! and we are ALL guilty.

Brb, I am going to turtle spawn.
LOL This is how one of my Tamers would say it for sure... Filthy humans have to take everything that doesn't belong to them just because it's there and they take the babies from that turtle and enslave them. Now if you ask her about her own pets she'd say that after the filthy humans came trouncing through the forest killing everything in their wake and such she found them in the woods as orphans scared and all alone so she offered to be their mom.... and she cares for them. She is not like the filthy humans and they help to protect her as she whispers to them in their own language and uses whistles and hand signals to direct them...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL This is how one of my Tamers would say it for sure... Filthy humans have to take everything that doesn't belong to them just because it's there and they take the babies from that turtle and enslave them. Now if you ask her about her own pets she'd say that after the filthy humans came trouncing through the forest killing everything in their wake and such she found them in the woods as orphans scared and all alone so she offered to be their mom.... and she cares for them. She is not like the filthy humans and they help to protect her as she whispers to them in their own language and uses whistles and hand signals to direct them...
Hey, your pets could be righteous recruits in the war against human/elf/gargoyle oppression, and evil in general!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, along those lines, who built the altars? Did the champions erect them? If so, why did they all shop at the same alter supply store? If not do those alters seal the champions in? Is the spawn drawn there, mesmerized by the power, and is it blood sacrifice we are committing to summon the champions?

So many questions...

Madam Mim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Also, along those lines, who built the altars? Did the champions erect them? If so, why did they all shop at the same alter supply store? If not do those alters seal the champions in? Is the spawn drawn there, mesmerized by the power, and is it blood sacrifice we are committing to summon the champions?

So many questions...
As I see it is that we challenge the champion but he wants first to see if we are proven warriors, and that is why "we" place the skulls of each wave at champ spawn at the altar and when the circle is complete he appears to fight us. But where the champion is I am not sure....maybe in another dimension

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not a big fan of killing tigers, but I gotta tell ya if one jumped me irl and it was him or me I'd stab that ******* too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a big fan of killing tigers, but I gotta tell ya if one jumped me irl and it was him or me I'd stab that ******* too.
heh I feel like if a tiger or a bear or something really wants to kill me irl... unless I have a glock, I'm probably deadsville. :p