• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barcoon Issues with Sampire

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok... what gives??? 113 Swords & 100 Tactics and I am missing Baracoon almost all the time.. anything else, I am hitting almost all the time... did something change in the latest TOL pack? Ive also noticed my sampire is not healing as well when hitting monsters and am dying way more than I used to.
Thoughts?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... what gives??? 113 Swords & 100 Tactics and I am missing Baracoon almost all the time.. anything else, I am hitting almost all the time... did something change in the latest TOL pack? Ive also noticed my sampire is not healing as well when hitting monsters and am dying way more than I used to.
Thoughts?
113? Not 120? What's your HCI? Do you use HLD? Really you shouldn't die at coon unless you are being reckless (not killing big groups of casters fast enough) or have terrible gear.

I just started soloing champs, so I can't say anything about how it used to be, but I don't have any issue with this spawn, and my gear is just standard imbued stuff.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
113? Not 120? What's your HCI? Do you use HLD? Really you shouldn't die at coon unless you are being reckless (not killing big groups of casters fast enough) or have terrible gear.

I just started soloing champs, so I can't say anything about how it used to be, but I don't have any issue with this spawn, and my gear is just standard imbued stuff.
As I remember, HLD doesn't work in pvm. You do want 120 weap skill and max HCI though. When he summons Ratmen, just use Momentum Strike or switch to a Whirlwind weap (if you have an equip last weap macro.) I usually use Momentum Strike for 'Coon, since my Repond Slayer has 40% Hit Fire Area.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't seen any issues on fighting Barracoon or missing hits in particular, however, I have noticed my armor wearing out a lot more quickly than it used to. I feel like I'm repairing a piece or two of my sampire armor every other day.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HLD works pretty well in PvM.
Regarding Baracoon, I have no issue hitting him and hitting him constantly. But you should get that swords to 120, make sure you have enough HCI and at least 30 HLD on your weapon or suit.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I remember, HLD doesn't work in pvm. You do want 120 weap skill and max HCI though. When he summons Ratmen, just use Momentum Strike or switch to a Whirlwind weap (if you have an equip last weap macro.) I usually use Momentum Strike for 'Coon, since my Repond Slayer has 40% Hit Fire Area.
HLD doesn't work in PvM?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i hope it works!
i run 80HLD on my sampire with 45HCI and 120 weapon skill and i use lightning strike and i dont miss.
did a rat 2 nights ago with 2 of us sampires and coon went down in like 2 minutes if even that.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've done baracoon so many times solo and never had issues hitting him till this morning so was confused as to what's going on

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed I miss a lot more than I use to. I whiffed about 10 times in a row the other day. I've got 120 swords and max hit chance. I got no problems killin him but I have to pay attention to my life now where before I just spammed armor ignore.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLD doesn't work in PvM?
i hope it works!
i run 80HLD on my sampire with 45HCI and 120 weapon skill and i use lightning strike and i dont miss.
did a rat 2 nights ago with 2 of us sampires and coon went down in like 2 minutes if even that.
I didn't think it did, but I could be wrong. I only run 30% from the Mace & Shield clone out of Blackthorn on my sampire. At the very least, it didn't help in Shadowguard when facing Ozmyandias/Anon.

I was whiffing a lot on a Barracoon yesterday, but that could have just been bad luck.