• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a cleanup point bug?

Good morning!

I had three artifact level items from the big old turtle. I threw them all into the trash bin. Only the 1st one yielded me points. Look at this picture:

Items 2 and 3 only got me a "burp" and "that hit the spot". I checked my cleanup balance and it has stayed at the above mentioned 12422.

Is there a bug with cleanup points?

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Good morning!

I had three artifact level items from the big old turtle. I threw them all into the trash bin. Only the 1st one yielded me points. Look at this picture:

Items 2 and 3 only got me a "burp" and "that hit the spot". I checked my cleanup balance and it has stayed at the above mentioned 12422.

Is there a bug with cleanup points?
Perhaps new content items aren't yet considered trash -- which tbh would kind of make sense. I'm not sure the intent of Cleanup was to get rid of new stuff that folks are still exploring and interested in, vs. getting rid of old stuff that people just have lying around and taking up server space.

Did you target it first to see how many points it was supposed to give you before you threw it in? (context menu of the trash bin, target items)

Of course not! If I appraised each and every single item it would take too long. I just trashed the items.

It makes sense? This is a medieval fantasy game full of dragons, dungeons and giant turtles, why are you aiming for "sense"? :)

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Of course not! If I appraised each and every single item it would take too long. I just trashed the items.

It makes sense? This is a medieval fantasy game full of dragons, dungeons and giant turtles, why are you aiming for "sense"? :)
I was attempting to be non-judgmental with my phrasing. ;-)

It "made sense" because the devs were likely focused on the release more than on adding new items and values to the cleanup tables -- especially for new content-related items that are still in their prime farm/sell phase. I for one am a little disappointed that there aren't very many items from the new content for sale on vendors (I'm a crafter more than a fighter). It also made sense that it wouldn't occur to them that folks would be throwing that stuff away quite so quickly, so they could de-prioritize that task.

But that's just me "supposing" based on my experience working for software development companies. Could be something else entirely.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
standard loot items are worth very little as clean up points, which is why I usually opt to unravel those instead. I suggest checking a few with the trash container's context menu to confirm this for yourself. The ones that are worth serious points are the ones listed on the 'artifact' pages of the items listing: Items | Ultima Online

[anchor]s2s-dummy-link[/anchor]