• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is anyone using the masteries? (PVP)

axegum

Visitor
Besides the passives/buffs I don't see anyone using the new masteries, do you?

still no macro for some of the spells
still one hour cool down on some of the spells
still really bad spells with some skills ex. wrestling- everything about this sucks, chivalry- holy fist does crap damage and has a chance to slow for 1 second, uhh ok? Rejuvenate- one hour cooldown

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've used the poison mastery but it uses a lot of mana and seems u can only apply greater poison not deadly. So I usually stick to the normal special...and the passive fencing resetting each login makes it worthless..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since my recent return I seem to see a lot of RP-PVPers on cats spaming for various combat masteries.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still really bad spells with some skills ex. wrestling- everything about this sucks
Yeah, the wrestling mastery being so bad really annoys me. I was all prepped to make a character based around wrestling. They major change they made in development actually made it worse, taking the best ability putting it on a cooldown, and making only work when you get hit. It seems like they wanted to make it caster mastery rather than a combat one, which is a shame, because I really doubt anyone would ever use it as such.

To be fair, you can actually make it pretty good, but only with Beast Form that gives you a boost to unarmed, (though still easily worst than any AI weapon) but which leaves you on foot, meaning it's pointless in pvp.

Before anyone jumps on me, I tested it (because it was one of the things I was most interested in), and gave feedback several times.

The weapon masteries seem like they will obviously see play in pvp, but not until you can macro them.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have no problem with them at this time. they aren't made to be over powering, thank god. if they made them too powerful, they would be spending a lot of time adjusting. people complaining. aren't we powerful enough. I use them all the time. a couple can be seen as too powerful and a few are possibly too weak but seem to be fine for now. with them being shard bound, they will be very cheap on some shards, been seeing them on the ground a lot.

Governor Ma Nerva

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i ate a poisoning volume 3 and can apply the dp poison with little problem.(few tries at times) and it lasts forever it seemed so you dont have to reapply it over and over. It does lower your targets poison resist base 30 for pvm and 15 for pvp.So , besides poisoning the target it lowers base which is a plus. A 100 poison bow and I see dead people.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used Heighten Senses yesterday by accident, forgot it was even up when the guy dropped. I'd guess it's unsustainable in a prolonged fight due to the mana maintenance though.

Death Ray isn't bad either, but EXTREMELY situational. I managed to hit a guy with it twice yesterday, though he didn't notice it until the second hit - 35 damage on the first hit, 33 on the second.

Yeah, the wrestling mastery being so bad really annoys me. I was all prepped to make a character based around wrestling. They major change they made in development actually made it worse, taking the best ability putting it on a cooldown, and making only work when you get hit. It seems like they wanted to make it caster mastery rather than a combat one, which is a shame, because I really doubt anyone would ever use it as such.

To be fair, you can actually make it pretty good, but only with Beast Form that gives you a boost to unarmed, (though still easily worst than any AI weapon) but which leaves you on foot, meaning it's pointless in pvp.

Before anyone jumps on me, I tested it (because it was one of the things I was most interested in), and gave feedback several times.

The weapon masteries seem like they will obviously see play in pvp, but not until you can macro them.
They already are. I just checked and there's a bunch (possibly all, I don't have a book of Masteries on Atlantic, so I can't tell if any are missing from the list) at the bottom of the "Cast Spell" menu in the CC. Dunno where they are in the EC, but I'm gonna add Shield Bash & Heighten Senses macros when I go on LS later.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have no problem with them at this time. they aren't made to be over powering, thank god. if they made them too powerful, they would be spending a lot of time adjusting. people complaining. aren't we powerful enough. I use them all the time. a couple can be seen as too powerful and a few are possibly too weak but seem to be fine for now. with them being shard bound, they will be very cheap on some shards, been seeing them on the ground a lot.
i actually have been seeing this as well.
they need to get some spell binders going for these books and also some mastery book books so we can warehouse them.

i was over x-sharding the other day and found a couple level 3's for what i considered dirt cheap, purchased, ate them then x-sharded back home.
saved myself over 50 mill from buying them on my home shard.
that in it self made the shard shield jump worth doing.