• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Riyana submitted a new Article:

11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript

This is a transcript of the Chesapeake Dev Meet and Greet that took place on 11/2/15. The dev statements are color coded for easy reference.

(Unfortunately the first coupe questions did not log correctly.)

Mesanna says: its a big task to redo it all
Mesanna says: but its very time consuming also
Mesanna says: Bleak would have to do it

A Dirty Old Man says: if it is not worth the time, I can understand that
A Dirty Old Man says: Just was tossing it out there to help the bod'ers
A Dirty Old Man says: I reckon that's all for me, thanks for listening!
Mesanna says: thank you
Mesanna says: hi Tigger

Lord Tigger says: Hail Thee
Lord Tigger...
Read more about this article here...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only question on imbuing was about artifacts, and... They say the reward isn't great enough. It'd be greater than the "reward" of getting those artifacts as is, at least.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not being able to alter items that have an equivalent gargoyle graphic is a bit silly...like the shadow dancer leggings...

We get that Hawkwind's robe has a special graphic, but that's a poor excuse to make it unalterable. Just have it alter into fancy gargish robe. Problem solved. (Shadow dancer leggings can become gargish leather legs)

Also, what Ender says about imbuing artifacts is true. The "reward" is completely in the eye of the beholder. Furthermore, when Imbuing was released, most anything under 500 weight COULD be imbued, so we know there are no technical hurdles to overcome. As for "balance" that's kind of a silly excuse, seeing as most of the old artifacts are seriously anemic.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A certain little goblin was less than happy with the response to her gypsy wagon question... especially after Mesanna said they might give the goblins "little red wagons". :(

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to clarify some things written about me from that transcript. Stratics does not have a "head person under owner" so it cannot be me like the person said, that's just not the way the website structure is organized and I am not sure why that was even mentioned. Also, the person said they are my "head emissary" which is not true. The person has been removed from the guild for multiple issues that have happened recently.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'd like to clarify some things written about me from that transcript. Stratics does not have a "head person under owner" so it cannot be me like the person said, that's just not the way the website structure is organized and I am not sure why that was even mentioned. Also, the person said they are my "head emissary" which is not true. The person has been removed from the guild for multiple issues that have happened recently.
I think we were all taken by surprise by that. And can you imagine Mesanna getting involved in all our little in-game dramas/misunderstandings? The poor woman would be working 24/7... :p I think she handled it well.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So not one player on Cheesey asked about the Chiv changes????
Wow......just wow....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A certain little goblin was less than happy with the response to her gypsy wagon question... especially after Mesanna said they might give the goblins "little red wagons". :(
Bless you for speaking OOC on the forums. Bless you. :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I sense an aversion to the goblinese dialect? :p
In game, I'm fine with anyone RPing how ever, but on the forums... it can be a bit much. Not just goblins, anyone who types in a funny dialect, or in character.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
In game, I'm fine with anyone RPing how ever, but on the forums... it can be a bit much. Not just goblins, anyone who types in a funny dialect, or in character.
I know. I was just amused by your comment. :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know I don't even mind it on Shard forums and really in RP forums it's perfectly acceptable, but in a broad general forum, I personally find it at times a bit on the discourteous side. We're a community of varying play styles, and I try to make every attempt to respect that. When dealing with members of the RP community in game, I assume a persona fitting my character, which is and remains consistent with the adventures I've taken Him on.

Even on the forums, if a thread is RP in nature I'd do this if I had something to contribute. But say here on UHall or in our Stratics Bug Reports forum if someone has an issue, I don't want to have to spend time deciphering the fictional dialect they write everything in before I can attempt to assist them. If someone doesn't have English as a primary language, since I don't speak any other fluently, no problem I'll happily exercise patience with them to resolve their issue. But write it in Goblin, Orkish, or Clown Shoe-ese because you elected not too, then you're just making things harder on me and yourself, because you elected to create a greater potential for miscommunication.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But write it in Goblin, Orkish, or Clown Shoe-ese because you elected not too, then you're just making things harder on me and yourself, because you elected to create a greater potential for miscommunication.
used to be in the tos that posts were required to be in English (or an english translation provided)

when did this change? i messaged ron bron about it and he said it didnt matter since we were switching (at the time) to the new site with a translate feature.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i messaged ron bron about it and he said it didnt matter since we were switching (at the time) to the new site with a translate feature.
Hmm... given the stunning results from Google translate at times, I'm not convinced this will end well....o.0