• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously Stratics...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes. This is a Uhall discussion.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We should as a Uhall population discuss this. It needs to be brought back to minimal in my opinion.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree, 11 stickies is way too much. In my opinion no forum should ever have more than 2 or 3 stickies. It just looks cluttered.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks Stratics! My last post was just a quick thing before I went to work. I am a minimalist at heart.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks Stratics! My last post was just a quick thing before I went to work. I am a minimalist at heart.
Not a problem, I'm going to try and keep an eye on some of the items that get stuck and remove the sticky once they become irrelevant.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can I ask what is going on with the ads?

I've had a few times at work and twice at home where any forum i load goes into a reload loop and reloads the ads over and over. Happened about 5 hours ago last time and it just gets frustrating.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can I ask what is going on with the ads?

I've had a few times at work and twice at home where any forum i load goes into a reload loop and reloads the ads over and over. Happened about 5 hours ago last time and it just gets frustrating.
Can I get you to re-post this in the Stratics Bug Reports forum, with as much info as you can remember, what was the ad for if you could see it etc. This way I can get the person who handles our ads to take a look at it.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It went through a whole slew of ads. Just kept reloading the page over and over to where I couldn't even get into a sub forum. I'll see if I can replicate it tomorrow and get a video too. And document what caused it if I can find it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It went through a whole slew of ads. Just kept reloading the page over and over to where I couldn't even get into a sub forum. I'll see if I can replicate it tomorrow and get a video too. And document what caused it if I can find it.
Thanks, now one thing I can suggest at the moment though. The other day we had a bad install on an update that we had to fix, it was causing an array of weird things happening until we nailed down what happened. After we fixed the root cause, some of us in staff were still getting oddities until we cleared our browser cache. This was related to the login/logout problems a few people reported, and a couple of other strange things happening. It may be worth clearing out your Cache if this happens again to see if it corrects the problem.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, now one thing I can suggest at the moment though. The other day we had a bad install on an update that we had to fix, it was causing an array of weird things happening until we nailed down what happened. After we fixed the root cause, some of us in staff were still getting oddities until we cleared our browser cache. This was related to the login/logout problems a few people reported, and a couple of other strange things happening. It may be worth clearing out your Cache if this happens again to see if it corrects the problem.
Okay so I figured out what it is.

Stratics keeps me "logged in" per my request. But if I'm not logged into Facebook, it will still show me as logged in but force a loop sequence. I've got a video of what it does, I just need to upload it in a few.

Previously, if I was logged out of Facebook, Xenforo would automatically not have me logged in. When I logged in and refreshed Stratics, it would log me in automatically. So something changed in the functionality of the Facebook login plugin.