• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas Event?

Anna Sasin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't it be kool to have an evil Christmas invasion?? I really loved when they were randomly invading the towns. Such fun! Evil Santa as boss? Naughty elves? Freaky snowmen? Just an idea.
Oh and could we please be able to place our Christmas trees in November please? TY!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No invasion
I would like peace and quiet for once...... a nice snowy land with decoing and playing with our gifts...ty

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and could we please be able to place our Christmas trees in November please?
o.0 No! Its annoying enough when people do that in real life! Some malls already have trees up, and I've seen three Christmas-themed commercials...two before Halloween!
Let's get past Thanksgiving before:bdh:Christmas.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even want to think about Xmas until after Thanksgiving.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like holidays to be peaceful and laid-back whenever possible. :)

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just want stuff with little effort. What the Christmas holidays are all about.

I'm not trying to be sarcastically funny either. I really do want that. Give me stuff so I can log in and then log out and proceed to go into a delicious ham food comma IRL.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm all for active events, which are optional to participate in.

For me, if I wanted laid back and uneventful I'd probably just find something other than uo to do.
The drops that are exactly the same thing seem pretty dry to me.

Don't get me wrong the items are a good thought, I just don't need 15 of them in every shard.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a invasion would be great... something you can do whenever you have time. I hate trying to keep up with the EM's and when they are having events.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like an event that was an actual event with things to do.

An invasion of winter-themed monsters could be interesting. They could drop recipes (at a rate greater than that of Eodon) for new craftables like a Santa hat, candy canes (just need a peppermint resource), maybe ice weaponry that's only craftable in winter...or anti-ice heat-based weaponry...

We haven't had a good world wide, persistent event in way too long.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'd like an event that was an actual event with things to do.

An invasion of winter-themed monsters could be interesting. They could drop recipes (at a rate greater than that of Eodon) for new craftables like a Santa hat, candy canes (just need a peppermint resource), maybe ice weaponry that's only craftable in winter...or anti-ice heat-based weaponry...

We haven't had a good world wide, persistent event in way too long.
I think one of the more popular events was the harbinger one.

Something along those lines would be great.

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I love this idea!

This would make me so happy and make it possible for everyone to enjoy it. I'd like to add to it to show some easy ways to make it happen. Easy to my mind anyways.

Instead of Santa though, they can use Krampus. They can have a basic storyline, like he is invading Britain to kidnap children. Recolor the goblins red and green for 'Krampus' twisted helpers', rename Harts to 'Demented Reindeer', Shadow Earth elementals as 'Coal Elementals', Snow Elementals, Beefed up (paragon or higher) Red Greater dragon as 'Rudolph'.

I would love to see an ongoing even that did not require me to log in at a specific time (impossible because of my job) on a specific day.

Great Idea @Anna Sasin

Anna Sasin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Now ya'll are getting into the spirit! =) I love the invasions. I can fight if/when I want. VERY good idea PurplePotion! Love them!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really liked the town invasions that preceded Blackthorn's dungeon - great group fun, could drop in and out when you wanted, good chances of drops that could be turned in for meaningful rewards

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holiday trees should be year round. Always thought it was dumb I cant have a xmas tree up in march!!! I can have a neon purple castle walls but I can't put a xmas tree up in the summer! I personally like to celebrate everyday like it is christmas!